France vs India

Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

France vs India

Post by sdsanft »

I know this is a thread that probably already exists, but I have a few extra questions so I gonna make it anyway. How does fre win this MU (afaik it's French favored on RE and EP). What's the card order (I usually go 3v 4v 700c 700w)? What's the optimal army comp in age 3? When should I make units in age 2? I have two recs that I'll post later, one win and one loss, if that's helps.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Re: France vs India

Post by yoqpasa »

3v 4v 700c 700w, just a boring standard 5 cav semi with tp and you will be totally fine. Then skirm-goons , send cannons to siege agra and mix cuirs if he makes many ghurkas.

Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

yoqpasa wrote:3v 4v 700c 700w, just a boring standard 5 cav semi with tp and you will be totally fine. Then skirm-goons , send cannons to siege agra and mix cuirs if he makes many ghurkas.

Once I reach fortress, when should I push? Should I push as soon as I have a solid mass so that he can't age, or play for the long game?

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

If he has a forward Agra, he probably won't be able to age up without losing the fort, so there's no need to stop him from aging in that case. In any case you will hit fortress first, so if he's defensive you can probably just take the whole map and wait for him to come to you, while your superior economy has been ticking the whole time. You have your stealthed native scout, explorer, and 5 hussars for information as well to decide what to do.
Pay more attention to detail.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

i doubt if cav semi can beat consulate rush really.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

If you have good hunts it doesn't seem that impossible. But I've seen a high level game where the French player fights in colonial with xbow/musk/huss on Mongolia, so perhaps that's a more proper approach.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

yoqpasa wrote:3v 4v 700c 700w, just a boring standard 5 cav semi with tp and you will be totally fine. Then skirm-goons , send cannons to siege agra and mix cuirs if he makes many ghurkas.

lol, no on EP you wouldn't be "totally fine" xD, if he does cons timing or just cons rush, I highly doubt you can deal with 15+ sepoy and 6 redcoat and age safely, even 8bow/mm, which would normally push back the sepoy, kinda lose to sepoy+redcoat :P, on RE patch its proba easier for france to stop this but on EP way harder.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

If your playing Fre, and you scout Agra then I'd do following;
First card either 700w or 4cdb and open musk, add xbow and ship 8 bow if you need to,
if you manage to push him back or even better catch him with mm too, send 700c and try age, if you manage to age and still push his mass back you have kind of won already.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

ez MU, musk bow semi if agra. if karni then cav semi
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Hazza54321 wrote:ez MU, musk bow semi if agra. if karni then cav semi

yeah, I was trying to say that, nice sum up, but I was just saying to yoqpasa, 5huss semi is bit risky, and if he con rush you must musk/bow semi
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

How do you musk/bow semi?

Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

sdsanft wrote:How do you musk/bow semi?

pre sure i said up, but maybe im wrong, I don't really play France that much
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Ye I think musk semi is a but safer vs aggressive agra...... You might need to send 8 bows depending on how all in it is (ie cons rush)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I was arguing a while ago about musk semi and pros told me that cavis better :hmm:

cav mainly gives you an opportunity to raid and keep him busy, also you canship 8 xbows + pop MM and snare him with hhus, but other than that its tough since you can't engage with huss on sepoys really. And when you go for musks, he can go for gurkha...

So I guess it's up to you and your playstyle as neither of these strats seems to be vastly superior to another.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Musk semi, it is safe and allows u to ship falcs 1st in fortress. I once consider the mu playable in colonial but I now think it isnt unless ur opponent does some flail elifent rush lol
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

So for my tournament games vs somppu I shortly prepared for this mu and against sepoy rush (not consulate rush) a 10 musk semi wins pretty handily. Against consulate rush I demonstrated to have no clue how to win.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I'm guessing it's close on EP, in favor of Indians. On RE it should be in favor of French.
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

you're welcome to try that mu in ep me as india, let's see how it goes.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

princeofkabul wrote:

ok
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

Hazza54321 wrote:
princeofkabul wrote:

ok

Someone stream this plz?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

Can someone just give a basic BO for musk/bow semi? I assume it's just 14v age up 3v-4v-700c-8bow-1000w?

Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03

Post by Gendarme »

@sdsanft If he's going all in rush, you don't need to raid, because you're already miles ahead economically. Just survive and you'll win.

I think if you wanna go for a semi-FF, you need a trading post - otherwise naked FF (I like 4 CDBs > 700w > 8 skirm)/playing colonial (depending on how aggressive he is) is the better choice I think.

You'll do musk/bow semi if he's going aggressive, so card order is probably 3 CDBs > 700w > 4 CDBs (or 8 xbows on Deccan/Carolina) > 8 xbows (or 4 CDBs if you sent 8 xbows previously) > 700 c > age up with Exiled Prince. If you start with 200w, start with a TP, chop 100 more wood for a house, and get a market and research hunting dogs and placer mines during the transition to colonial age. If you start with 100w and 100c, start with early market, research hunting dogs, and get a TP and research placer mines during the transition to the colonial age. Make sure that none if this delays your age up-time. You should be able to queue up to colonial age with no idle time and 14 CDBs. If you have trouble getting early market/TP without delaying your age up-time, practice against the AI - you'll learn quickly.

In general, during the transition to colonial age, you would research hunting dogs and placer mines if you haven't already, and have 125w and 125c stacked ready to research steel traps as soon as you hit the colonial age. However, if you had a food start and didn't get either early market or early TP and are having trouble getting enough resources for all of this, you can probably skip steel traps and get it when the 700w arrives instead (which is your first shipment in this case). Remember to research great coat from the market before shit goes down. It is very likely that you will need to use your CDBs during the fights, and it's just a great thing to research in general (especially if you aren't 2008-Ryan).

You generally don't want to chop wood at all, so keep in mind that a large portion of this 700w is going to be used for houses, so don't add a second barracks for fun just because you have wood laying around; if you hit fortress you will need the wood for a stable. Keep in mind that if you somehow need houses but have no wood, you can always buy some wood from the market - there's no need to start chopping wood for houses in colonial age. You would probably almost exclusively train only musketeers, because they are more efficient for you to train (because you have steel traps and placer mines), and you need to have a substantial amount of them before starting to train crossbowmen anyway, because of 3 gardeners/4 sowars/10 tiger claws would tear you apart otherwise (not to mention those two pesky Indian monks). You will either be on your way to fortress, or be dead, before you ever reach the point of having to train crossbowmen, I think.

The worst map for you would probably be Hispaniola, because India will age up extremely quickly, you have no TP, and except for berries, the map only has a few turkeys which are far away from your TC. I don't think you can semi-FF here, because of the lack of trading post. So start with musk/xbow, and hope to trap him with minutemen (use explorer snare or 1-2 musketeers in melee mode to snare), and take the game from there. If you manage to do this, you've probably won, but if not - I don't see how you can possibly win. Your hunts will run out about 58 years before his hunts run out (his villagers don't cost food and he has map control), so all he has to do is to maintain his map control with the agra fort and watch you starve to death. You just have to hope he's going all in and loses everything to your minutemen.

But as I always say, I'm shit at this game, so take everything I say with a grain of salt, a slice of lime, and a shot of tequila.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

ovi12 wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

ok

Someone stream this plz?

get a life mate
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

pecelot wrote:
ovi12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Someone stream this plz?

get a life mate

?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

sdsanft wrote:

Once I reach fortress, when should I push? Should I push as soon as I have a solid mass so that he can't age, or play for the long game?

My version of France involves a push shortly after hitting age 3. I send the 2 falcs and spam Curassiers. But as others have said, scout well. Swap some Curassiers out for goons if India goes Zamburak or elephant heavy.

I'm not actually sure what a standard French FF looks like. Skirm/goon?