Sioux Mini-Guide

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

2019 edit: This guide is extremely outdated. I strongly recommend you to find other, more recent guides, especially if you are playing on the ESOC Patch.

This mini-guide will contain a few build orders and some tips. I figured I might as well make this because GoodSpeed doesn't list Sioux in his [a href="https://eso-community.forums.net/thread/140/tad-guide-3?page=4"]guide

[/a]Note: The underlined matchups indicate that you can use both strategies in this matchup, depending on the amount of pressure that the other player offers.

[font size="5"]Bow rider age 2:[/font]

Use this vs British, Russia, Iroquois, Sioux, Ottomans, and Aztecs

3 vills on food crates, the other 2 on hunts. Don't collect wood/coin crates. Send 3 vills and ageup with 15 vills

Age with 400w. Gather the coin/wood crates that you had left before and 1) In a Sioux mirror build a TP or 2) in any other MU than a Sioux mirror build a market and research hunting dogs and placer mines. Build 2 stables from your ageup wood.

Send 700g, 600g, Cav HP, train bow riders and in a Sioux mirror, go out of your base if you got out 10 bow riders on your first batch.. Note that it takes 150g to train 2 bow riders (1 from each stable), so only gather 150g to queue 1 bow rider. Gather up your 700g with ~5 vills and queue up 10 bow riders from each stable. This will require good macro (not overcollecting gold) and practice. Once you have done that, put 5 vills on gold to gather 50g.

Raid with these 10 bow riders. Note that it takes 8 shots from a bow rider to kill a villager without the Great Coats upgrade. With the Great Coats upgrade, it takes 10 shots (10.1 to be exact). Raid using this information' attack one villager with 8 bow riders and attack another villager with the remaining 2 bow riders. This might seem like a small detail, but it will eventually win you the game.

The 8 bow riders you trained with the 700g cost 600g, so you will have 150g if you collect the 100g from crates and collect 50g by gathering. Queue up 1 bow rider from each stable again and send 600g. You will be able to get out 10 bow riders again with good macro. Now distribute your villagers between food and gold, slightly more vills on food than on gold (ex: 13 on food, 9 on gold) Retask your vills if you're overgathering a resource.

Now raid with two control groups. Constantly. Remember the 8/10 (depending on Great Coats) bow rider shots rule' if you have 15 bow riders it's best to split them. If he splits his army you continue to add bow riders and raid in different places. If you are comfortable with using more than two control groups (not recommended for newer players), you can even use 3 control groups.
Pay a lot of attention to your bow riders. Running them into your enemy's mass while you're retasking vills is never a good idea (I'm speaking from experience).

[font size="4"]Dog Soldier Big Button

[/font]
[font size="3"]In a Sioux mirror, never use the Big Button unless your opponent somehow managed to age and has wakinas and isn't dead yet. The Big Button costs 1500f, this equals to 15 more bow riders, so this is never a good idea in a mirror. In any other matchup, the Big Button is very good at around 12-15 minutes. See the table below for a complete list of timings. Use this information to your advantage' for example gathering 1500f because you know when French's pioneers timing hits you.[/font]

(Note: If you are being rushed by any civ, build a warhut and a stable from your ageup wood. Gather 50 more wood for this)

[font size="5"]Bow rider semi-ff:[/font]

Use this vs British, India, Spain, Portuguese, Dutch, Germans, Ottomans, Chinese.

3 vills on food crates, don't collect wood/coin crates. Send 3 vills and ageup with 15 vills

Age with 400w. Gather the coin/wood crates that you had left before and build a market and research hunting dogs and placer mines.. Build a TP. Build another tp and a stable from your ageup wood. Send 4 vills. Train 5 bow riders and raid with them. Send 700g and age up. Train 5 more bow riders during ageup. Send 700w for a warhut and the elite bow rider upgrade. Train 5 wakina from your warhut. Save the extra wood for a) another warhut to secure resources later or b) the elite axe rider upgrade if your opponent is mixing a lot of light infantry (longbow, skirmisher). Ship 9 wakina and 3 dog soldiers when you hit the fortress age. You should be able to push after your 9 wakina arrive with 14 wakina and 5-10 elite bow riders, depending on how many you lost

[font size="5"]Axe rider semi[/font]

Use this vs French, Japan

3 vills on food crates, don't collect wood/coin crates. Send 3 vills and ageup with 15 vills

Age with 400w. Gather the coin/wood crates that you had left before and build a market and research hunting dogs and placer mines.. Build a TP. Build another tp and a stable from your ageup wood. Send 4 vills. Train 4 axe riders and raid with them. Against Japan, use your axe riders to kill Japan's explorers. Note that you will need a lot less gold for 4 axe riders, 160 gold in total, than for 5 bow riders. 3-4 vills on gold should be enough to maintain production, depending on the amount of coin treasures you have gotten. Send 700g and age up. Train 5 more axe riders during ageup. Send 700w for a warhut and the elite axe rider upgrade. Train 5 wakina from your warhut. Save the extra wood for a) another warhut to secure resources later or b) the elite bow rider upgrade if your opponent is mixing a lot of cavalry. Ship 9 wakina and 3 dog soldiers when you hit the fortress age. You should be able to push after your 9 wakina arrive with 14 wakina and 4-9 elite axe riders, depending on how many you lost

Decks:

[font size="1"](The only difference is the 3 TP card)
[/font]
[font size="5"]Dog Soldiers:[/font]

The Dog Soldier is one of the strongest age 2 hand cav units in the game. You can either ship 2 dog soldiers in colonial, 2/3 dog soldiers in fortress, or 4 dog soldiers in industrial. You can also use your Big Button from your Town Center for 1500f, which spawns you a few dog soldiers. It's not recommended to do this until you get at least 5 dog soldiers, however. See the table below for the full info.

[font size="5"]Civ notes:[/font]

Spanish

Go for a 5 bow rider semi-ff if you scout a FF. If you scout a rush, make a warhut and ship 700w first for cetan bows. If you didn't lose your TP, ship 4v and 700g and age up after you have held the rush. Train Rifle Riders and a few elite axe riders to deal with Spain's army composition.

British

Go for a 5 bow rider semi-ff if you scout a defensive build. If you scout a rush, make a warhut and a stable and go for the bow rider mass build order. Train axe riders if he mixes longbows. Either age up after you have held his rush or continue going colonial and raid on low hunt maps.

French

Go for a 4 axe rider semi-ff. Scout whether he's going for musk mass or a 10 musk semi-ff. If he's going musk mass he will most likely start 2 rax, if he's going 10 musk semi-ff he will most likely start 1 rax 2 houses. If he is going for musk mass, don't build any axe riders after the first 4. Mass wakina and a few elite bow riders in case he mixes cav. If he is going for a 10 musk semi-ff, build 5 more axe riders and mass axe rider/wakina. Push after your 9 wakina arrive, kill army/vills, and take him out with your big button once he pushes out too far.

Portuguese

Go for a 5 bow rider semi-ff. Scout whether he's going for some kind of gypsy aizamk rush or a FF. Build a warhut and a stable if he rushes, otherwise follow the regular bow rider semi-ff build. Mass elite axe riders/wakina early on, then mass elite bow riders in late fortress for his mamelukes.

Dutch

Go for a 5 bow rider semi-ff. If you scout a rush, make a warhut and a stable, otherwise follow the regular bow rider semi-ff build. Mass elite axe rider/wakina and mix a few (elite) bow riders in case he makes huss. Only get the elite upgrade if you have seen hussars.

Russians

Go for bow rider mass. Make a stable and a TP instead of 2 stables. If he is rushing ship 4 axe riders and 2 dog soldiers. Once the 2 dog soldiers have arrived you will have a steady mass of bow riders and enough melee cav. Push out and take out his army. Kill and idle his vills until your eco is ahead and you're winning the game.

Germans

Go for a 5 bow rider semi-ff. Be careful not to get trapped by 9 uhlan (providing Germany goes semi-ff) with your 5 bow riders. Build a 2nd stable instead of a warhut. Once you're in fortress mass elite axe riders and bow riders. If he mixes a lot of war wagons you should chop wood for a warhut and train wakina (+ ship 9 wakina). Defend and win the game when he pushes out using your big button.

Ottomans

Just don't.

Iroquois

Just don't

Indians

Just don't

Sioux

Refer to the bow rider mass "Sioux mirror".

Aztecs

This is a very hard matchup, but not impossible. Go for a bow rider semi-ff. If you scout a rush, make a warhut and a stable. Ship 700w 1st and train cetan bows to take out his puma. Train axe riders to take out his mace. Don't push out until you've got at least 15-20 axe riders and enough cetan bows (chop more wood after 700w has been sent) for his puma. Mix a few bow riders to take out his coyote runners.

Chinese

Go for a 5 bow rider semi-ff. Train elite bow riders/wakina and use your 3/2 dog soldiers cards to take out his skirmishers. Push out once your 9 wakina arrive, but retreat before his major shipments arrive. Never fight next to a village, unless a shipment has just been sent.

Japanese

Go for a 4 axe rider semi-ff. Train elite axe riders/wakina. Constantly push, snipe vills and military. Ship military and pressure Japan until he dies. Destroy shrines with your axe riders.
France iNcog
Ninja

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by iNcog »

wow
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by Papist »

Lame 'p
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by fei123456 »

dog soldier big button: 4 at 10 min, 5 at 14 min, 6 at 16 min, 7 at 20 min. and it takes 10 seconds. so if you click it at 13: 50 you will get 5 dog soldiers. and 15?50 for 6 dog soldiers.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by Marco1698 »

I like it :D well done bram
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

paul wrote:dog soldier big button: 4 at 10 min, 5 at 14 min, 6 at 16 min, 7 at 20 min. and it takes 10 seconds. so if you click it at 13: 50 you will get 5 dog soldiers. and 15?50 for 6 dog soldiers.
Here''s a full list (tested by myself):

I made the original post within 10 mins but if @Mitoe made a new thread and gave it an amazing name I might as well format it a bit and add extra info.

0-2 mins: 0 dog soldiers
2-4 mins: 1 dog soldier
4-8 mins: 2 dog soldiers
8-10 mins: 3 dog soldiers
10-14 mins: 4 dog soldiers
14-16 mins: 5 dog soldiers
16-20 mins: 6 dog soldiers
20-22 mins: 7 dog soldiers
22-26 mins: 8 dog soldiers
26-28 mins: 9 dog soldiers
28+ mins: 10 dog soldiers
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by _venox_ »

they are called bow riders cuz they make all villagers bow *badum zz*
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Updated it a bit.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by fei123456 »

early age2 double stable is a waste of wood. a tp is much better.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by _venox_ »

@ coup only when planning to stay colonial he builds 2 stables.
Why the 1k food? where is the 15%/20% food/berries upgrade? Why do you always have the morning star when you could have another card if not used/according to the MU? Why 2 dogs in fort and not 4 rifle riders / 4 axe riders or the cheaper cav? vs rush civs you might need more infantry after the 700w or send the infantry directly or the funny 3 grizzly bears which units have no counter against. Maybe 9 clubs? Also 4 dogs isn't that great of a industrial shipment' 8 axe 18 wakina 16 wakina 7 rifle rider seem to be better IMO but I rarely lame sioux so I don't know for sho.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by deleted_user0 »

Really depends on the mu. But ye most mu single stable is enough. Actually might only need it in sioux mirror
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by _venox_ »

Even if going colonial?
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

venox wrote:Why the 1k food? where is the 15%/20% food/berries upgrade? Why do you always have the morning star when you could have another card if not used/according to the MU? Why 2 dogs in fort and not 4 rifle riders / 4 axe riders or the cheaper cav? vs rush civs you might need more infantry after the 700w or send the infantry directly or the funny 3 grizzly bears which units have no counter against. Maybe 9 clubs? Also 4 dogs isn''t that great of a industrial shipment' 8 axe 18 wakina 16 wakina 7 rifle rider seem to be better IMO but I rarely lame sioux so I don''t know for sho.
1k food is very useful for the big button, especially on a low-hunt map.
I don''t like Spice Trade, simply because by the time you''re going to send it you''ve already sent 4 shipments so your hunts will be out. It''s better to send 15 bison in this scenario.
I actually gave the wrong deck here (whoops), I made these screenshots a while ago for a friend. I don''t have morning star in my deck anymore. I put it in there in the hopes that it would become useful one day, but it has never been useful. I personally think 6 cetans, 9 clubs and 3 grizzly bears are terrible cards, but if you like them you can put them in I guess.
I think you are kinda underestimating the 4 dogs shipment. First of all, dog soldiers can only be shipped. (and trained from firepit, but this method is too slow and too expensive to work in supremacy.) You can make 8 axe easily, but you can''t easily make 4 dogs. Also note that a dog soldier''s stats increase by every age. (825 hp, 42 attack in age IV)

I updated the decks.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by _venox_ »

I ment the discovery food upgrade for berries but ok the food for BB makes sense but still, dogs are more tanky than they do damage (they still do damage but not that much higher than they have higher hitpoints, if you get what i mean) and dogs only won't win, need more army to do most of the damage while dogs tank IMO
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by _venox_ »

water decks pls??
France iNcog
Ninja

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by iNcog »

wow you really updated the OP bramboy, nice

sorry about yesterday evening btw, i watching smackdown and fell asleepe
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by _venox_ »

also anybody has idea how sioux might win on texas? I guess either semi or a ff with a timing attack early (not to let other wall in)
France iNcog
Ninja

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by iNcog »

texas is such a bad map i'm not even sure if it's worth thinking about
Garja wrote:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

venox wrote:also anybody has idea how sioux might win on texas? I guess either semi or a ff with a timing attack early (not to let other wall in)
If they wall just take (both) tp routes and drop tcs. Also I don''t play water as sioux, so I don''t have any water decks. If you scout a dock you can start 700w and train canoes, but I prefer going for a semi-ff and going for land economy.
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by divine_moon »

bramboy wrote:
venox wrote:also anybody has idea how sioux might win on texas? I guess either semi or a ff with a timing attack early (not to let other wall in)
If they wall just take (both) tp routes and drop tcs. Also I dont play water as sioux, so I dont have any water decks. If you scout a dock you can start 700w and train canoes, but I prefer going for a semi-ff and going for land economy.
Texas has NO water Mr_bramboy, but 2 towers &' a rax i think for free for base defence....
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

divinemoon wrote:
bramboy wrote:If they wall just take (both) tp routes and drop tcs. Also I dont play water as sioux, so I dont have any water decks. If you scout a dock you can start 700w and train canoes, but I prefer going for a semi-ff and going for land economy.
Texas has NO water Mr_bramboy, but 2 towers &' a rax i think for free for base defence....

I was referring to thisAlso thanks incog :)
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by divine_moon »

bramboy wrote:
divinemoon wrote:Texas has NO water Mr_bramboy, but 2 towers &' a rax i think for free for base defence....

I was referring to thisAlso thanks incog :)
my bad sir, i apologize i thought u were talking texas (facepalm)
Talking water decks i had a nightmare with a brit player who went all water as sioux...

once they get the big ships afloat its impossible to take them down....( the ships) :mean:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Here's a French vs Sioux gameplay if anyone is interested. This game was played on stream, but unfortunately there's no recorded game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r4yaeYzSbg
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

bramboy wrote:Here''s a French vs Sioux gameplay if anyone is interested. This game was played on stream, but unfortunately there''s no recorded game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7r4yaeYzSbg
Wp ')
China fei123456
Jaeger

Sioux Mini-Guide

Post by fei123456 »

if you have wood crate or wood treasure its better to build a market for hunting dogs earlier. vs otto, tp is better.
400w for a stable and a tp is better than 2 stables.
vs port: try to kill his fortress tc wagon.
vs dutch: mass br, sending 4ar 2dog 7club. 5br semi is not a wise plan.
vs fre/germ: if you scout him 2 rax start, send 700w for war hut and firepit and some cetan bow.
vs brit: usually i semd 700g 700w for a straight ff. i dont wanna stay in age2 with him.
vs spain: build war hut and a tp when you reach age 2. send 700g and age up fast. then mass wakina and send 5rr 4rr 3 dog. or just mass br in age 2 and DONT age up.
vs otto: try to get some wood for a tp in age 1. age up fast, send 4 ar to kill his fb vill then raid. then 6 cetan or 700g for mass br.
vs aztec: usually i start with warhut, train cetan and clubs.
mirror: shit
vs iro: the same with otto. if iro dont have an all-in, send 700w for some cetan.
vs china: club rush, 4ar 7club 2dog. or semiff. tpboom is great against china ff. and try to siege his base with siege dance when he tends to attack: china has tons of shit, but you run fast lol.
vs japan: war hut start against a 300w rush. and if he has a shrine boom, just ff. build tp, mass ar and wakina, send 9club 3dog 5rr 4rr AND use tc big button at about 11-12 min. then all-in.
vs india: gg u big lamer noob suck /'"@#"