Best Counter to British?

Japan EmoCelestia
Musketeer

Best Counter to British?

Post by EmoCelestia »

I feel like im comfortable with any match up except vs british, I dont even mind fighting iro lame or otto lame.. help??
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: Best Counter to British?

Post by deleted_user »

On RE? I'd say Germany, probably. That might be the only one besides iro/otto. Probably India and, well, let me throw Spain in there as well, too. Spain does well against Brit. RE Spain not too gud though compared to EP. Perhaps France. RE maps are the biggest hindrance to brits so early aggression and map control probably work best vs them. On EP I'd say Russia, Spain, India really. Maybe ports. Brits don't have a lot of counters. They are very much so a versatile civ.

Edit: The PR 35+ have shown up. Refer below for proper advice and disregard the above.
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

Brits are pretty well rounded but a slow starter. Russia's a great counter, or any civ that can apply age 2 pressure.

Few civs can compete economically with a full on manor boom.

I also just lost a Brit game I feel like I played pretty well in to Japan lol. And come to think of it Britain's slow start can make them worse against Japan's boom.

Edit- Brits are also hunt dependent. If you can sit on their hunts and/or get a Brit player on a low hunt map they're at a big disadvantage
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

CurassierAndCurassier wrote:Brits are pretty well rounded but a slow starter. Russia's a great counter, or any civ that can apply age 2 pressure.

I also just lost a Brit game I feel like I played pretty well in to Japan lol. And come to think of it Britain's slow start can make them worse against Japan's boom.

Edit- Brits are also hunt dependent. If you can sit on their hunts and/or get a Brit player on a low hunt map they're at a big disadvantage

Nah, Brits have a very fast start. They age up quicker than most Euro civs and have a good economy thanks to manor houses. They can outmass Japan super hard early. I've always had tremendous success with 700w 600w (5v?) 700g forward base making 10 pike into full longbow into adding huss.
Japan EmoCelestia
Musketeer

Post by EmoCelestia »

Thank you for help, will do some aoe science
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I agree with Callen. Brit's aren't really slow at all. They're all around a solid civ.

If they had any weaknesses it would be their reliance on natural resources, more so than most other civs anyway. Most civs' economic bonuses generate economic advantages without natural resources (e.g. Japanese shrines, Dutch banks, German/Spain/India better shipments, Otto free vills, etc.) or have an easier way of securing nearby resources with stronger vills (France) or easy garrison points (Chinese villages).

Brits, on the other hand, just have more vills than other civs from their economic bonus, and their economy comes purely from gathered resources. So their villagers will often be exposed—especially on low-resource maps—and even if they do have some extra line of sight from manor houses, it's not always so easy to defend them.

The most effective way to play against British then, in my opinion, is to control the resources. Try to keep places with lots of resources (hunts especially) under control or at least make him have to fight for it. You can do this either with a Colonial contain or a strong early Fortress army. British also has a hard time aging because they don't have the fast age up politician, so your early Fortress should be stronger than theirs if they try to follow you into Fortress.

What civs do you prefer to play? Maybe we can give you a plan for those civs.
Japan EmoCelestia
Musketeer

Post by EmoCelestia »

I tend to stick around Aztec, Japan, Sioux, and French
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

deleted_user wrote:On RE? I'd say Germany, probably. That might be the only one besides iro/otto. Perhaps India and, well, let me throw Spain in there as well, too. Spain does well against Brit. Mayyyyyybe France. RE maps are the biggest hindrance to brits so early aggression and map control probably work best vs them. On EP I'd say Russia and Spain, really. Maybe ports. Brits don't have a lot of counters. They are very much so a versatile civ.

No way ger is a counter to brits. Brits are one of germany's hardest match ups. Imo it's slightly ger favoured on re but not by much.
France deals with brits much better than ger does. Outside of iro and otto I'd say on re india is brits' hardest counter. On ep, brits beat ports and spain imo (not as hard as they do on re but still). I think they just lose to russia and otto though
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

On EP, russia, otto, azzy and india beat Brits IMO. France can do decently against them, as well as ports, but they are not really a counter civ.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kaiserklein wrote:
deleted_user wrote:On RE? I'd say Germany, probably. That might be the only one besides iro/otto. Perhaps India and, well, let me throw Spain in there as well, too. Spain does well against Brit. Mayyyyyybe France. RE maps are the biggest hindrance to brits so early aggression and map control probably work best vs them. On EP I'd say Russia and Spain, really. Maybe ports. Brits don't have a lot of counters. They are very much so a versatile civ.

No way ger is a counter to brits. Brits are one of germany's hardest match ups. Imo it's slightly ger favoured on re but not by much.
France deals with brits much better than ger does. Outside of iro and otto I'd say on re india is brits' hardest counter. On ep, brits beat ports and spain imo (not as hard as they do on re but still). I think they just lose to russia and otto though

Ger is pure OP on RE. Brits can't deal with the absurd amount of uhlans Ger can mass early fortress combined with 8 skirms. It's just too much stuff. France doesn't snowball that quickly in early fortress.
Japan EmoCelestia
Musketeer

Post by EmoCelestia »

@sircallen so when i hit age 3 with ger, should i send uhland then skirm and push or?
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

deleted_user wrote:
CurassierAndCurassier wrote:Brits are pretty well rounded but a slow starter. Russia's a great counter, or any civ that can apply age 2 pressure.

Nah, Brits have a very fast start. They age up quicker than most Euro civs and have a good economy thanks to manor houses. They can outmass Japan super hard early. I've always had tremendous success with 700w 600w (5v?) 700g forward base making 10 pike into full longbow into adding huss.

I play musk/husk with some bows mixed in. I can see how bow/pike is faster though
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Personally I find Brits does fine vs Germany. But that's just me.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Yeah I rescind any and all remarks I've made about the way aoe plays; I am not of a high enough caliber to be able to accurately make such claims.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

deleted_user wrote:Ger is pure OP on RE. Brits can't deal with the absurd amount of uhlans Ger can mass early fortress combined with 8 skirms. It's just too much stuff. France doesn't snowball that quickly in early fortress.

Pure OP ? I don't see how ger would be pure OP on shit maps, civs who get free mapcontrol like azzy are much more favoured here. It's a strong civ but on shit maps it's just not very good. If you're talking about re with ep maps, then I can understand better, because ger is tier 2 (probs along with france and china ?), if you consider that otto and iro are the tier 1.
I remember when I played vs Mitoe's brits on the previous release of ep (which was same as RE with ep maps for this match up). I mostly lost, much more than in most other match ups, and his brits were not even really good back then. People just keep underrating brits all the time. Brits can pressure germany in colonial and force some reaction with bows and/or mm, and destroy TP. Most civs can do that but not with as good an eco behind it as brits have. Also not sure why uhlans should be a problem for brits, they have some of the best anti cav in both colo and fortress. The real problem for brits in this mu is to find the balanced 3 units composition if they stay colo, because if they make only musk/cav then ww spam with good kiting is unbeatable, and if they make too many lbs to counter wws then they can lose to the uhlan mass.
France is definitely much better at fighting brits, for a lot of reasons. First they get musks in colo which means they can musks semi to defend the tp line while aging up, which is much scarier than an uhlan semi. Then once upon age up they got falcs, which is a real threat for colonial brit (kinda force them to age I guess, while they can stay colo vs ger). And then ofc goons are much better than wws, and also, unlike germany, france scales really well, which means that even if brits somehow manage to hold the fortress push, they might still lose in mid late game because of this. And last but not least, when the map starts to run out of food, it's almost impossible to push french hunts because they have their cdbs with their army. So you're most likely going to lose the fight for control of the food here. Only on ep, brits beat france because of the nerfs
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

i thought it was aizamk lol
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Kaiserklein wrote:
deleted_user wrote:Ger is pure OP on RE. Brits can't deal with the absurd amount of uhlans Ger can mass early fortress combined with 8 skirms. It's just too much stuff. France doesn't snowball that quickly in early fortress.

Pure OP ? I don't see how ger would be pure OP on shit maps, civs who get free mapcontrol like azzy are much more favoured here. It's a strong civ but on shit maps it's just not very good. If you're talking about re with ep maps, then I can understand better, because ger is tier 2 (probs along with france and china ?), if you consider that otto and iro are the tier 1.
I remember when I played vs Mitoe's brits on the previous release of ep (which was same as RE with ep maps for this match up). I mostly lost, much more than in most other match ups, and his brits were not even really good back then. People just keep underrating brits all the time. Brits can pressure germany in colonial and force some reaction with bows and/or mm, and destroy TP. Most civs can do that but not with as good an eco behind it as brits have. Also not sure why uhlans should be a problem for brits, they have some of the best anti cav in both colo and fortress. The real problem for brits in this mu is to find the balanced 3 units composition if they stay colo, because if they make only musk/cav then ww spam with good kiting is unbeatable, and if they make too many lbs to counter wws then they can lose to the uhlan mass.
France is definitely much better at fighting brits, for a lot of reasons. First they get musks in colo which means they can musks semi to defend the tp line while aging up, which is much scarier than an uhlan semi. Then once upon age up they got falcs, which is a real threat for colonial brit (kinda force them to age I guess, while they can stay colo vs ger). And then ofc goons are much better than wws, and also, unlike germany, france scales really well, which means that even if brits somehow manage to hold the fortress push, they might still lose in mid late game because of this. And last but not least, when the map starts to run out of food, it's almost impossible to push french hunts because they have their cdbs with their army. So you're most likely going to lose the fight for control of the food here. Only on ep, brits beat france because of the nerfs

deleted_user wrote:Yeah I rescind any and all remarks I've made about the way aoe plays; I am not of a high enough caliber to be able to accurately make such claims.

Basically gonna stop poking my head in threads like these.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Low res maps and India
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

Kaiserklein wrote:

Damn, well said Kaiser :love:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

:love: :love: :love: :love: DAMN :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: WELL :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: SAID :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: KAISER :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

deleted_user wrote::love: :love: :love: :love: DAMN :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: WELL :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: SAID :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: KAISER :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

mods wtf..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Don't fight for my nuts guys, there's one for each
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

sirmusket wrote:mods wtf..

They love me here it's ok
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

"Sir Callen and Sir Musket, what you fighting for?"
"DEEZ NUTS"
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

india, france, iro, otto, maybe russia I think its brit favoured by a bit but russia on some maps can win this for sure