German Dopple Rush

Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

German Dopple Rush

Post by milku3459 »

Yes I know all the PR 30+ will cringe, but how to dopple rush?
I did it on a Portuguese 1st LT randomly and he lost his TC...then I followed him into the next age and killed him with shipments. The only part of the game I wasn't proud of was my early rush. I managed to get a decent number of dopples out, but I missed batches a few times. What should I do?

The aim is leverage the OP 9xbow+2uhlan shipment and high siege dopples to blitz down stuff quickly.
2SW, age up with 17 vills and 400 wood, build barracks upon aging up with most vills on gold, build houses with 400 wood, send 9xbow.
What should be my card order and agenda next? During that game, I stopped being so aggressive and tried to fix my economy after I took down his second TC; after which card should I scale down aggression next time? Market or TP in Age I, or none at all?

I Portugal-Boneng-FI-ed this captain who played Brits and did not touch me most of the game. I 10/10ed a 1st LT with Portugal and won. My favourite troll strategy is Dutch gren rush. My point is that I am playing on Vanilla against unfortunate LTs who don't watch streams and live in the AOE3 stone age, getting skill off of experience only--if I do weird stuff they just flip. No flame for dopple rush plz kaiser and diarouga thanks! :biggrin:
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Re: German Dopple Rush

Post by sdsanft »

For nilla, Spain is so strong that they can go for colo play and still be close to top tier. Pretty fun to micro rods, musk, huss imo.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

wake up boy, it is 8 xbow now
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

For nilla, Spain is so strong that they can go for colo play and still be close to top tier. Pretty fun to micro rods, musk, huss imo.

That strat was my go to when I was PR 18-19. It got me up to LT so fast!

wake up boy, it is 8 xbow now

nope this is vanilla not ESOC patch or TAD
zhen de shi jiu ge nu ren
mods plz no remove is chinese for no it's really 9 xbows I didn't use google translate
Vietnam duckzilla
Jaeger

Post by duckzilla »

Doppels are more of a fun unit than a real one for rush purposes imo. They cost 200 resources compared to 80 of a pikeman. At the same time, the pikeman has both more than half dmg to buildings(32?vs60)/cavalry(40?vs60?) and more than half HP (120vs230) compared to doppels. On top, pikes are faster by 0.5.
Further, doppels and pikes benefit from the same unit combat cards and arsenal upgrades. So for me the real question, besides the fact that there is no pike shipment, is: What can doppels do that pikemen cannot?

(In lategame there are reasons for the doppel to be a nice unit. Having a 30-40 high siege dmg units with 5,75 speed to cut through your enemies' walls and kill factories is just awesome ;) )
Whatever is written above: this is no financial advice.

Beati pauperes spiritu.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well it depends on what you call a "rush". What I usually do is the standard 3 sw 700w start, with TP + market + hunt dogs + placer mines (you get those in early age 1 or in transition) and 125w banked. From 400w age up + 125w you get first a rax then 3 houses, and just put SW on coin and vils on food, and you should be able to get a 5 dops batch out slightly before 6 min. That's not hard rush but it's early pressure. I honestly don't really see another why to make dops anyway, because if you ship 3 dops first then I'm pretty sure you will get only a batch of 4 dops out (because even with 3 sw, getting 5 dops out is pretty hard), so you rush with 7 dops instead of 5, and delay all good shipments (3 sw, 700w, 700g) by a shipment. Not very good if you ask me.

duckzilla wrote:Doppels are more of a fun unit than a real one for rush purposes imo. They cost 200 resources compared to 80 of a pikeman. At the same time, the pikeman has both more than half dmg to buildings(32?vs60)/cavalry(40?vs60?) and more than half HP (120vs230) compared to doppels. On top, pikes are faster by 0.5.
Further, doppels and pikes benefit from the same unit combat cards and arsenal upgrades. So for me the real question, besides the fact that there is no pike shipment, is: What can doppels do that pikemen cannot?

(In lategame there are reasons for the doppel to be a nice unit. Having a 30-40 high siege dmg units with 5,75 speed to cut through your enemies' walls and kill factories is just awesome ;) )

There are a lot of situation where dops are better than pikemen. The only 2 situations where pikemen are actually better is when you only want to siege buildings (pikemen indeed have slightly better siege) or when you bow/pike rush (if you tower rush you don't have the eco to get dops early so you need to make pikes, or if you use wood crates to spam from double rax then pikes become really cheap and can be spammed).
Other than that : dops are actually a useful unit in fights against anything they can reach. If dops get in melee against musketeers, crossbows, or w/e infantry, they will do (very) good damage, mainly because of the area effect. Pikes on the other hand are essentially useless against any unit but cav. Well, they can still tank in cover mode, but dops can more or less do that as well. Colonial dop/cav is an option for germany, because it's a good unit combo. Cav/pike would just be terrible. If you play against russia for example, a bow/dop/cav timing is much scarier than bow/pike cav timing because dops can actually kill strel+ruskets, while pikes can basically only siege and scare cav away.
By the way, pikemen cost wood (slowest resource to gather), so you can't really say they cost 80 resources compared to 200 for doppels. I think it's closer to half cost for the pike (too lazy to do the maths though).
Oh and last thing, dops are just a much better anti cav than pikes. Pikes are not a very good anti cav, they do their job but don't shit that much on cav. For example you can catch 5 pikes sieging a TP with 7 uhlans np. However if you instead have, say, 2 dops, trying to fight with 7 uhlans isn't even worth. You're just going to lose like 4 uhlans or something and get a bad trade.

People just underrate dops too much. You guys would need to tower rush a bit more. When you do, you know how strong dops are once in melee, vs more or less anything. Just pop 3 dops from your tower when it's getting sieged, and laugh. Try to do the same with 8 pikes on infantry and tell me how it went
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

Dops are like Age II ronin--they murder everything in melee, the problem being that they don't get in to melee easily. I like rushing with them becos cover mode dopps don't crumple as fast under TC and MM fire
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Kaiserklein wrote: For example you can catch 5 pikes sieging a TP with 7 uhlans np. However if you instead have, say, 2 dops, trying to fight with 7 uhlans isn't even worth. You're just going to lose like 4 uhlans or something and get a bad trade.

once someone tried to catch my 5dopp with 10 huss... it wasant pretty.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yeah that's what I mean, you can catch 10 pikes with 10 huss, or 10 musks, and even if it might not be a good trade to do that, you will still win the fight. Vs 5 dops don't even dream about it
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

@EAGLEMUT , share some insights!
rec/rekt:
viewtopic.php?f=137&t=5683