how to beat a chinese rush?

No Flag mamapapaisop
Skirmisher

Post by mamapapaisop »

Lately if ve played some games as french and otto against some1 playin chinese.. i ecpected him to ff but he rushed me with natives and pikes.. he choose the native post where u can train ratan shields on silkroad.. however he rushed me and i had no idea how to deal with it.. what shall i do ?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

muskhuss > cavpike(bow)
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Lol, so easy to hold.
No Flag mamapapaisop
Skirmisher

Post by mamapapaisop »

Ye since im a noob compared to you guys it wasn t easy for me.. he was easily able to spam way faster than me and i tried tp hit and run but his units were way faster.. he also was able to keep me of rescources easily.. so musk huss should work? What is the card order for french then 3cdb/700w/3husor700g?
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

3cdb/700w/4cdb/8 crossbowmen and push right in the ?
No Flag mamapapaisop
Skirmisher

Post by mamapapaisop »

garjafan wrote:make 6 layers of wall and u win

First card stronger walls then tho
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Please be nice to low players too, we were all once noobs and most of us still are. ^_^
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Post by Marco1698 »

incog wrote:Please be nice to low players too, we were all once noobs and most of us still are. ^_^
Grunt wasn''t a noob since he just log for 1? time. Btw china mass is good, so it''s hard for you to hold the rush. Just go musk huss as french ye. As otto, i think you don''t need that civ to hold a chinese rush. Otto iro russian have rush more dangerous than chinese rush.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

Post by _venox_ »

500f for op flamethrower in china mirror
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

lol, since when they cost food?
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Post by _venox_ »

500f for 8 chukonu + flamethrower...
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Post by _venox_ »

aka mandarin army
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

marco1698 wrote:
incog wrote:Please be nice to low players too, we were all once noobs and most of us still are. ^_^
Grunt wasnt a noob since he just log for 1? time. Btw china mass is good, so its hard for you to hold the rush. Just go musk huss as french ye. As otto, i think you dont need that civ to hold a chinese rush. Otto iro russian have rush more dangerous than chinese rush.

never heard chinese "Rush" is hard to hold for fre lols
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag jsimons1289
Dragoon

Post by jsimons1289 »

Guys all people from the community use this site, let's try to be constructive with the comments. This player is clearly having some problems with a China rush.

Generally with France collect 125w in age up to age 2, once you have the 125w your split of villagers should be 7 food 7 gold (depending on treasures you get you may need more on food). You should get a market age 1 if you age with 14 vills and get hunting dogs, and in age up you need to get placer mines too (so 200w in transition in total, but you send placer mines whilst aging). The 125w can then be used for steel traps on age up, 400w from age up for a stable and a rax, and ship wood for your population / second rax.

The thing with China is that they have a decent composition - effectively you're forced to make more than one unit type. If you struggle with the micro (e.g. your huss die too easily to their pike), then you may want to adapt the build to make 2x rax with your 400w from age up. You could go xbow / musk as this will save you some of the possible micro problems you may be having.

Best thing to do is upload some recs. I don't mind taking a look and giving you a few tips if you like.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Against real rush you can just skip steel traps for a little bit and build a house with it' you still have the option to get later on (though map dependent).
With the 50 pop you are able to lose a house/faster/saver 8xbow out.
Also the 125 coin still does matter.
It's dependent of the rush.
If it's a 700w/600w rush do it imo.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

yemshi wrote:Against real rush you can just skip steel traps for a little bit and build a house with it' you still have the option to get later on (though map dependent).
With the 50 pop you are able to lose a house/faster/saver 8xbow out.
Also the 125 coin still does matter.
It''s dependent of the rush.
If it''s a 700w/600w rush do it imo.
Come on we''re talking about china''s rush not a real rush.
Watch the 1st game between erik and snsjack, erik won with a musk/huss vs a rush.[div][div]
[/div][/div]
No Flag jsimons1289
Dragoon

Post by jsimons1289 »

I don't think you need to skip the steel traps. You can still get max units out and it helps your eco. You don't gain anything by skipping it.

Lower level players can work on their early building placement, card order and villager distribution. This is always standard up to at least the first batch of units. Thereafter it can change depending on what civ you're playing and the strat you're playing against.

Yes if you're PR 40+ then a musk huss defence is fine. If you're PR 22 this is not as easy. Stop thinking that everyone can play this game as a high level player, and help players make step change improvements in their game, rather than asking them to do something that the best players do straight away.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah

Post by _venox_ »

more limes
No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

Post by bugattivitesse »

The China rushes i have played against usually die if you can get your mass out faster than theirs and be aggressive. Kill their batches 1 at a time. I find that as Russia, the 5 and 4 cossack shipments will wreck anything China has out at that time.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I've played this guy before to try to get some free 1v1 elo. He always plays on silk road so the options for natives are ratten shield or charim. If its ratten shield all you have to as french is make 5 musk, send 8 xbow and you win. If its charim its a little bit harder because they are pretty efficent against infantry. I would suggest sending 3 hussar, using some musk and tc fire or minutemen to focus down pike then just use three hussar to kill charim. Then make a few more hussar and spam musk. Not to hard to stop if you know how.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I am impressed, Mortalru. Ottomans and French having a hard time holding against a Chinese rush is quite the accomplishment.