Caballeros

Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Caballeros

Post by milku3459 »

My go to strategy when I was a MS was Spain FF (because this is vanilla, I apologise). I used to always send Caballeros soon after aging as it allows my lancers to pretty much one hit KO colonial infantry. As I got better though, I started doing that less and less as thought I could be better off sending 1000 wood or 5 lancers earlier. Then I stopped doing the FF and switched over to Spain musk/rod rush to get me to 2nd LT. Now I'm 1st LT and this guy tried an FF on me and I'm curious--is there a 1v1 BO that incorporates Caballeros? Is it even a viable card to send? Bear in mind that this is Vanilla Spain where things like 5+4 lancers are available and TPs are 250 wood. What would be a good BO to get lancers out quickly in team games? Thanks!
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Re: Caballeros

Post by Darwin_ »

It is fine, but I think you are better off shipping units in 1v1. In team you could do like 3v, 700c, 700w, 5v, 5 lancer/1k coin, cav combat, cabelleros or smth like that and do a rod/lancer spam.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Can I come play nilla team with you guys sometime, I actually kind of miss 3v3 GP (sooooooo much better than 3v3 Deccan all random, lmao). Btw do you know CannedBabySouls or Dustin1by1? I use to play team with them a lot back on nilla bills and they're in the 1lt range iirc.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I don't think anyone else is like this, but I wouldn't have any cav cards in my deck. Rod combat and refrigeration are much much more important, as you should never have more than 10-15 lancers in your army at any time imo. But if you do have it, DEFINITELY don't send it as one of your first few cards.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Thanks Ovi!
@sdsanft sure I've seen CannedBabySouls on before, but I'm not his friend...
I should be on about 2GMT on Wednesday
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

milku3459 wrote:Thanks Ovi!
@sdsanft sure I've seen CannedBabySouls on before, but I'm not his friend...
I should be on about 2GMT on Wednesday

Is that when you're usually on?

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

This card probs works in some match ups (like vs otto) but you would ship pretty late, after a lot of units and 1000w I guess
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

milku3459 wrote:Bear in mind that this is Vanilla Spain where things like 5+4 lancers are available and TPs are 250 wood. What would be a good BO to get lancers out quickly in team games? Thanks!

EP? :hmm:
ovi12 wrote:I don't think anyone else is like this, but I wouldn't have any cav cards in my deck. Rod combat and refrigeration are much much more important, as you should never have more than 10-15 lancers in your army at any time imo. But if you do have it, DEFINITELY don't send it as one of your first few cards.

Could you elaborate a bit? It seems like a really nice boost actually, refrigeration is a different type of card, for which you should not opt for when picking Spain, especially while performing an aggressive FF IMO.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

pecelot wrote:Could you elaborate a bit? It seems like a really nice boost actually, refrigeration is a different type of card, for which you should not opt for when picking Spain, especially while performing an aggressive FF IMO.

Well you wouldn't want to send caballeros for your 5 lancers when doing an agressive ff either. I have 10 pike, but some people have refrigeration. Maybe I would have caballeros (tho tbh I would prefer cav combat anyway) if I made many lancers, but like I said before it's bad to make more than like 10-12 lancers; they do very well vs infantry so you really don't need more than that to kill all the skirms fast. What you do need is skirms and (mostly) rods to keep the goons away while the lancers are raping the skirms. If they don't have musks, your skirms are really only there to make sure that the enemy doesn't come out of his base only with the goons and hit and run you forever.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Yeah, I guess that makes sense. I would see it being a viable option if you shipped 5 + 4 lancers and made 5 more against infantry-heavy compositions, but yeah, it's pretty situational and you're right that regular cav is better than such an anti-infantry overkill.
That said, I'd still keep it :P