Russia Matchups RE

Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Russia Matchups RE

Post by CelticCrusader »

Which matchups are favoured and which are bad for Russia on re?

At the moment I am finding Germany and France tough match ups, are these considered tough for Russia, or am I doing something wrong ?
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Re: Russia Matchups RE

Post by Challenger_Marco »

CelticCrusader wrote:Which matchups are favoured and which are bad for Russia on re?

At the moment I am finding Germany and France tough match ups, are these considered tough for Russia, or am I doing something wrong ?

Yes they are considered tough for Russia.
:nwc:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Well, germany is tough for sure, france too but KingRichard's BO on a shitty re map will kill any semi ff effort they do
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

@tedere12 who's kingrichard and what his is BO? May I know PLS?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Challenger_Marco wrote:@tedere12 who's kingrichard and what his is BO? May I know PLS?

KingRichardIIII a russia player on eso, he ages up with 500f ships 300w first for houses and spams musketeers while shipping cossacks and having constant vill production
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

tedere12 wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:@tedere12 who's kingrichard and what his is BO? May I know PLS?

KingRichardIIII a russia player on eso, he ages up with 500f ships 300w first for houses and spams musketeers while shipping cossacks and having constant vill production

Sounds interesting, I will try this out. I usually go standard 400 wood age up. Having to cut vill production to get military early doesn't seem good vs france, their eco is already so good compared to russia already. I was thinking shipping 700 food first might help too.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

Yeah nice strat!Great!
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

So all 300w to 3 houses?what's the macro for this build?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Challenger_Marco wrote:So all 300w to 3 houses?what's the macro for this build?

you have to get 3 houses yes, and gather 250 for block house. 5 vills on coin rest on food. If you find a coin treasure put 4 on coin and when the first 3 vills are trained after age up task 1 of them on coin. Rest go on food. You usually can afford to send 2 military shipments (I prefer cossacks because strelet have inefficient pop, else u can age 400w and its better) before sending 700 wood for 2nd blockhouse, market, stable and houses. You kinda have to force a fight or stay under the tc of the enemy to keep constant military unit/villager production
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

difficult to very difficult on TP maps, close on non-TP maps.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

king richards build is terrible because they stay age 2 and win
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

How is KingRichards build good when I beat it going full swiss pike/uhlan
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Its not good but on maps with no hunts it can be quite good i think.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

On RE, Rus vs. France is fre favoured, but not an auto-win. IMO, it is actually one of the closer matchups on RE if russia plays it right. France will try to go cav heavy musk/huss or semi-ff. If you do 5-4-13 rush or 5-4-700w you can beat them if you can raid effectively. I would queue a batch of vills right when you reach colonial, but cut them until your third batch of musks is out. I havent tried it, but I maybe you could go 5-700w-700c and mix a stable on the 700w and train cossacks as well, using the 700c to fuel cos/musk production.

Germany is a very tough matchup for Russia on RE, as Dopp/uhlan pretty much shits on Russia's composition, even bow/pike doesnt do too shabby IMO. I honestly would just not play Russia against them. However, if you were content on using them, I think that you could do a 13-700w-700f build and try to do musk/strel. That build is not optimal at all for TAD (cause cossacks are better on TAD and strelets worse), but it is okay in Nilla against a few civs. If I remember correctly, you build two houses in transition, and do a market, hunting dogs, placer mines and two houses on 400w. I forget when you cut/train vills tho.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag LordCharlie_131
Skirmisher
ESO: LordCharlie131

Post by LordCharlie_131 »

Darwin_ wrote:Germany is a very tough matchup for Russia on RE, as Dopp/uhlan pretty much shits on Russia's composition, even bow/pike doesnt do too shabby IMO. I honestly would just not play Russia against them. However, if you were content on using them, I think that you could do a 13-700w-700f build and try to do musk/strel. That build is not optimal at all for TAD (cause cossacks are better on TAD and strelets worse), but it is okay in Nilla against a few civs. If I remember correctly, you build two houses in transition, and do a market, hunting dogs, placer mines and two houses on 400w. I forget when you cut/train vills tho.

If kited correctly muskets, even ruskets, should win against dopp/uhlan.

early strel is risky against germany, its only an option if he does 2x rax.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

LordCharlie_131 wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Germany is a very tough matchup for Russia on RE, as Dopp/uhlan pretty much shits on Russia's composition, even bow/pike doesnt do too shabby IMO. I honestly would just not play Russia against them. However, if you were content on using them, I think that you could do a 13-700w-700f build and try to do musk/strel. That build is not optimal at all for TAD (cause cossacks are better on TAD and strelets worse), but it is okay in Nilla against a few civs. If I remember correctly, you build two houses in transition, and do a market, hunting dogs, placer mines and two houses on 400w. I forget when you cut/train vills tho.

If kited correctly muskets, even ruskets, should win against dopp/uhlan.

early strel is risky against germany, its only an option if he does 2x rax.

Ruskets just dont do too well against cav, so the Uhlans can snare while the dopps walk up. Once they get there, they beat any russian unit cost effectively.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

They don't beat them cost effectively for sure. But ye if you win a battle decisively you may just win the game from there.
Image Image Image
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

I've been successfully using KingRichard's build vs Brits so far. But Brits aren't the hardest civ to beat anyway, especially on RE maps
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

tedere12 wrote:KingRichardIIII a russia player on eso, he ages up with 500f ships 300w first for houses and spams musketeers while shipping cossacks and having constant vill production

Not really, from what I've seen, and I can claim I've seen quite a lot from him.
Also: http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/pla ... ichardiiii

sirmusket wrote:How is KingRichards build good when I beat it going full swiss pike/uhlan

hehe, care to elaborate? How are you gonna get there? :flowers:

Darwin_ wrote:France will try to go cav heavy musk/huss or semi-ff.

Rather the latter, you can get easily outmassed by Russ and they have strelets. Sometime could be viable, something like xbows+huss or even later skirms+huss could be viable, but I think it's a riskier option.

Darwin_ wrote:Germany is a very tough matchup for Russia on RE, as Dopp/uhlan pretty much shits on Russia's composition, even bow/pike doesnt do too shabby IMO.

Just a side note, it's uhlan+bow+some pikes ^_^

LordCharlie_131 wrote:If kited correctly muskets, even ruskets, should win against dopp/uhlan.

I don't really think so, if I have to be entirely honest... :hmm:

Challenger_Marco wrote:Yeah nice strat!Great!

That's not the best choice as the Russians, it's widely considered cheese and rather all-in.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

You shouldn't dop cav vs russia, either you semi ff (bow/pike or cav depending on the map and the patch) or you can try to timing push the bh with bow pike/dop cav. Dop cav alone sounds bad, I don't see pure melee units breaking double bh with strel/musk camping behind. You at least need some bows.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Garja wrote:They don't beat them cost effectively for sure. But ye if you win a battle decisively you may just win the game from there.

They dont? whoops :P
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

pecelot wrote:

Rather the latter, you can get easily outmassed by Russ and they have strelets. Sometime could be viable, something like xbows+huss or even later skirms+huss could be viable, but I think it's a riskier option.

On shit maps (or on ep where france is slower and russia faster) it can be safer to aim for a musk/bow/cav timing than to try to semi ff. It's not the samwise build though, if that's what darwin meant by musk/cav. More like 4 cdbs/700w/600w/700g/8 bows for example, or cut 600w or 700g if you need a faster timing because you have low food in your base.
No reason to go skirm/huss when you have cuirs btw

pecelot wrote:
LordCharlie_131 wrote:If kited correctly muskets, even ruskets, should win against dopp/uhlan.

I don't really think so, if I have to be entirely honest... :hmm:

With equal investment from both sides, ruskets of course win against dop/uhlan
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

pecelot wrote:
tedere12 wrote:KingRichardIIII a russia player on eso, he ages up with 500f ships 300w first for houses and spams musketeers while shipping cossacks and having constant vill production

Not really, from what I've seen, and I can clam I've seen quite a lot from him.
Also: http://aoe3.jpcommunity.com/rating2/pla ... ichardiiii

I have tested this build, it is possible to have constant vill production with too little bh idle time and no idle time at all early on
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

Japan: easy
China: Russia favoured
India: Close but Russia loses
Aztec: On terrible maps you can win the match ups but on 90% of the maps, it's just aztec favoured
Sioux: Close, but again on TP maps it's Sioux favoured
Iro: menu=>resign
Dutch: Russia favoured, even more on no hunt maps
Spain: Very close
Otto: guess :P
France: Fre favoured ofc
Ger: ger favoured ofc
Brit: close on average RE maps
Port: Depends on the map
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Kaiserklein wrote:
pecelot wrote:

On shit maps (or on ep where france is slower and russia faster) it can be safer to aim for a musk/bow/cav timing than to try to semi ff. It's not the samwise build though, if that's what darwin meant by musk/cav. More like 4 cdbs/700w/600w/700g/8 bows for example, or cut 600w or 700g if you need a faster timing because you have low food in your base.
No reason to go skirm/huss when you have cuirs btw

Yeah I wasnt thinking samwise, more just like something like what u said.