Aztec primary wp: xp dance or boost dance?

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Aztec primary wp: xp dance or boost dance?

Post by fei123456 »

what will happen if i use the first war priest to dance to boost unit training, instead of getting extra xp?

compare this:
speed dance: +16% training speed (for all units)
medicine: +15% VILLAGE training speed, an AGE 2 card
yeah medicine is a poor card, but at least it is an colonial card lol.

training a vill cost 25 seconds, and with 1wp boost it becomes 21.55s.
age up with 16p (normal): 10s (opening crates)+25*7=185s, so you can click age 2 at 3:05 (or later).
age up with 17p (boost): 10s+25*2+21.55*5=189.3s, so it's 3:09. nearly the same, but you have an extra vill.
even if you age up with 18p you can still reach age 2 in 4:00 (due to messenger) so it doesnt matter, and you have 2 extra vills now.

yeah with xp dance your 3v card will arrive earlier. assume it's 40s, so 120vs.
but an extra vill will have 120vs in only 2 minutes. ofc the game won't end in 2 minutes lol.

and in age 2? it's a medicine + ALL UNITS BOOST.
assume we age up at 3:50, and do a timing at 7:10. so it's 200 seconds, 8 vills.
and with boost dance, it's 9.28 vills, another extra vill (actually more, as every of your vills come out a bit earlier).
and with faster units and vills you'll get more xp too, which can just catch up with xp dance.
after a timing you can just send 3wp, and boost your training with 4wp, and your boom will be insane!
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Re: Aztec primary wp: xp dance or boost dance?

Post by Diarouga »

xp
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@Couprider you sum up pretty my thoughts 2. I have not measured it in time and vills, like you did, but I have always been curious to why nobody makes fertility dance with war-priest. I wonder how many vills you could have gotten in age 1, if you added 2 more vills to the firepit. Maybe 3 more vills?
If you age up a little slower, but with 20 vills, the transitions to Fortress age should also be more smooth :?:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Couprider wrote:what will happen if i use the first war priest to dance to boost unit training, instead of getting extra xp?

age up with 16p (normal): 10s (opening crates)+25*7=185s, so you can click age 2 at 3:05 (or later).
age up with 17p (boost): 10s+25*2+21.55*5=189.3s, so it's 3:09. nearly the same, but you have an extra vill.
even if you age up with 18p you can still reach age 2 in 4:00 (due to messenger) so it doesnt matter, and you have 2 extra vills now.

but an extra vill will have 120vs in only 2 minutes. ofc the game won't end in 2 minutes lol.

Ok so you are down -100f, 120VS(basically you are now down 200f and since native civs already struggle to age on time due to -1vill you are going to have to age with 18 for sure) and 200xp(like half a shipment at that point in the game) all to get 1 extra vill. Definitely not worth it.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

You can do 16/20 age up with xp dance. Or xp+fertility and 17/20 or full fertility and 18/20, 19/20. Fertility is more old school and will lead to slower age up. Xp is considered more valuable recently and should always grant a 3.30-3.45 age up.
Image Image Image
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Pretty sure faster shipments > 1-2 extra vills.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Couprider wrote:what will happen if i use the first war priest to dance to boost unit training, instead of getting extra xp?

Ok so you are down -100f, 120VS(basically you are now down 200f and since native civs already struggle to age on time due to -1vill you are going to have to age with 18 for sure) and 200xp(like half a shipment at that point in the game) all to get 1 extra vill. Definitely not worth it.

1. why -100f/-200f? so, if i don't train any vils, do i saved 600f?
2. this MAY make your shipments a bit slow. however, on treasure-rich maps, with warchief aura and unit training and fighting, you can still send shipments one by one. and if you dance for xp in this situation, you will have "too many xp", and have 1.5 or even 2 shpments queueing in homecity: however, you still need 40s for each, and a shipment in homecity is not a shipment.
3. it's actually not "an extra vill", it means every of your vills come out a bit earlier. you 1st vill is 3.5s earlier, and 2nd 7s earlier, 3rd 10.5s earlier...
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

Garja wrote:You can do 16/20 age up with xp dance. Or xp+fertility and 17/20 or full fertility and 18/20, 19/20. Fertility is more old school and will lead to slower age up. Xp is more considered more valuable recently and should always grant a 3.30-3.45 age up.

i know xp is gererally better, but to aztec you sometimes get "too much" xp: your shipment has not arrived yet, and you have xp for the next xp. but shipment in queue is not a shipment. and, you can't really push push push whenever your shipment arrives, so a few seconds won't hurt you too much.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

xp for sure lol
Howdah

Couprider wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:

1. why -100f/-200f? so, if i don't train any vils, do i saved 600f?
2. this MAY make your shipments a bit slow. however, on treasure-rich maps, with warchief aura and unit training and fighting, you can still send shipments one by one. and if you dance for xp in this situation, you will have "too many xp", and have 1.5 or even 2 shpments queueing in homecity: however, you still need 40s for each, and a shipment in homecity is not a shipment.
3. it's actually not "an extra vill", it means every of your vills come out a bit earlier. you 1st vill is 3.5s earlier, and 2nd 7s earlier, 3rd 10.5s earlier...

1)You are down 100f since you made an extra vill and another 100f down since you got your 3 vills late. I am comparing with a standard ageup. Obviously a vill is worth more than 100f.
2)If you fertility in age 1 and age fast, you won't have back to back shipments in age 2.
3)That is true but will save you 50f: no where near the amount you lost from not having it on xp. Unless you get insane treasures there is no way you can click up at 3 min.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

priest + 2 vills fertilitdance will give you 20 vills and age up less than 4,20 (i made 4,23, but Im sure you guys can do better). So, say 20 vills in about 4 min? Not bad IMO. You pretty much save the first card with 5 vills :!:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Howdah

iwillspankyou wrote:priest + 2 vills fertilitdance will give you 20 vills and age up less than 4,20 (i made 4,23, but Im sure you guys can do better). So, say 20 vills in about 4 min? Not bad IMO. You pretty much save the first card with 5 vills :!:

Well if you age faster you can start making vills again faster so it's not like you gain 5 vills from that(more like 2) and the advantage of having more vills gathering in transition also is less relevant since you are only aging for 30 secs.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Couprider wrote:
Garja wrote:You can do 16/20 age up with xp dance. Or xp+fertility and 17/20 or full fertility and 18/20, 19/20. Fertility is more old school and will lead to slower age up. Xp is more considered more valuable recently and should always grant a 3.30-3.45 age up.

i know xp is gererally better, but to aztec you sometimes get "too much" xp: your shipment has not arrived yet, and you have xp for the next xp. but shipment in queue is not a shipment. and, you can't really push push push whenever your shipment arrives, so a few seconds won't hurt you too much.

If you mind to adapt to the most, when you get an early good xp treasure (70+) you can squeeze the extra vill in age1 by setting the firepit on fertility at 3/4 of the bar before the first shipment. This way you don't delay the first shipment, you partly compensate the amount of xp lost with the treausre (it should be around 110xp actually) and you get the extra vill while aging almost at the same time (probably 5 more seconds with perfect macro).
It is just that doing all of this is a huge hassle on top of all the other already heavy tasking action that Aztecs require in age1.

XP is never too much for Aztecs in the early stages.
Image Image Image
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I believe first shipment requires 500xp, standard xp trickle is 4/sec.
After 94sec of xp dance and vils being made(10xp) you have 500xp.
After 112sec of fert dance and vils being made, you have 500xp.

Doesn't take into account crate gathering or house/firepit building or treasures and guardians