Age 1 card for ports?

Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Re: Age 1 card for ports?

Post by sdsanft »

tedere12 wrote:The war dog card>300w in any case imo. If they fb they lose vills, also they lose explorer and you get all treasures.

Honestly i think war dog is very underrated. You win age 1 so hard plus you have a bunch of extra hp to tank which can definitely help in colonial fights.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

sdsanft wrote:
tedere12 wrote:The war dog card>300w in any case imo. If they fb they lose vills, also they lose explorer and you get all treasures.

Honestly i think war dog is very underrated. You win age 1 so hard plus you have a bunch of extra hp to tank which can definitely help in colonial fights.

Its essentially 1 cav and the explorer can tank a lot more. I agree, it is very underrated, I use it with russia, ports and sometimes dutch.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Sometimes it can be a little bit too late, you don't get it from the very beginning and some treasures may be taken already, especially if you don't get an early TP pass. Still, I think it's a good card and I'd expect that you can actually catch many players off guard with such a dog raiding :P
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

300 wood, cheaper trade post, or economic theory are good options. You could also go for explorer card on maps like Yukon.
Error 404: Signature not found
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

pecelot wrote:Sometimes it can be a little bit too late, you don't get it from the very beginning and some treasures may be taken already, especially if you don't get an early TP pass. Still, I think it's a good card and I'd expect that you can actually catch many players off guard with such a dog raiding :P

Id imagine it can also be very good vs any civ that relies on their explorers especially during transition like Japan or any other civ going for a transition tp.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Post by leaf4 »

Trying to learn a bit of port, if you send ATP , in transition do you get TP + market ups? ( how many tp )
thebritish wrote: AA>going fortress
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

leaf4 wrote:Trying to learn a bit of port, if you send ATP , in transition do you get TP + market ups? ( how many tp )

Get 2-3 tps in transition, stagecoach+market on age up. Build a stable/rax on 700w. You can do market on 700w and do a building on 400w also. Or you can sacrifice a tp and get a market during transition.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Ideally possibly 1 TP at the beginning and then 3 max in transition since you won't be able to put up more of them (assuming the map has like 4/5 sockets) before the age-up, after which you'll get 400w and potentially 700w, so I don't think it's worth the VS.