ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

BO's for specific maps

Post by edeholland »

Hey guys,

as long as the new maps cannot be played rated, the ESO maps will always be played. I am wondering what some civs should do on some maps, where they might not be able to do their more standard play. For example, is sending heavenly kami the best card for japs on Texas or Sonora or other low-hunt maps? Only a few shrines can have 4 animals gathering, and I don't know whether making 10 idle shrines is a good idea. However, what is the alternative? 2 vills? 300 wood?

[span]Also for Ottos, what is the their alternative on non-trade posts map? Is an early church a good idea? It's not a huge XP trickle, but it's something, and you got the wood anyways. Or should you rather save the wood for a racks or market?

I wouldn't know what do to in these situations, and I wonder what your suggestions are. If you have any more map-specific strategies/questions, feel free to leave them here.[/span]
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

BO's for specific maps

Post by Mimsy for President »

With Japan on Texas you can also send Sumptuary Laws in order to FI like Buakaw used to do. I think that even without herds around the shrines, Kami is still worth it.

Same goes for the mosquee with Ottomans and if there is water around, I would rather send Schooners.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

BO's for specific maps

Post by deleted_user0 »

Otto on non tp water should schooner first.

My bo for otto on non tp land is usually mosque first with 100w upgrade and market too if i can. In some mus i skip 3 vils in order to crank more units out early with crate ships, because on non tp maps vills come to late to affect ur ageup and dont gether 700res in transition, so for timings its better to save the ship. Jan abus timings are still superstrong, the problem is just u cant reinforce units lost as easily as on tp maps

This is what i always do when i ff or even fi on no tp maps, skip 3v and proceed as normal.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

BO's for specific maps

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

shaolinstar wrote:With Japan on Texas you can also send Sumptuary Laws in order to FI like Buakaw used to do. I think that even without herds around the shrines, Kami is still worth it.

Same goes for the mosquee with Ottomans and if there is water around, I would rather send Schooners.
Buakaw used to send sumptuary laws+kami. Imo just send kami/600w/600g and fi with shrines at home.
India _DB_
Howdah

BO's for specific maps

Post by _DB_ »

What should be specific about build orders on maps like Amazonia or Caribbean with any civ?
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

BO's for specific maps

Post by deleted_user0 »

Delete tc, delete vils, suicide explorer on a tres, leave without saying a word
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

BO's for specific maps

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

subzero wrote:What should be specific about build orders on maps like Amazonia or Caribbean with any civ?
Water boom ofc, also try to raid your opponent''s eco on land.