ESOC Native Analysis

Germany blasdg
Dragoon

ESOC Summer Native Analysis

Post by blasdg »

Actually I think that Nootka on Cascade Range are quite decent as well. They have high HP and nice siege (30 each), I could imagine using them vs slow FFs such as China or as a solution to gay shrine boom.
No Flag Mirari
Musketeer

Post by Mirari »

the 40% berries upgrade looks nice for jap.

Nootka War chief so cool but expensive :/

naive me wants to believe that Udasi rush with Chakrams + Monk HP could work with india or China...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

stubb wrote:the 40% berries upgrade looks nice for jap.

Nootka War chief so cool but expensive :/

naive me wants to believe that Udasi rush with Chakrams + Monk HP could work with india or China...
Does not apply to cherry-berries.
No Flag jkl
Dragoon

Post by jkl »

cree cheaper buildings with japan or brits is good. 56w shrines, and probably even cheaper manors with vc. getting half of the houses with 700w seems good. but the build limits r just too low. 8 apache is bad. having a double build limit for natives would be more viable since u cant go only natives in a 1v1. also, mapuche r good in team, especially with a dutch or otto teammate. skirm/abus + mapuche is hard to beat. they train fast and r cheap with good stats, and on araucania there r like 7 nat tps. navajo age 2 stats r good, and much more effective than age 2 skirms, perhaps even age 3 skirms. 200hp + 13 ranged x 2 r good base stats, and with french upgrades navajo r basically age 4 skirms in age 2/3
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Build limits???
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Re: ESOC Native Analysis

Post by Durokan »

Thread updated to the format of the site we are on now. (guide previously used proboards BB code)
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

quite frankly i think apache are so good that they should be totally viable in a 1v1 i could def see them being used in regular high level games. There stats look great the upgrade in age 3 makes them true villager killing machines. Ill definetly try to incorporate them in one of my builds. I mean they are a far stronger anti cav than zambs. Only drawback is the low building limit but if you want to do an age 2 based strat they should be a wonderful addition for civs that have no acces to goons in age 2
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Re: ESOC Summer Native Analysis

Post by lordraphael »

macacoalbino wrote:I think that seminoles for brit lbow or japs yumi are quite viable too.

seminoles up fro japan is insane it makes yumi even more ridicolous than they currently are. I think with that up yumi can have like 40 attack or more in age 2 which is hilarious
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

lordraphael wrote:quite frankly i think apache are so good that they should be totally viable in a 1v1 i could def see them being used in regular high level games. There stats look great the upgrade in age 3 makes them true villager killing machines. Ill definetly try to incorporate them in one of my builds. I mean they are a far stronger anti cav than zambs. Only drawback is the low building limit but if you want to do an age 2 based strat they should be a wonderful addition for civs that have no acces to goons in age 2

Aren't they essentially a Dragoon clone? In this case, they are slightly worse than a Zamburak per cost.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

lordraphael wrote:
macacoalbino wrote:I think that seminoles for brit lbow or japs yumi are quite viable too.

seminoles up fro japan is insane it makes yumi even more ridicolous than they currently are. I think with that up yumi can have like 40 attack or more in age 2 which is hilarious

abus have 40 attack already
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

ovi12 wrote:
lordraphael wrote:

you wanna nerf yumi's because of seminole upgrade?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

thebritish wrote:
ovi12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yes ofc. Either that or make seminole upgrade available only in age 5
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

ovi12 wrote:
thebritish wrote:
ovi12 wrote:abus have 40 attack already

but, yumi's have low HP, big attack. Also, if the seminole upgrade is in age 5, only treaty noobs will use it.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

thebritish wrote:
ovi12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

but, yumi's have low HP, big attack. Also, if the seminole upgrade is in age 5, only treaty noobs will use it.

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Durokan wrote:
edeholland wrote:Tiger claws are both heavy inf and light inf if I am correct, making them a very weird unit. They are like a coyo/rattan but not 100% the same...idk

[strike]They are Infantry class and function like an urumi without splash damage. I think.[/strike]

Edit: In game they are tagged as the following: Hand Infantry, Light Infantry, Infantry, Native Warrior
They are effective against anything tagged as infantry, ie skirms and archers n stuff. I mixed up my reds and my blues for the multipliers originally

No, they aren't like urumi because they counter light infantry, not HI. In fact, musks put them down fairly easily, especially in melee.

I had a 1st lieut Port troll me on Bayou with natives. I was China, and he kept sending waves of Seminoles to attack my tc. I never knew about Seminoles' high siege damage before then, and his strat very nearly worked. While taking my tc out in that case wouldn't have done him much good, I can think of many situations where a group of high-siege archers would come in very handy. Perhaps it could be used against a turtling player that is going water on Carolina, or against a player who is trying to go to Fortress.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Papist wrote:
Durokan wrote:
edeholland wrote:Tiger claws are both heavy inf and light inf if I am correct, making them a very weird unit. They are like a coyo/rattan but not 100% the same...idk

[strike]They are Infantry class and function like an urumi without splash damage. I think.[/strike]

Edit: In game they are tagged as the following: Hand Infantry, Light Infantry, Infantry, Native Warrior
They are effective against anything tagged as infantry, ie skirms and archers n stuff. I mixed up my reds and my blues for the multipliers originally

No, they aren't like urumi because they counter light infantry, not HI. In fact, musks put them down fairly easily, especially in melee.

I had a 1st lieut Port troll me on Bayou with natives. I was China, and he kept sending waves of Seminoles to attack my tc. I never knew about Seminoles' high siege damage before then, and his strat very nearly worked. While taking my tc out in that case wouldn't have done him much good, I can think of many situations where a group of high-siege archers would come in very handy. Perhaps it could be used against a turtling player that is going water on Carolina, or against a player who is trying to go to Fortress.

Yea, for reference [strike] is the bb code for strikethrough on *really* old comments. The edit part of the quote corrected the urumi statement.
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

Post by Wuangaga »

zoom wrote:
lordraphael wrote:quite frankly i think apache are so good that they should be totally viable in a 1v1 i could def see them being used in regular high level games. There stats look great the upgrade in age 3 makes them true villager killing machines. Ill definetly try to incorporate them in one of my builds. I mean they are a far stronger anti cav than zambs. Only drawback is the low building limit but if you want to do an age 2 based strat they should be a wonderful addition for civs that have no acces to goons in age 2

Aren't they essentially a Dragoon clone? In this case, they are slightly worse than a Zamburak per cost.

They are an exact dragoon clone afaik and dragons in colonial are pretty useful.
Retired Contributor

Post by Durokan »

Wuangaga wrote:
zoom wrote:

They are an exact dragoon clone afaik and dragons in colonial are pretty useful.

They are an exact copy of dragoons with the exception of dragoon's 2x multiplier to artillery.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

Zapotec wood crates cost = 225food and 225gold (not 225 wood)
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
European Union Asateo
Dragoon

Post by Asateo »

Just played a game where a chinese player rushed me with chakrams and won.

I've never really thought of rushin with natives. Which are the natives who are more cost effective then regular units?
Carib blowgunner, cherokee rifleman, klamanth and chakram seem good, any others?
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Hmm, did you forget to mention: NR 60 NWS HM" ?
I mean, thats the only remedy I can think of right now.
[Sith] - Baphomet
European Union Asateo
Dragoon

Post by Asateo »

Not really, he aged earlier then me with china, card units + chakrams, I survived first assault, but 5nd went down.

I take it your reply means it's not that good a strat :)
European Union Asateo
Dragoon

Post by Asateo »

Was looking for which natives are on which (RE) maps.

Where there is not a set number of native types, the value is randomly chosen.
Some numbers differ depending on number of players.

If anyone is interested: Thx to Cu3hara. http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,25913,75,365

Amazonia
* 2 Tupi
* 1 Carib
or
* 1 Tupi
* 1 Carib
* 1 Inca

Bayou
* 2 Cherokee
* 2-3 Seminoles

Carribean
* 3 Carib (or 1 Carib if FFA)

Carolina
* 1-2 Seminoles (50:50 chance of either 1 or 2)
* 2 Cherokee

Great Lakes (2 of the Iroquois villages placed only if # of human players >= 4)
* 4 Iroquois
or
* 3 Iroquois
* 1 Lakota
or
* 2 Iroquois
* 2 Lakota

Great Plains
* 3 Comanche
* 3 Lakota

New England
* 2 Iroquois
or
* 2 Cherokee

Pampas
* 1 Tupi
* 2 Inca

Patagonia
* No Natives

Rockies
* 2 Lakota
or
* 2 Commanche

Saguenay
* 2 Cree
* 2 Nootka

Sonora
* 1 Maya
* 1 or 2 Aztecs (2 if no central uber mine)

Texas
* 3 Commanche

Yucatan
* Aztecs and/or Maya (1 per player placed near starting location)

Yukon
* 2 Cree
or
* 2 Nootka

cue (DBD_cuehara)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet