Germany vs Dutch

No Flag Nathan_Drake98
Crossbow

Germany vs Dutch

Post by Nathan_Drake98 »

Hi, I have hard time in this match-up, Dutch always go to the fortress age with op eco and then spam ruyters and kill my army.
What should I do?
Sweden leaf4
Dragoon

Re: Germany vs Dutch

Post by leaf4 »

I am not experienced in this MU but in the scenario you describe you would want to raid with uhlan as much as possible, follow him to fortress and if he makes a lot of ruyter go more skirm based
thebritish wrote: AA>going fortress
No Flag Nathan_Drake98
Crossbow

Post by Nathan_Drake98 »

But he always has more cav than me.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

In RE this mu is pretty German favoured. Try applying pressure with uhlan in age2, and quickly go to age3. Most of the time you will be faster than dutch and have more uhlans. Save as many uhlans as possible. Don't forget to upgrade them to vet. Send skirms and Black riders
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Go for a uhlan semi-ff. viewtopic.php?f=29&t=4767 Make sure you make a 3 unit combo(black riders can be used if you really don't like making ww) since lots of dutch players will go for a ruyter huss cheese since they can't keep up with your strong shipments(8 skirm + 3 uhlan, 9 uhlans ect)
No Flag Nathan_Drake98
Crossbow

Post by Nathan_Drake98 »

Oh ok, thank you so much, nice guide.

Are you the real britishmusketeer? The one who's mentionned in the news?
Howdah

Nathan_Drake98 wrote:Oh ok, thank you so much, nice guide.

Are you the real britishmusketeer? The one who's mentionned in the news?

the one and only
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

maybe as Ger just go skirm+uhl while shipping jaegers? :hmm:
No Flag Nathan_Drake98
Crossbow

Post by Nathan_Drake98 »

pecelot wrote:maybe as Ger just go skirm+uhl while shipping jaegers? :hmm:

Oh, yes that's a great idea!
India gh0st
Lancer
ESO: gh0st007

Post by gh0st »

Well, in RE atleast, I think this MU is quite German favored !! Try to be aggressive with your uhlans by trying to raid him hard which might force him to ship 8 pikes in many cases.
He should not have more cav than you in general, if he does just back off and don't take any bad fight, Ageup (3sw,700w) and spam uhlans + skirm. After you ageup there is window, where you need to make something happen because Germany early fortress mass is just op. If he makes lots of skirm just go uhlan+skirm(jaegar is good choice here), If he makes hussar early on you need to add some WWs or blackriders coz a heavy hussar+ruyter combo can rek uhlan +skirm.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

what the fuck germany crushes dutch relentlessly, uhlan semi
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

blind dick play and win :)
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Go tower rush and mix some cav and u win easy Dutch can't win tower rush at all.Watch this video will help u alot.Germany thrashes Dutch easily on re. https://youtu.be/BQDe72S-daE @Nathan_Drake98 .
:nwc:
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Go tower rush and mix some cav and u win easy Dutch can't win tower rush at all.Watch this video will help u alot.Germany thrashes Dutch easily on re. https://youtu.be/BQDe72S-daE @Nathan_Drake98 .

I do not agree at all. Dutch can just camp in his well constructed base forever with a couple of skirms picking away at your xbows from range and you can never engage them with Uhlans because pathing will cause you to lose so many before they do anything and dutch can always pop 8 pike or make 5 or even mm and you lose ever single Uhlan because you are trapped in his base. I would rather go for 3SW, 700w, 700g with two batches of Uhlan and keep him of hunts while aging to Fortress along him. With tower rush you will eventually find yourself one age down against ruyter skirm.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

@aligator92
If he doesn't scout tower or fb it's probably over coz Dutch can't ff he should stay age 2 to stop the pressure .Dutch would probably go skrims and by the time he gets his few skrims out there would like 15 bows in his base + some cav ,to win that fight u need good micro.If he sends mm he would probably back up and wait for a timing push it will over just watch the link I sent u it works most of time.Even if he ages 3 ,ger player would probably push at his base and take out any shipment from hc gg.Dutch is weaker in RE than Nilla so has less chance to win.
Greece BrookG
Retired Contributor
ESO: BrookG

Post by BrookG »

As far as EP is concerned, stuff are less smooth for them German's mass needs to be a bit bigger to handle the ruyter spam. Dutch's option is to make vet huss, so you need some anti-cav
Correlation doesn't mean causation.
http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations

"mr.brookg go buy jeans and goto the club with somppuli" - Princeofkabul, July 2018
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

Challenger_Marco wrote: If he doesn't scout tower or fb it's probably over coz Dutch can't ff he should stay age 2 to stop the pressure .Dutch would probably go skrims and by the time he gets his few skrims out there would like 15 bows in his base + some cav ,to win that fight u need good micro.If he sends mm he would probably back up and wait for a timing push it will over just watch the link I sent u it works most of time.Even if he ages 3 ,ger player would probably push at his base and take out any shipment from hc gg.Dutch is weaker in RE than Nilla so has less chance to win.

First of all dutch has 2 scouting units and he does not even have to find the tower to understand that you are rushing since a ton of vills will be on wood instead of coin in your base. He should also notice the absense of atransition TP. So a surprise is rather unlikely.
So lets say he still does not notice and does his semi ff stuff. This will include a batch of huss which will be able to take out your 15 bows and 2 Uhlan with ease.
The thing with your video is that the dutch player is clearly inferior to the german player. He only has one bank up and his building placement is utterly useless protecting nothing whatsoever forcing himself to engage in the open field and suiciding his huss into pikes.
I am not saying that tower rush cannot work but it seems like a big gamble and why would you take that if you can instead just do some sort of Uhlan Semi FF and crush him in early fortress where germany's strength lies.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Uhlan semi, make as few uhlans as possible. Hit a hard timing after two fortress shipments on his third hunt/second mine.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

@aligator92 @Nathan_Drake98 .Yeah u can do uhlan semi but I answered this is to nathan_drake he said Dutch goes fortress and rapes his army the immediate idea came to my mind is tower rush maybe it will work for him.And idk what pr he is,so considering he is like around pr 22 tower rush will be easy for him,whereas uhlan semi will be tough for him as needs to do alot stuffI guess like droping a house market upgrades rax etc and u need good macro etc to execute a good build .This can again come into argument that tower rush also needs a lot work but what I ve seen players in that lvl if they semi ,they would just camp at base being scared and finally when Dutch has superior eco and army it's over or they just throw their army at wrong time and get punished.Main thumb rule is to pressure him, starve him and win.Making the game late will make worse for Germans and favour dutch.Games like below pr 25 tower rush is ok but in high lvl games I think uhlan semi is viable imo.And Nathan knowing your pr would be nice,because low lvl players dont know when to push ,timings etc so that's why I suggest u to do xbow tower rush and mixing cav and keep the pressure on him ,the opponent guy will loose probably as he needs to do a lot of work need high apm for better micro etc giving him a hard time.If u do it correctly u win gg! Peace.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

You can go 3sw/700w/700g and age up, which is usually the best semi. You just start with a 5 uhlans batch and go pressure, then make a bit more just so that you have like 1000f 300g left when your 700g comes on the floor, and you age up. If you feel like you need more cav though, because dutch guy is massing, then make more. From 700w you drop a barracks just in case you would need some dops (like he if ships 8 pikes) and because you'll need it for skirms later, in fortress. On some maps you can also use 700w for a stagecoach boom.

A more aggressive alternative is Mitoe's 700w 700g timing. Get only an extra 25w banked after you got your tp and market upgrades ; use 400w age up + 25w to get a stable/rax (if you scout a rax from dutch then start stable, if you scout a stable then you can go rax or stable) in the middle of the map, a house and steel traps. When 700w comes, you use it to get the other building (stable/rax) and 5 houses. You meanwhile pressure dutch a bit with your uhlans, then when 700g comes on the floor you use it to get a big batch of 5 dops + 5 uhlans out, and push. This timing should damage him a lot, you should be able to catch his skirms if he has some, or to burn his stable down for example, and other buildings as well. You keep making whatever unit you need behind this, and ship 3 sw, then usually 600g for age up (but you can ship whatever else you need instead).

This match up is kind of a free win for germany btw, so you must really do something wrong. What did you use to do ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Yeah I think semi-ff would be pretty effective, although personally I would go for French instead of Germany, mass musk/huss then charge into his base when he ages up (like senpai h2O says).

What is this dutch cav cheese. I need to know about any strat related to cheese.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team

What is cheese btw? @milku3459 .
Howdah

milku3459 wrote:What is this dutch cav cheese. I need to know about any strat related to cheese.

Going full huss ruyter and hoping that the german player doesn't scout/make any ww/ship BR and goes full uhlan skirm.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

It's not cheese, it's how you play against germany tbh. Ger only has 9 br, which usually won't be enough for all the game, and then wws are bad. And you don't have to go full ruyt huss all game long, this is only in early fortress, then later you add a few skirms to snipe german ranged cav
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Why delete my post? "Blink dick play" = "Xia ji ba da" = "play as you wish" in chinese. no insult.