Germany vs Dutch

Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Re: Germany vs Dutch

Post by milku3459 »

"Xia ji ba da"

Xia qi like playing chess? i speak chinese and I don't understand. Is it an idiom? That could explain it
No Flag Nathan_Drake98
Crossbow

Post by Nathan_Drake98 »

Kaiserklein wrote:You can go 3sw/700w/700g and age up, which is usually the best semi. You just start with a 5 uhlans batch and go pressure, then make a bit more just so that you have like 1000f 300g left when your 700g comes on the floor, and you age up. If you feel like you need more cav though, because dutch guy is massing, then make more. From 700w you drop a barracks just in case you would need some dops (like he if ships 8 pikes) and because you'll need it for skirms later, in fortress. On some maps you can also use 700w for a stagecoach boom.

A more aggressive alternative is Mitoe's 700w 700g timing. Get only an extra 25w banked after you got your tp and market upgrades ; use 400w age up + 25w to get a stable/rax (if you scout a rax from dutch then start stable, if you scout a stable then you can go rax or stable) in the middle of the map, a house and steel traps. When 700w comes, you use it to get the other building (stable/rax) and 5 houses. You meanwhile pressure dutch a bit with your uhlans, then when 700g comes on the floor you use it to get a big batch of 5 dops + 5 uhlans out, and push. This timing should damage him a lot, you should be able to catch his skirms if he has some, or to burn his stable down for example, and other buildings as well. You keep making whatever unit you need behind this, and ship 3 sw, then usually 600g for age up (but you can ship whatever else you need instead).

This match up is kind of a free win for germany btw, so you must really do something wrong. What did you use to do ?

Ok, thanks a lot for your help :blush:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Np, but what kind of strat did you use to do ? If you tell me then maybe I can help you fix your problem
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Nathan_Drake98
Crossbow

Post by Nathan_Drake98 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Np, but what kind of strat did you use to do ? If you tell me then maybe I can help you fix your problem

I used to make a lot of uhlans in age 2.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well making a lot of uhlans in colonial is what I often do too (with 3sw/700w/700g) but then you need to age up, before 10 min at most (before 9 it's better). And as I said with a rax ready for dops, just in case he tries something crazy with pikes, you're fine. Making a lot of uhlans in colo isn't the problem for sure
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag Nathan_Drake98
Crossbow

Post by Nathan_Drake98 »

Ah ok, I didn't understand that I needed to age.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

That's what I used to think actually a lot in the past — I always wanted to win the game in the colonial age. When I had some advantage, I would just try to utilise the maximum of it and rush even harder. This is not the most optimal solution sometimes, though, as you can easily get caught by his technological advantage while having not dealt enough damage. For example, going musk+huss vs Ger and allowing him to send black riders or to have 8 war wagons. It's riskier and doesn't always pay off.
No Flag Nathan_Drake98
Crossbow

Post by Nathan_Drake98 »

Hum, I see.
I think that it's that mindset which makes the difference between players like me and great players. I'll try that, thanks!