Against water....

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Against water....

Post by tedere12 »

Vs water I find effective disrupting the land eco while pushing on water early on. If you scout 2-3 docks for example, that means he has sacrifised quite an amount of resources and shipments on the water. You can make 4 hussar and disrupt land which will force him to call minutemen/make some land units, and at the same time ship 2 caravels and make one from 1 dock. Spliting your hus to continue raid would be effecctive too. This build is very effective as france, german and british. On full water maps I guess you will have to be more prepared, full land play is quite hard to pull off unless your opponent is much worse. Therefore, you need some good water cards and a plan to beat that. Watching lordraphael vs kynesie, or lordraphael vs boneng on indonesia might help you.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

sirmusket wrote:
deleted_user wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Would rather being a trash than being a cheater..

Bro, your subhuman

k, thats enough, let's not cross that line sirmusket.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

tedere12 wrote:Vs water I find effective disrupting the land eco while pushing on water early on. If you scout 2-3 docks for example, that means he has sacrifised quite an amount of resources and shipments on the water. You can make 4 hussar and disrupt land which will force him to call minutemen/make some land units, and at the same time ship 2 caravels and make one from 1 dock. Spliting your hus to continue raid would be effecctive too. This build is very effective as france, german and british. On full water maps I guess you will have to be more prepared, full land play is quite hard to pull off unless your opponent is much worse. Therefore, you need some good water cards and a plan to beat that. Watching lordraphael vs kynesie, or lordraphael vs boneng on indonesia might help you.

I'm totally fine that you have to go water in order to beat water, specially on water maps such as indonesia, borneo or hispaniola. However, ironically it's on non-water maps such as great lakes or texas with lake that warships become truly broken, and you can win the game without making a single land unit. Ofcourse this can be beaten easily if you realise it fast enough and establish your own water presence or towers near the shore, but otherwise, you can't kill the water anymore.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

I dont think you could win as france/german vs good water civ on full water maps.
On balanced water map you can go full land.
This tactic works only with water civ on full water.

Thats why full water maps are annoying. Some civs has totally 0 chance to win on them.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Sirmusket, Breeze, Umeu, pls fight each in other in real life, in aoe3 or over Skype, not in this thread :flowers:
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Breeze just has a talent to enrage People. And once he suceeds in infuriating People he enjoys being in The victim role to such a degree that its no stretch to Say he does it on purpose.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Goat fucker
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Post on-topic or you may find yourself in a position where you can't post at all anymore

No Flag Nathan_Drake98
Crossbow

Post by Nathan_Drake98 »

You should push them on land while training warships imo.
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

If you can't beat em, join em
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

n0eL wrote:Best strategy is to make a shit load of spies and hide them around the map. Go drink beer and come back in an hour or so.

:lol: if he understands what you did, he could beat you by doing same though :P
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

reminds me of a game between garja and somppu lol
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Laming warships in ponds is actually amazing. I don't think iv lost a game were iv try harded in forever on maps like new England cause if you make and ship warships into the pond right in from of your opponents base its super op
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

It seems to me that, unless you're playing vs ultimate water lame (you destroy main base, they camp in a corner against the coast with 4 layers of walls), a water boom is beatable with a timing push on land + 3 caravels on water. At least at my level that splits their APM enough that they can't out micro your land mass, so even if they win caravel fight then you just bell all their land vills and they can't make boats, then you just win as long as you don't let up pressure.

Ofc Kynesie bypasses this by lagging, making sure that you can't out micro him on land :p
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Warships are kinda lame but fortunately water boom is not that great so it kinda evens out and water turns into something that is not really that strong.

Water is beaten by launching a land offensive early enough to prevent the other guy from massing a lot of warships while actually trying to establish your own navy during the push. He invested a lot in a very slow boom so you can win both fronts (and even if you only win one front its usually enough).

Lordraphael vs kynesie on hudson bay (winter tournament) is the best example of this. Also acergame vs kynesie on manchuria (summer 2015) and wickedcossack vs h2o on indonesia (autumn) are good examples imo.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Against water... cut your losses, hit that resign button, and play on a land map. Pretty effective strategy, less broken keyboards.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Yeah listen to callen guy instead
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »