Post by NamikazeMinato »

any tips on how to play against water ?thx
Rμν−1/2 R gμν+Λ gμν=8πG/c4 Tμv
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Re: Against water....

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Mortars are pretty good. But really you should try and take the water before your opponent and have good HC cards like offshore support. Aztec, British, Spanish, maybe Dutch are best for water. Not sure on the asian civs.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Be aggressive, boom on land, take TPs (stagecoach!), pressure the water with towers/HC caravels/frigates/culverins.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Water play is strong for two reasons. Great mid game eco and abusive warship play. The latter factor is somewhat nerfed on EP and it is not that relevant if the map doesn't have that much water. Also it is not relevant if you just outeco him hard so that losing some extra buildings and units is not a problem.

The general idea is that fish boom is a rather big investment and is based on passive play so as the land player you get the initiative.
With that, you dictate the game which is already quite an advantage (in the extreme case you could just mirror the water play while adding some improvement to that), but on top of that you should get the map control which is the winning factor. Map control provides:
- freedom to move villagers across the map to get all the natural resources and do that whenever it is needed (e.g. need lot of coin at some point -> move vills on several mines)
- control over TPs, nat posts, chokepoints,etc.
So the advantage comes from the opponent being starved or mismacroed or simply he won't have room to replace buildings and put villagers in a safe spot.

That said, the actual strategy is MU specific.
On the generic water map you can try to directly counter the sea boom by dropping a tower near the cost and sending/making warships. The opponent has to decide whether to spend wood on fishing boats or warships/defense and that hurts his boom. Your boom is also not great since you're essentially rushing but if you keep things under control your eco will grow steadily while the opponent's one is pinned. This is in good part due to the fact that initial investment of the opponent is just bigger than yours. The other reason is that whenever you get a little edge in the warship war you can squeeze in an economic card/tech and the opponent will have hard time adapting to that. Map control will do the rest automatically.

Another approach is to boom as hard as you can on land while preparing a timing push . Even if your land boom isn't stronger in the long run (which btw if he runs out of resources without map ctrl it will be) in the short-mid term it is more efficient. So it allows for unit production at some point. You need to strike hard tho, otherwise the opponent will start making units and together with the defensive advantage he will hold and probably win due to his marginally superior eco in mid game and possibly late game water abusing.

Last approach is the one I prefer and it is basically just play a very standard aggressive game while booming on land. This generally means some rushy build + stagecoach and the reason why it works is that active unit play is just very strong in this game. Even with walls and CM card a xbow/pike play with eco behind it is going to be efficient. The damage done (if just in terms of defensive investments like the one mentioned) will be worth the rush if everything is done correctly.
I prefer this over the other alternatives because you have more control of the game and don't risk to let the opponent reach a point where he can answer your timing push. Again, map control and smoother progression do the rest. Also you need good mechanics because it's going to be quite an action packed game.

So basically, unless you fight the water from beginning the procedure is: be aggressive -> take land -> corner him -> get an eco edge -> start confining the sea and then use culv/mortars to kill him on sea and siege his base.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Just for info...
Dont expect to kill warship with millitary units that just makes no sense.... if the question is how to win water? Simple.. just go water
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Which is dumb as fuck, cuz if water can beat land, then its only fair that land could also beat water. But nope. Can only beat upgraded warships with fucking canoes...
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:Which is dumb as fuck, cuz if water can beat land, then its only fair that land could also beat water. But nope. Can only beat upgraded warships with fucking canoes...

Umeu dont take it as an insult.. but are you something like 2nd lt or what? Even they (2nd lts) have better ideas than you got.. if you are here to increase postcount go to the reddit...

And for your problem... wtf man do you expect musketers to kill a big warship? Yeah makes sense lol.......
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Not musketeers, but cannons should, and fortifications as well. Instead warships beat everything. They have no counter.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

umeu wrote:Not musketeers you moron, but cannons should, and fortifications as well. Instead warships beat everything. They have no counter. It seems you are the dumb fuck.

Exacly shows how immature you talk..
Behave..
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Stop pretending youre some nice guy, while you are about as bad as diarouga. Atleast he could actually play this game, unlike you.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Thanks moderators for editing your immature talk
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

@breeze ? what did Umeu do wrong? stop acting like your a god either, you can only lame walls and water, as soon as you played a land map vs LordRaph you got buttfked, apart from the Russia mirror where he was hunt screwed ^^, im sure Umeu would> you on a land map, no hate, but don't flame a solid player and a decent guy for no reason.., also Umeu has been a player who has consistly been in the top 10 ELO unlike you.. who has yet to reach that point
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

deleted_user wrote:Thanks moderators for editing your immature talk

Mods didnt edit it, i edited it myself cuz i want this to stay on topic, before you quoted it. You already made your ego war topic, no need to bring it here.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Umeu vs breeze b021 grudge match @site
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

sirmusket wrote:@breeze ? what did Umeu do wrong? stop acting like your a god either, you can only lame walls and water, as soon as you played a land map vs LordRaph you got buttfked, apart from the Russia mirror where he was hunt screwed ^^, im sure Umeu would> you on a land map, no hate, but don't flame a solid player and a decent guy for no reason.., also Umeu has been a player who has consistly been in the top 10 ELO unlike you.. who has yet to reach that point

I will answer you your question but very busy right now, i dont need any cheat to win rafa but...m i need spawning crates on
Mongolia brb
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Lordbrothers destroyer of lordraphaels
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

deleted_user wrote:
sirmusket wrote:@breeze ? what did Umeu do wrong? stop acting like your a god either, you can only lame walls and water, as soon as you played a land map vs LordRaph you got buttfked, apart from the Russia mirror where he was hunt screwed ^^, im sure Umeu would> you on a land map, no hate, but don't flame a solid player and a decent guy for no reason.., also Umeu has been a player who has consistly been in the top 10 ELO unlike you.. who has yet to reach that point

I will answer you your question but very busy right now, i dont need any cheat to win rafa but...m i need spawning crates on
Mongolia brb

lol, that was pretty hard to read with the lack of english you have there, none the less I love how you change the subject when you know I am completely right here, just stop arguing for no reason, really Umeu posted a normal comment and you start flaming him LOL
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Seriously though ws just rape all
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

@sirmusket i dont think you have place here... soon you make another thread SORY NOT GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN like hundreds of apolgy IM NOT CHEATER THREADS lol..
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

deleted_user wrote:@sirmusket i dont think you have place here... soon you make another thread SORY NOT GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN like hundreds of apolgy IM NOT CHEATER THREADS lol..

^^ your a joke, you have resulted in nothing but people leaving because of you and your presence on ESO, and as we can see I completely see why Umeu has a problem with you, and countless others, and btw, I'm sure you remember, you sucking my dick to ask SaveYourSkill to unpest you, I asked him he said "breeze is trash and cancer" so i guess theres your answer :P
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

this thread is 10/10
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Hazza54321 wrote:Seriously though ws just rape all

Yup thats the problem. You can take back land from water if you lose it. And you can also defend your land with warships so you wont even lose it. But you cant defend your water with land beyond the early game, 4 upped caravels rape any tower/tc... And once you lose water, you can never take it back.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

umeu wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:Seriously though ws just rape all

Yup thats the problem. You can take back land from water if you lose it. And you can also defend your land with warships so you wont even lose it. But you cant defend your water with land beyond the early game, 4 upped caravels rape any tower/tc... And once you lose water, you can never take it back.

You can destroy their land stuff and the coast with mortars but thats about it
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

sirmusket wrote:
deleted_user wrote:@sirmusket i dont think you have place here... soon you make another thread SORY NOT GONNA HAPPEN AGAIN like hundreds of apolgy IM NOT CHEATER THREADS lol..

^^ your a joke, you have resulted in nothing but people leaving because of you and your presence on ESO, and as we can see I completely see why Umeu has a problem with you, and countless others, and btw, I'm sure you remember, you sucking my dick to ask SaveYourSkill to unpest you, I asked him he said "breeze is trash and cancer" so i guess theres your answer :P

Would rather being a trash than being a cheater..
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

deleted_user wrote:
sirmusket wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Would rather being a trash than being a cheater..

Bro, your subhuman