India: Next best option to Agra for aging

Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon
ESO: Nightwing

India: Next best option to Agra for aging

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

In most cases, it is very common to go to age II with the Agra Fort while playing as India because it not only provides an outpost, which can be used defensively or offensively, but it also provides an instant rax.
However, what would be the next best alternative to the Agra and in which cases should it be used?

I sometimes go for the Karni Mata but I am not sure of how good that option is.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: India: Next best option to Agra for aging

Post by tedere12 »

taj mahal and ship 6 thuggees
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Karni is probably number 2 and Tower of Victory number 3.
I wonder why ppl dont use ToV more often really...

Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Imo karni helps more then 400w from tower, as india you already have some vills on wood anyway, I feel the macro is better with karni age for the bonus + res....

Now going to age3, imo tov is the best, followed by taj. (Gold > 1 mahout..) another reason not to age to colo with tower..
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I dont play india but 1 mahout seems incredibly bad. Mahouts in general are very underwhelming and only one of them takes a couple of volleys from a kiting army to die.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8928

Garja's karni builds thread. They seem pretty useful so far (the builds are slick) but i'm still not sure how game-winning they are.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

deleted_user wrote:I dont play india but 1 mahout seems incredibly bad. Mahouts in general are very underwhelming and only one of them takes a couple of volleys from a kiting army to die.

Yes i find it pretty bad, mahouts arent that bad, but anything less then 3 will be kited and killed for free most of the time... 800w on the other hand is an excellent option.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

it should be

agra fort to age2 > tower of victory (std) or taj mahal (for FI) or charminar gate (for agression or vs agression) to age 3 > charminar gate to age4 or if you did that in age3 then karni mata or tower of victory or taj mahal to age 4.

agra fort to age2 > tower of victory (std) or taj mahal (for FI) or charminar gate (for agression) or agra fort (vs agression) to age 3 > charminar gate to age4 or if you did that in age3 tower of victory or taj mahal to age 4.
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

Am I crazy or do people overlook Taj Mahal? It essentially allows a naked FF since you can literally stop the fighting for thirty seconds, which is plenty of time to send/gather for reinforcements if you get rushed and provides you some coin. If you build or ship castles it's even better since they'll be able to take pot shots during the ceasefire.

I suck at India though so I'm probably just crazy.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger

Post by lemmings121 »

Its way less then 30, i think its 15s.... And problem with india ff is that even naked you get there slow....and then you don't have anything super good to send,maybe urumis...if you want just gurka zamb on more cases is just better eco and mass army in colonial...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lol its not 30 seconds. its more like 8 secs in age2, 12 in age3 and 16 in age4. naked ff isnt that great for india because of their xp malus. it's possible to do though, but it's just not very good.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I do Taj mahal to age 2 when I do urumi fi
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

umeu wrote:it should be

agra fort to age2 > tower of victory (std) or taj mahal (for FI) or charminar gate (for agression or vs agression) to age 3 > charminar gate to age4 or if you did that in age3 then karni mata or tower of victory or taj mahal to age 4.

agra fort to age2 > tower of victory (std) or taj mahal (for FI) or charminar gate (for agression) or agra fort (vs agression) to age 3 > charminar gate to age4 or if you did that in age3 tower of victory or taj mahal to age 4.

Sound pretty clear this one :)
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

CurassierAndCurassier wrote:Am I crazy or do people overlook Taj Mahal? It essentially allows a naked FF since you can literally stop the fighting for thirty seconds, which is plenty of time to send/gather for reinforcements if you get rushed and provides you some coin. If you build or ship castles it's even better since they'll be able to take pot shots during the ceasefire.

You can use a taj mahal for a naked FF (or a fast semi too), but you age up to fortress with it, not colonial. This is because the power scales with the age the wonder is built in, and you'd only want the power when you age up to hold a push anyways so might as well use another wonder to colonial.

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Agra fort map control is just so good, even if youre not being aggressive.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

forgrin wrote:
CurassierAndCurassier wrote:Am I crazy or do people overlook Taj Mahal? It essentially allows a naked FF since you can literally stop the fighting for thirty seconds, which is plenty of time to send/gather for reinforcements if you get rushed and provides you some coin. If you build or ship castles it's even better since they'll be able to take pot shots during the ceasefire.

You can use a taj mahal for a naked FF (or a fast semi too), but you age up to fortress with it, not colonial. This is because the power scales with the age the wonder is built in, and you'd only want the power when you age up to hold a push anyways so might as well use another wonder to colonial.

No doesnt matter what age u built it in, just as with inspiration, the length of the power depends on the age u use it in, not built the wonder. So taj built in age 2 or in age4 all last the same time if you use the power in age5 for example.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

There is 1 reason i dont like agra fort. It needs +1 hotkey and i have only barack hk.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

If you are in need of pushing pause for 30 seconds to survive that's probably not gonna change after the pause is over.

It only matters if you have a shipment pop which mostly should be manageable without the taj.

Can also be used aggressively with Urumi and mahouts to get favorable positioning.

It's not really good so I would say it's not overlooked.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

umeu wrote:
forgrin wrote:

No doesnt matter what age u built it in, just as with inspiration, the length of the power depends on the age u use it in, not built the wonder. So taj built in age 2 or in age4 all last the same time if you use the power in age5 for example.

Oh, my bad. Honesty didn't know :p I think my point still generally stands though, you'd want the power when you age up to hold a timing so having it earlier isn't really useful and you might as well have another bonus in the interim.

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

The reason you age to colonial with taj for a naked ff is because it gives 500c. There is no reason to age with coin to age3 unless u want to fi.
Canada forgrin
Howdah

Post by forgrin »

umeu wrote:The reason you age to colonial with taj for a naked ff is because it gives 500c. There is no reason to age with coin to age3 unless u want to fi.

Good faith FF though? Aging to 3 with coin can be perfectly ok as long as you account for it in your transition macro.

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

it's not that is not ok, there are just way better options and the taj mahal is just quite mediocre. i mean if you like it, you can play it. but its not the best option.
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

Jerom wrote:Agra fort map control is just so good, even if youre not being aggressive.

This is true. Definitely can secure a hunt and a gold mine.
But how about playing against a very aggressive Russia or Aztec?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Charminar Gate to age2 and Mansabdar Rajput, that's where it's at bois.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

agra's defend potency is valueless