Strategy Wall

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Strategy Wall

Post by Garja »

You can find any record game posted on this site in the record game section and you can query them by matchup etc.
Image Image Image
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

@Durokan I think we can add the Guide to Deathmatch here :smile:
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

added as Cometk's Deathmatch Guide under the general strategy tab
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Pakistan MaJoOorchEf_GaZa
Musketeer
ESO: majooorchef_gaza

Post by MaJoOorchEf_GaZa »

I want to play with a Pro anyone online?
Do you know what kind of creature waits for its own slaughter?
Musketeer

how to host a rated game in aoe3?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Games are rated by default. In the top right you can see if the game is rated/not rated/no xp.
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

I think it's important to note that quick search games are always rated. Rated games from lobbies are not rated when the game stops before 2 minutes.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Yes, I am a 40 year old american male with a constitutionally protected freedom of speech and the ability to form a sentence with out the use of the word mod. I am sorry that offends you, but not sorry.
Pay more attention to detail.
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

Games under 2 mins are not rated. Games hosted via quicksearch are always rated.

EDIT: 500 shitposts :kinggreen:
ImageImageImage
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

edeholland wrote:I think it's important to note that quick search games are always rated. Rated games from lobbies are not rated when the game stops before 2 minutes.

Dont forget that if you host a room, games under 2 mins arent rated, while qs games will always be.
No Flag britrouga
Musketeer

Post by britrouga »

lemmings121 wrote:
edeholland wrote:I think it's important to note that quick search games are always rated. Rated games from lobbies are not rated when the game stops before 2 minutes.

Dont forget that if you host a room, games under 2 mins arent rated, while qs games will always be.

Nope sorry but you're wrong.
If you host a game AND resign before the 2min mark, the game won't be rated.
However, if you resign in QS, even if it is before 2min, it will be rated.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

britrouga wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:

Nope sorry but you're wrong.
If you host a game AND resign before the 2min mark, the game won't be rated.
However, if you resign in QS, even if it is before 2min, it will be rated.

All of this is a bit contradictory and confusing, here is the truth:
game browser games are rated if the game lasts 2 minutes or more, and quicksearch games are rated whatever happens.
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Guys stop spreading misinformation on the strategy wall at least.
Games are RATED ONLY IF OVER 2min in HOSTED gaems. otherwise they are unr unless it is qs
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

So QS is even rated when I resign after and not before the two min mark? Can someone confirm?
Bavaria j_t_kirk
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
ESO: j_t_kirk

Post by j_t_kirk »

confirmed
ImageImageImage
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Now from my understanding, games in the game browser are ONLY rated if the game goes past 2 minutes, however, EVERY game in quick search is rated even at second 0.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

From recent experimentation, it seems that games hosted in the game browser are rated if the game is longer than 1:59, while quick search games are always rated.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

all pested
Musketeer

[Redacted Facebook link]

Block this hacker from ESO he kills my all 80 units in 1 sec when he has just goons and 4 dog soldiers and I have lb pic and goons.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

Please don't post personal information here like Facebook photos. Also, this is the strategy wall, hardly the place to talk about cheaters.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

OP AZTEC NAVY

Post by jgals »

This build order allows you to get 50 plus vil pop by 8 minutes and if you are not attacked if will allow you to reach industrial by 10 minutes and imperial by 15. It exploits some of the most powerful economic upgrade cards in the game. It can be scaled down as a boom to occur alongside some combat, but it is guaranteed to outboom another water boom or beat a turtling opponent. Best thing about it is that most people never see it coming. It works best in team games or when you wont be rushed. Obviously not suitable for high level play but may be fun for your average player up to lt. On maps like Ceylon, it may be impossible to beat.

I will post photos of the deck

Map selection : You only want to use this on a map where there is plenty of fish/whales. It can be used on amazonia, great lakes or other maps with only fish nad no whales, but i would change the deck to be less dependant on water eco and would add "aztec mining" . The deck I posted called "saguenay" is suited to more of a hybrid land sea boom or some defense.

the other ones are for full on water, or vs french. But the main deck is OP aztec navy

Build order: Collect crates except gold, start exploring, build firepit and one house. Firepit on XP Keep 5vils on food to maintain vil production and send the rest to wood. You wil do this until aging. Try to focus on wood and Xp treasures becuase you need both to start the water boom. It takes 2 shipments before u make ur first boat. That is not that hard to get as aztec in early discovery. When you are about to get your second shipment you should have 200 wood so build your dock for the remaining XP to get that 2cnd shipment. As I said it is the second cheap fishing boat card and now they only cost 15 wood. Start building fishing boats. WAypoint dock to far fish, so that you keep some fish near the dock for later if they attack with 2 caravel

Build one more house, start making boats and vils at the same time. Keep firepit on XP. You should continue collecting treasures and from training you will get your third ship pretty soon. That will be advanced dock. This may seem like a strange choice, but there is a good reason. Besides knocking off33% of train speed to your fishing boats, it provides the key feature of added defense to your water boom. It increases dock fire and i believe HP. Also heals sihps faster. As soon as you send advanced dock switch firepit to fertility for increased train speed. As you continue stockpiling wood build more docks and houses and continue spamming boats. You can stop training vils to age faster if you need. Sometimes it is enough to make it look like you are aging along with him even if you have no army or anything. If you stay in age 1 forever it can signal a pretty wide boom that needs punishing. Producing 15 wood boats from 2-3 docks makes up for not training settler and then some, so you can do this if you need to age faster for some reason. Obviously age fast politician. If you haven't already build a warhut near the docks. Its also good to make a market if you haven't so you can research wood tech. Transition fishing boats to whales while aging. Send fish market or exotic hardwoods next. Then fencing school and boom out 9 war priests when this happens exactly will depend on u and the game but that is the order.

Around the age up time the opponent may be sending 2 caravel or something like it to molest your fishing. Obviousl you will check his deck and expect it. For this reason its important to keep fish near the dock as I said before. If they atack, you can garrison your fishingb boats. You will lose a few boats but its nota big deal. He will lose more if he decides to attack your advanced docks garrisoned with warhut. And you can fish the whales/fish near the dock until you can deal with his ships. If he is very agressive on water you want to get to age 3 asap to get your cheap war canoe card. this is important. If on land you can start making units. Keep booming out boats and upgrade all wood techs.

If he is not contesting the water go straight to age 3 and straight to 4 with 5 skulls. Then start spawning skull knights and send 2000 gold skull knight shipment to make them OP

if he is contesting water you will want to prioritize water dance, offshore support and warship atatck. If he went water you are kind of lucky. It is a lot easier to beat a water boom than a land mass attack. You shuld build near the water and you can use tlaloc big button from dock and other warships to kill his land army. GG
Attachments
azzz.PNG
azz.PNG
azzzzz.PNG
azzzzzzzzz.PNG
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

If I saw that deck i would simply full pike rush you and try to establish towers.
You don't have anything going for you. No WP, no units, nothing.
You'd really need to wall well.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01

Post by edeholland »

@jgals If you could make a thread with this post, we can have the strategy wall link to it. Then the discussion about the strategy can happen in that thread.
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

yemshi wrote:If I saw that deck i would simply full pike rush you and try to establish towers.
You don't have anything going for you. No WP, no units, nothing.
You'd really need to wall well.

I’ll just point out the obvious here and say that you wouldn’t use this deck if you suspected someone would like rush you. Since you don’t need a shipment until you have two available anyway for 15 wood boats you can actually affort to wait until an opponent chooses a deck. If he had things like 8 pikemen 700 wood and other such shipments you would not want to use this deck. If in the other hand he had schooners, no military ships in age 2 or only caravel or a FF deck you can do this strategy. Also, did you see the “saguenay “ deck with mace in it? I’m not sure what pikes would do vs 19 mace. And ten if you are playing in a map with a decent sized island you can easily rebase there. Eventually wood will be a problem but they will never take the water from you with this deck and the only mortar that outrange are FU ports, which no one has in sup
Bhutan jgals
Lancer

Post by jgals »

Yemeshi is absolutely right though, that is what you should do against this, what you need to do if you want to have a chance after 8 minuets.