What's the Best Build for Brit vs Fre MU?

France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Re: What's the Best Build for Brit vs Fre MU?

Post by bwinner »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
bwinner1 wrote:I also like 700w/600w/6lb (with lb/pikes ofc) which works very well against semi ff.
I am not fan of BO with VC or anythingnot aggressiv vs fr, but well, some good players do this so I guess it's possible.

Wouldn't 700 coin instead of 6 lbow be a better card? You can add huss with it and 6lb doesn't seem like a great card to me, especially if you don't need to defend.

Actually, my build is mean to timming at 7min30 beacause it's a time were fr is weak if he is aging. That's why I only had cav after the 6 lb. (I build a stable ship 700g and start cav then). But that's not very important not having cav so early, because ur lb can kill ez the few goon/skirm he can produce, and it will take a long time for him to have enought unit which are not mean to kittle (I mean cuirs/falc which are the units that damage u a lot).

Doing cav as you do allow you to find all his selters and so force him not to gather, but goons are very good to deal with that, so I dislike it a bit and you won't have a strong timing like mine.

@knush
VC build or anything else in age 3 can works, but I think fr has an advantage in early age 3 (what is not sur in late age 3 because lb>skirm/goon). Also at my level (pr29) I guess agressiv build are better than in pro lvl because people are bad to defend...

@milky3459
Ur build with VC 1st and 3 selters then seem's very bad to me because age 2 shipements and age up time will be delay A LOT. But I never tried it. Commons VC build are either with only VC or with TP and 3s before VC.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

I've never actually tested the timings with a watch, but it doesn't seem to slow the second shipment that much, prb due to house xp (and villagers coming out of the houses produce xp? not sure). I'll test that next time I play.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

I like to 10 musk semi, with a pretty hard manor boom 700w 600w 5 vill & just gather for your age up during trans can mass musk & send flacs when you hit up and push out, or mass LB & do a lb/goon combo in age 3. with the 10 musks defend his raids & try and take down a tp or idle him a bit. Also if you notice he is staying age 2 and pressuring you should be easy to adapt make more musk & defend. But this is a harder mu for Brit imo. If you are on a low hunt map I'd lb/pike with hus and just starve French (assuming that they are doing a 5 hus semi) if they are staying age 2 you should just rape them in the musk war.
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

What makes it hard for brit is that it's really ez to adapt to the brit build for fr, because he age up 15-20s later and have his scout. Also it's really ez for fr to scout if you will presure him or follow in age 3, because it mainly depend of if you build a fb or not, what he can scout before choosing a build.
But brit have also good reason to win this :
-their age 2 is just better
-lb counter very good the goon/skirm combo that fr love.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

__Uhlan__ wrote:I like to 10 musk semi, with a pretty hard manor boom 700w 600w 5 vill & just gather for your age up during trans can mass musk & send flacs when you hit up and push out, or mass LB & do a lb/goon combo in age 3. with the 10 musks defend his raids & try and take down a tp or idle him a bit. Also if you notice he is staying age 2 and pressuring you should be easy to adapt make more musk & defend. But this is a harder mu for Brit imo. If you are on a low hunt map I'd lb/pike with hus and just starve French (assuming that they are doing a 5 hus semi) if they are staying age 2 you should just rape them in the musk war.

what time are you aging with this build? It sounds like a 10ish minute ageup
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

tedere12 wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:I like to 10 musk semi, with a pretty hard manor boom 700w 600w 5 vill & just gather for your age up during trans can mass musk & send flacs when you hit up and push out, or mass LB & do a lb/goon combo in age 3. with the 10 musks defend his raids & try and take down a tp or idle him a bit. Also if you notice he is staying age 2 and pressuring you should be easy to adapt make more musk & defend. But this is a harder mu for Brit imo. If you are on a low hunt map I'd lb/pike with hus and just starve French (assuming that they are doing a 5 hus semi) if they are staying age 2 you should just rape them in the musk war.

Yeah even sending coin 3rd in colonail gets u up at 930
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

tedere12 wrote:

9:50 if macroed well, 10:15 latest.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

__Uhlan__ wrote:
tedere12 wrote:

Thats way too late vs french though imo
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Hazza54321 wrote:
__Uhlan__ wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Thats way too late vs french though imo

Depends on your hunt situation, you can mass LB/musk while aging + 7 lb pop when aged & mm. It is fine imo. But like I said it's a hard mu for Brit.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

what do you think of 700 coin second? You age 9:00 and can ship 600w or 5 vills in transition
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

__Uhlan__ wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Depends on your hunt situation, you can mass LB/musk while aging + 7 lb pop when aged & mm. It is fine imo. But like I said it's a hard mu for Brit.

He will have falcs at ur tc then i think :/ but ye fre kinda win it
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

tedere12 wrote:what do you think of 700 coin second? You age 9:00 and can ship 600w or 5 vills in transition

Well, skipping 600w + 5 vills means you can't add second rax + stable & your basically cutting 9-10 vills for aging 50 seconds earlier. With a skrim/goon composition from French I'm not sure he can really do much damage in those 50 seconds. He also will not know for 100% sure your aging and might be shy to push in which will also buy you some time. But overall if you mass lb/musk while your aging and delay the fight until the 7lb pop and time mm with it you can hold fine & then you just have a better eco then French and can push out with 2 flacs.
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

__Uhlan__ wrote:
tedere12 wrote:what do you think of 700 coin second? You age 9:00 and can ship 600w or 5 vills in transition

Well, skipping 600w + 5 vills means you can't add second rax + stable & your basically cutting 9-10 vills for aging 50 seconds earlier. With a skrim/goon composition from French I'm not sure he can really do much damage in those 50 seconds. He also will not know for 100% sure your aging and might be shy to push in which will also buy you some time. But overall if you mass lb/musk while your aging and delay the fight until the 7lb pop and time mm with it you can hold fine & then you just have a better eco then
French and can push out with 2 flacs.
Also if you send 600w in trans I'm not sure you have a shipment ready once you aged, would have to test that ingame & see.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

I honestly think going age 3 is bad as Brit, because if he scouts it he has a chance to mix cuir. The problem is the skirm/cuir > lb/goon and musk/longbow loses to falcs or even just pure skirm and is super food heavy.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Dragoon

Post by __Uhlan__ »

sdsanft wrote:I honestly think going age 3 is bad as Brit, because if he scouts it he has a chance to mix cuir. The problem is the skirm/cuir > lb/goon and musk/longbow loses to falcs or even just pure skirm and is super food heavy.

He won't be able to have more then 8 cuir out, 3 from shipment and 5 make just due to the fact that they take forever to train. That also will delay his flacs which is a win in itself for you. I think 15 goons 2 flacs and 10 skrim is much scarier.
Chile nn1850
Skirmisher
ESO: NN_1850

Post by nn1850 »

im tested semiFF huss with brit, with 700w/700g/5v. The thing is, if u send 700g early (2nd card in colonial), u can ageup early. Ofc ur eco ill not be op, but u can add rax in transition to fortress(using wood for manors and 1 TP). With this u prevent the raids (u can make 5-10 huss), and raid yourself. Then in fortress make lb/goon/huss. I beleave that this work against civs with semiFF based in cav like Fre or Ger.
Also i tested the same semiFF with 5v/700w/700g, and i notice that u dont need coin for ageup, just macroing u can get 1200-1000 with 5-10 huss easily. So u can send another card like 600w or 4v(3nd card)
Youtube channel: :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/c/NN1850_age3
AOE 3 in spanish - AOE 3 en español
Chile nn1850
Skirmisher
ESO: NN_1850

Post by nn1850 »

Also u have the semFF based in VC. If u have early TP, u can make 700w/5v/700g with 10-15 pikes, for defend raids. u ill have 200pop, nice eco, but is a little slow, and pike is not useful... just against raid and maybe siege the TPs (if the fre player went for TPboom).
In the other hand, u have the agresive style based in colonial. But is hard play against fortress age (u can but is hard), i think that is the option in bad maps ofc. u need to fight for the resources and contain the fre player. is the clasic way.
Youtube channel: :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/c/NN1850_age3
AOE 3 in spanish - AOE 3 en español
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

@sircallen is this the MU where you use your huss start with brit.

Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Now everyone I play just does French Colonial because they assume France is OP in everything--I just giggle, hold their first push then get musk ups and Attack move. Now I'm preparing for the day when I meet more skilled opponents.
So is the general consensus a semi-ff or a strong timing push at 8:00 (or what)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

nn1850 wrote:So u can send another card like 600w or 4v(3nd card)

600 wood I find way better than 4 vills, unless doing some VC shenanigans :hmm:
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

Idk what others say but I have played many MUs at your pr level @milku3459 on nilla as French, and atleast at that pr I've always found an 8 min timing much harder to hold as French because of he ages I can just raid like crazy in age 2 and then outmass him easily with better unit shipments, map control and better cav. If you want we can test this MU on nilla sometime.