What's the Best Build for Brit vs Fre MU?

Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

What's the Best Build for Brit vs Fre MU?

Post by milku3459 »

As French I generally cav semi-ff into goon-skirm.
As Brits I try to keep the game in Colonial as long as possible with aggressive rax and mixing in cav later, with the goal being to have better cav, better musks and better economy while keeping him in Colonial.
Is this optimal? I need to know the ideal French build so I can develop counters for it with my main boys Brits. Generally French players I fight try to fight it out in Colonial, but they always lose once I bring out the musk ups, even if I lose my FB and a lot of eco.
Once I played French against a Brit significantly higher ranked than I was--I tried to fight Colonial and lost. Later, he told me Colonial Brit eco outstrips French by far. Is this true?

A list of My Demands
1. What is the Ideal French Build vs Brit?
2. What is the Ideal Brit build vs French?
3. Is Brit eco>French in colonial?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: What's the Best Build for Brit vs Fre MU?

Post by tedere12 »

There is not a standard way to play this MU as any of those civs. Adapt according to the map and the opponent
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

We dont negotiate with terrorists. You have 1 hour to delete this thread, or we will throw durians on you.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

milku3459 wrote:As French I generally cav semi-ff into goon-skirm.
As Brits I try to keep the game in Colonial as long as possible with aggressive rax and mixing in cav later, with the goal being to have better cav, better musks and better economy while keeping him in Colonial.
Is this optimal? I need to know the ideal French build so I can develop counters for it with my main boys Brits. Generally French players I fight try to fight it out in Colonial, but they always lose once I bring out the musk ups, even if I lose my FB and a lot of eco.
Once I played French against a Brit significantly higher ranked than I was--I tried to fight Colonial and lost. Later, he told me Colonial Brit eco outstrips French by far. Is this true?

A list of My Demands
1. What is the Ideal French Build vs Brit?
2. What is the Ideal Brit build vs French?
3. Is Brit eco>French in colonial?

imo:
1. secure stagecoach with musk/huss and then age and go goon skirm 2falc whilst trying to hold the tp line.
2. boom and fight for tps then add lbows once they age(following them to fortress allows you to better deal with 2 falcs and gives you goons but sacrifices mass).
3. depends how many tps there are.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

3. is rather clear, ofc apart from TPs, Brits add more and more manors, while French can only go 4 CDBs and that's pretty much it in terms of their eco play
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

1)There are several cases :
-if brit go for fb -> fr have to start musk and then either up if the brit start musk (with smthg like 4cdb/700w/700g or 8xbows before gold if there is too much presure)
If the brit go cav or pike/lb=> try to kill his fb or force 6musk or 6lb very early at least and then try to up.
-if brint doesn't fb : semi cav and ff greedy (with stagecoach if it's possible). Brit is probably going too semi ff too with virginian compagny eventually, but you don't care because your age 3 is just better.

2)My favourite is to start musk in fb with tower up and be aggressiv with either 700w/5vils/600w (stable with 700w, quite greedy build) or 700w/700g/6musk (all in, stable with 700w you have to hurt him a lot). Because this build will give an hard time to the fr regardless of what he do (this is like 45/55 for fre if he starts musk and 60/40 for brit in the other cases)
I also like 700w/600w/6lb (with lb/pikes ofc) which works very well against semi ff.
I am not fan of BO with VC or anythingnot aggressiv vs fr, but well, some good players do this so I guess it's possible.

3)Yeah if you play musk/huss vs age 2 fr, you should win with brit, the only case were you can have issues is if you start lb/pikes Imo.

I am not a pro-player but I have quite a lot of experience of this MU, especially as brit. I wish I didn't say shit and I helped you ;-)
Austria knusch
Pro Player
EWTDonator 01

Post by knusch »

bwinner1 wrote:I am not fan of BO with VC or anythingnot aggressiv vs fr, but well, some good players do this so I guess it's possible.

HOW DARE U?!?

@Aizamk tell him whats up :biggrin:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

bwinner1 wrote:I also like 700w/600w/6lb (with lb/pikes ofc) which works very well against semi ff.
I am not fan of BO with VC or anythingnot aggressiv vs fr, but well, some good players do this so I guess it's possible.

Wouldn't 700 coin instead of 6 lbow be a better card? You can add huss with it and 6lb doesn't seem like a great card to me, especially if you don't need to defend.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

brits semi is ideal i think
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

I would go cav semi too. Hussar goon longbow is still powerful in fortress.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Is it possible to straight ff as french? Brit isn't fast enough to punish i think without sacrificing lots of eco (in which case you just easily adapt to a standard 5 huss semi) and 8skirm/mm/cdb with great coats+a batch of 5 goon easily destroy a mass of musk + a few huss forcing him to switch to longbow which give you plenty of time to stabilize and go full skirm/cuir. Ofc i haven't tested it so im not sure how well exactly it would work, and the card order does seem a bit awkward. I imagine something like 700c/4vill/1000 wood?

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Argentina AraGun
Lancer
ESO: AraGun_OP

Post by AraGun »

sdsanft wrote:Is it possible to straight ff as french? Brit isn't fast enough to punish i think without sacrificing lots of eco (in which case you just easily adapt to a standard 5 huss semi) and 8skirm/mm/cdb with great coats+a batch of 5 goon easily destroy a mass of musk + a few huss forcing him to switch to longbow which give you plenty of time to stabilize and go full skirm/cuir. Ofc i haven't tested it so im not sure how well exactly it would work, and the card order does seem a bit awkward. I imagine something like 700c/4vill/1000 wood?

This is pretty correct way to play vs brit actually, I find that going 5 huss semi as french is the best option, main thing is securing an early tp to get your shipments going as you will need few army shipments probably as soon as you hit age 3.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

AraGun wrote:
sdsanft wrote:Is it possible to straight ff as french? Brit isn't fast enough to punish i think without sacrificing lots of eco (in which case you just easily adapt to a standard 5 huss semi) and 8skirm/mm/cdb with great coats+a batch of 5 goon easily destroy a mass of musk + a few huss forcing him to switch to longbow which give you plenty of time to stabilize and go full skirm/cuir. Ofc i haven't tested it so im not sure how well exactly it would work, and the card order does seem a bit awkward. I imagine something like 700c/4vill/1000 wood?

This is pretty correct way to play vs brit actually, I find that going 5 huss semi as french is the best option, main thing is securing an early tp to get your shipments going as you will need few army shipments probably as soon as you hit age 3.

I usually go with a 5 huss semi, but my problem is that even when going 4v-700c-700w and aging as soon as possible, the brit player can walk into my base while i'm aging with a large mass of musk, idle my vills and siege all my buildings so that even when i age up i have no production buildings. Even then i still have to wait for 8 skirm shipment to arrive and by then he can easily mix huss/longbow plus hes already done so much damage. Thats why im wondering if a straight ff might be better (if he walks in while im aging he has less musk and i can easily handle it). Obviously i don't have huss to raid and i either have to skip vills or wait for wood but the huss don't do a ton anyways so is it worth the trade off?

Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

Umeu, I have your mother. If you ever want to see her again, tell me how to play AOE3.

My favourite Brit build is VC first so I build 4 houses in Colonial, then 3 vills before up with tower and 200 gold. Ship 700 wood, then 5 v, then 600 wood for stable, then 4 v, then upgrade cards. I like the VC build because it gives me more pop space before Colonial, the same amount of vills as 3 vills, helps my boom later and about half a bar of xp; the only trade off being that it is slightly slower than 3 vills build. Because of the extra xp, I also get to send 3 vills before aging. 700 wood is slightly delayed, but that's ok because I don't need the housing space as urgently as I would with a 3 vills-700wood build. Is this ok?
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

milku3459 wrote:Umeu, I have your mother. If you ever want to see her again, tell me how to play AOE3.

My favourite Brit build is VC first so I build 4 houses in Colonial, then 3 vills before up with tower and 200 gold. Ship 700 wood, then 5 v, then 600 wood for stable, then 4 v, then upgrade cards. I like the VC build because it gives me more pop space before Colonial, the same amount of vills as 3 vills, helps my boom later and about half a bar of xp; the only trade off being that it is slightly slower than 3 vills build. Because of the extra xp, I also get to send 3 vills before aging. 700 wood is slightly delayed, but that's ok because I don't need the housing space as urgently as I would with a 3 vills-700wood build. Is this ok?

You mean 4 houses in Discovery? Sounds kind of slow (if my math is right thats 135+(3*88)=399w) so even if you have a 300w start that still a lot of chopping plus you're initial 4 bison (assuming you play GP) will be starting to run out by the time you click age up, but thats a lot of vills so vs France who can't really punish you its probably pretty good as long as you can protect your vills from the raids.

Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

But the minimum start is 200 wood and there are leftovers after the first houses, so I only chop 200 wood without treasures.
Actually, I now realise that that is a lot
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Brits have 30 muskets max at 8 minutes which is the time you age up and they also have no stable. You can easily deal with that for sure
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

what if they add a stable? :hmm:
Singapore milku3459
Howdah

Post by milku3459 »

pecelot wrote:what if they add a stable? :hmm:

what if they have Tommynators :hmm:
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

tedere12 wrote:Brits have 30 muskets max at 8 minutes which is the time you age up and they also have no stable. You can easily deal with that for sure

They can easily mix longbow to kill skirm and then just sit on tc with muskets so you cant gather.

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

sdsanft wrote:
tedere12 wrote:Brits have 30 muskets max at 8 minutes which is the time you age up and they also have no stable. You can easily deal with that for sure

They can easily mix longbow to kill skirm and then just sit on tc with muskets so you cant gather.

then make 5 cuir and with proper micro and 15 skir from behind its easy to clean the infantry mass
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

tedere12 wrote:
sdsanft wrote:

then make 5 cuir and with proper micro and 15 skir from behind its easy to clean the infantry mass

You can't make 5 cuir when all your vills are in your tc. Maybe I'm just bad (pr20 :uglylol: ) but thats what happens whenever i play vs a good brit. They attack as im aging, siege my buildings then once i am up they just sit on top of tc and mix longbow/huss.

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

sdsanft wrote:
tedere12 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

You can't make 5 cuir when all your vills are in your tc. Maybe I'm just bad (pr20 :uglylol: ) but thats what happens whenever i play vs a good brit. They attack as im aging, siege my buildings then once i am up they just sit on top of tc and mix longbow/huss.

skirms are enough to stop the musk from skirs and they cant add longbows early on then.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

tedere12 wrote:
sdsanft wrote:
Show hidden quotes

skirms are enough to stop the musk from skirs and they cant add longbows early on then.

lol, even then if he has 30 musk around tc he can trap your skirm shipment, and he can easily siege down your rax. Anyways, next time it happens i'll post a rec and you can tell me what to do better. :biggrin:

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Yeah sure it will help