Boxer rebellion vs Village Defenses vs Military shipment

Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Boxer rebellion vs Village Defenses vs Military shipment

Post by sdsanft »

As a Chinese player playing vs aggressive civ (Russian, India, otto) which card is the best while you're trying to age and not die.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Re: Boxer rebellion vs Village Defenses vs Military shipment

Post by __Uhlan__ »

8 cho ko no(or steppe/pike) your free army from wonder, and mm should be more then enough for you to age without dying. Use villagers to help defend also & make sure your optimizing your tc fire.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

I played a game today vs a russian 2nd lt. He rushed ofc. I sent boxer rebellion (+50% tc attack) and just sat in my tc as i 1-shotted all his inf. I won super easy, I think i might start sending boxer rebellion every time vs rush.

EDIT: I'll post the rec here soon. I made a noob mistake at first by placing my wonder outside tc range, so i had to delete it when he started sieging at like 10% but even then i just rebuilt in front of my base, and then just slowly killed all of his army while he slowly sieged my wonder, i finally aged, and then cleaned up his remaining inf super easy with arq/ckn.

United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

On a slightly different note, how feasible would a boxer rush be? If you spam out 6 or so villages and ship Boxers you can get a decently large army for super cheap.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

I go tp => 2 vill, boxer rebellion, 700g, 700w vs russia
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

__Uhlan__ wrote:8 cho ko no

:hehe:
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

CurassierAndCurassier wrote:On a slightly different note, how feasible would a boxer rush be? If you spam out 6 or so villages and ship Boxers you can get a decently large army for super cheap.

Don't you have to ship 2 cards for that? One to make them from villages and one to prevent them from losing hp any longer? Not to mention you can only call 2 sentries and 2 irregulars per village, IRRC, and you're spending 1200w total on villages early into the game.

Viable confirmed.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

b-b-but mm op :O
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

CurassierAndCurassier wrote:On a slightly different note, how feasible would a boxer rush be? If you spam out 6 or so villages and ship Boxers you can get a decently large army for super cheap.
Yes in order to do this you have to send both village defenses, boxer rebellion and then make 6 villages and even then you can only get like 28 sentries and irregulars each, so it's not really a rush considering you'd probably have to go 3 vills, boxer rebellion, village defenses, 700w.

britishmusketeer wrote:I go tp => 2 vill, boxer rebellion, 700g, 700w vs russia

Yeah, this is the exact build I used. I didn't actually record the game unfortunately (we had to rehost and I forgot to record the second time) but it turned out pretty great. How viable do you think it is vs azzy/india/otto?

Howdah

sdsanft wrote:

Yeah, this is the exact build I used. I didn't actually record the game unfortunately (we had to rehost and I forgot to record the second time) but it turned out pretty great. How viable do you think it is vs azzy/india/otto?
I don't think it would be viable vs those civs. Vs india and otto you can go 700g 8 bow 700w with the tp and hold just fine(vs india shoot each sepoy twice with the tc so that when your 8 bows arrive you can clean up with them being on 10hp each. Vs azzy cm doesn't change the shots needed to kill a coyote. The only reason that I send it against russia is that they will otherwise just spam strelets under your tc which are barely not 1 shot without cm.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

britishmusketeer wrote:
sdsanft wrote:

I don't think it would be viable vs those civs. Vs india and otto you can go 700g 8 bow 700w with the tp and hold just fine(vs india shoot each sepoy twice with the tc so that when your 8 bows arrive you can clean up with them being on 10hp each. Vs azzy cm doesn't change the shots needed to kill a coyote. The only reason that I send it against russia is that they will otherwise just spam strelets under your tc which are barely not 1 shot without cm.

Yeah just realized that vs musketeers and strelets boxer rebellion can one shot (so essentially 2x damage) but against slightly tankier sepoy/jani it doesn't make as much of a difference. My one other question is how to protect 8 age up skirms without shipping pikes. Is there a good way?

Howdah

sdsanft wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Yeah just realized that vs musketeers and strelets boxer rebellion can one shot (so essentially 2x damage) but against slightly tankier sepoy/jani it doesn't make as much of a difference. My one other question is how to protect 8 age up skirms without shipping pikes. Is there a good way?

3 pikes from the summer palace + 5 disciples + monk + mm. Also you can change your shipment point to a village if the huss are under the tc. With your 700w you should build your buildings in a way that it is hard for cav to path though your town. Also you can age up with the tower instead of the skirms in most situations.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

K thanks I'll try it all out. If I ever need more help I try to get a rec.

United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

Mitoe wrote:

Don't you have to ship 2 cards for that? One to make them from villages and one to prevent them from losing hp any longer? Not to mention you can only call 2 sentries and 2 irregulars per village, IRRC, and you're spending 1200w total on villages early into the game.

Viable confirmed.

I totally forgot that Boxers doesn't allow your villages to make sentries.

Pro tip guys ignore everything I say about a non vanilla civ
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah

Post by sdsanft »

CurassierAndCurassier wrote:
Mitoe wrote:

Viable confirmed.

I totally forgot that Boxers doesn't allow your villages to make sentries.

Pro tip guys ignore everything I say about a non vanilla civ

It's actually kind of annoying. If you only send 1 card it's weaker than cm for vanilla civs so you have to send two but then you have way more protection than necessary.