Starting TP as brits

United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Starting TP as brits

Post by Darwin_ »

So, I have been using Mitoes cav start build with brits way too much in the past week or so. When I have a 300w start and the map allows me to, I almost always go for the tp. However, I dont do the 3v+vc build. I have found that because you are shipping 5v first in this build instead of 700w, you can be behind in shipment progression. That was my real aversion to starting with 5v, but the TP seems to rectify those issues. Thoughts? I have also done this in other scenarios/with other builds, and it seems to be quite good, but I'm no Pr 35 so...
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Re: Starting TP as brits

Post by Kaiserklein »

If you go VC, you should definitely send 700w first regardless of your game plan, since it's worth approx 8 manors, so 8 vils. But then it is probs a bit ambitious to cav start when you VC anyway.

Either way, I'm pretty sure that you can take an early TP, even if you don't go VC. It doesn't really slow you down, and is ofc a nice boost. It mostly depends on the map though (if the first xp is interesting or not, if your TP is safe...)
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Yeah I dont do vc when I start 5v. Lol that would be so bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I would rather still go VC and not do the 5v, instead of doing the 5v and not VC. At least on a map with a good TP.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Darwin_ wrote:So, I have been using Mitoes cav start build with brits way too much in the past week or so. When I have a 300w start and the map allows me to, I almost always go for the tp. However, I dont do the 3v+vc build. I have found that because you are shipping 5v first in this build instead of 700w, you can be behind in shipment progression. That was my real aversion to starting with 5v, but the TP seems to rectify those issues. Thoughts? I have also done this in other scenarios/with other builds, and it seems to be quite good, but I'm no Pr 35 so...

Ya you can start 5vil and then 700w, with tp its really not much of a delay for either. So if you feel safer go 5vil, if you need a rax right after ur stable, then start 700w. Hell, you can even delay 700w another shipment vs certain rushes and just be fine with 10 huss and maybe 6lb ship or 6 musk ship + mm.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I was wondering a while ago now about such starts in Brit mirrors, where you would just maximise the efficiency of earlier shipments, which of course mean sooner units or musk upgrades... :hmm: Haven't really tested that, though.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I actually tested this when I first started doing this build. It's sometimes better, sometimes worse. It kind of depends on the matchup, and whether or not you need to get that 2:40 age up in, or the 3:00 time will be fine. Most of the time when you build an early TP with Brit you have to age 1 vill later, so in aggressive matchups like vs Russia or Aztec I'm not entirely sure it's worth it. In slower matchups though, like vs China or France it probably is.

I also tested 3v VC with a TP, and it allows you to do 70 pop + market instead of 50 pop + market—I still send 5v first, I just feel like it's easier to get out a good 2nd and 3rd batch if you send it before 700w, becaus you don't waste time gathering crates and constructing manors, you just gather resources immediately—but I find the macro is often awkward.

I haven't really tested it enough though: I only did it like 3-4 times maybe.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

@Mitoe I have been doing the TP start and I think only 1 time I was forced to train an extra vill. I almost always had idle time, but I was normally at 700+ food when the last vill popped.

So you reccomend sending vc sometimes even if I am not going to go full boom?
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I don't know if I'd recommend it. The few times I tried it it felt ok, but for some reason I felt like I was more likely to lose. It's up to you really.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »