Russia vs British MU Tips?

No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

Russia vs British MU Tips?

Post by bugattivitesse »

I think that when i play against British as Russia, the best option is to go semi to age 3 since Russia's age 2 units get stomped by longbow masses. Both strelets and musks get killed, and early game russia cant do a cav rush. I just played a game vs a Brit where i aged with 17 vils, and instead of making a FB in age up, i built a TP. I built the FB later with my age up wood, but didnt make any units until i started aging to 3. I sent 5 coss as if i was rushing, which i think confused him and made him prepare for a rush. Once in age 3, i massed vet musks and strelets and falcs and steamrolled him. Will this work against higher level Brits too? what should russia do vs Britain?
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Re: Russia vs British MU Tips?

Post by Darwin_ »

I would rush for sure. The best Bo seems to be 5 coss - 4 coss - 700w, with you first 4-5 batches from the blockhouse being musks, and then strels when you can. Normally, I add a stable or a second blockhouse with the 700w, in addition to houses and steel traps. Do the market on 400w. I have only played this matchup on EP though. Having a lot of cossacks in this matchup is nice, because strelets do so well against musks/pikes, and constant raiding can really destroy brit's eco.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Boyar Cossacks wreck everything, especially longbows. Make em
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

14v is a necessity, overwhelm early on and then probably opt for a Boyars timing while BHing the hunts? :? :? :?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

14v age up, st pm on market, send 5 cossak and 10-20 musk, harass him, 700wood then 700gold age and make musk falc
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01
ESO: bwinner

Post by bwinner »

Brit will try to timming your bh to get back the map. This will be the crucial point, so you have to try having the best composition/mass to stop him there. His timming mostly depend of the food he has on his base.
If he has a lot semi to have musk+falc is good Imo, either play it age 2 and keep presure on him Imo
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

I am pretty successful in this MU with this all-in BO, because I outmass him. I'm not a pro player tho.
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Hold their 8-9 or 10-11 min timing and win
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

P i k i l i c wrote:I am pretty successful in this MU with this all-in BO, because I outmass him. I'm not a pro player tho.

does not 5 huss+mm hold that ?
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

bwinner1 wrote:
P i k i l i c wrote:I am pretty successful in this MU with this all-in BO, because I outmass him. I'm not a pro player tho.

does not 5 huss+mm hold that ?

I played this MU quite a few times and nobody made huss against that so far :uglylol:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
France bwinner
Howdah
Donator 01

Post by bwinner »

really ? that's very Strange, I like to start huss as brit. Some people prefere to start pike/lb because pike or musk because inf come fast enought to counter the 5 cos, but I think russian have no effiecient counter to huss, so that's good to have some and I think that's the most standart start.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

id like to start musk on tp maps, as russia likes to get a tp with the 400w so they cant afford strelet production. However i would mix in a stable early with the 700w.
No Flag Nathan_Drake98
Crossbow

Post by Nathan_Drake98 »

Either do the 700g build with 1rax+1stable and outmass them, or timing with lb/pike/huss.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Sigh, how many times must i show u guys how its done?!
No Flag farran34
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by farran34 »

Just play it standard and scout well. Start 5 cossack see if you can get a vill or at least get him off hunts, DONT get caught. After raiding try to see how fast of a timing he is going for to break your fb and tune your build to holding that timing. (If he sends 700gd or gets a lot of military out early expect a faster timing ext.). This mu is literally 90% about timings and predicting because if you hold the timing they will run out of hunts soon and late colonial russia wins
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

What I mostly do is : in age 1, get an early market+hunt dogs if you have 200w 600f or 100w 100g 600f start, with some nice treasures to help (50g, 40w...). Otherwise do nothing. Ship the wood trickle, age up with 400w and 14 vils.

During transition : if you already have a market, get placer mines ; if you don't, chop for a market and get hunt dogs, and no placer mines. Then get 250w for a bh, and put all vils to food except 4/5 to coin. You will build the bh with 1 vil only, on a nice spot (with food/coin, between the middle of the map and brit's base). You don't need to have bh up when you hit colonial, just have it up for the 5 cossacks.

When you hit colonial, ship 5 cossacks in the bh. From 400w age up, get steel traps, a TP and 1 house. Also get placer mines if you didn't have it already. With the wood trickle, you should soon be able to build a 2nd house. Make 5 musks as soon as you can, but without ever stopping vils production. Keep making musks after this.
Next shipment is 700w. Build a 2nd blockhouse from it, and 2 houses or so. Here, 2 possibilities : you can want to musks semi, or to stay colonial. If you musks semi, keep the remaining wood for later. If you stay colonial, build a stable from it, and use the remaining wood + wood trickle to get a few strelets out and/or some houses.

You then ship 700g. If brit is passive and you want to age up, then do it, but it's risky cause you'll have only like 15-20 musks. If brit is not passive but you still want to age up, you can ship 600g for more musks before age up, or 700f/600g for musks spam before age up. During transition to age 3, keep making some musks, and when you hit age 3 get veterancy for your musketeers and ship 2 falcs. You will probably have some spare wood for 1-2 houses as well. If brit pushes you when he sees you age it should be too late because he can't really kill musks + 2 falcs behind bh. If he pushes earlier though, you might have to ship falcs in your base.
If you want to stay colo, use the gold to get cossacks + musks out at the same time, and then ship 4 cos or 13 strelets for the timing, and push his hunts/defend his push.

Of course, whenever you get pushed, you can ship a military shipment to hold the fb, regardless of your build.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..