_H2O's Chinese Build

United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

H20's Chinese Build

Post by Durokan »

ovi12 wrote:
paul wrote:pisols rape coyote easily :) i mean pistol not rifle
lol that sounds like it actually could be good, but I think those things are like 7 pop each.
A 5 goon semi ff for china could work well on arizona with the apache natives
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

H20's Chinese Build

Post by momuuu »

h2o wrote:yea probably, but I also could have done the age up way better.

Also correctly played aztec should win that MU everytime no matter what wonder you pick so its kinda not worth discussing that one :D
So, whenever you feel like you should have gone for skirm age up, you probably shouldn''t have picked China in the first place?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

H20's Chinese Build

Post by _H2O »

correct!
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

H20's Chinese Build

Post by deleted_user0 »

There is no point to pick china in a tournament setting if you look at it from a rational perspective. Its just emotional and psychological as well as a practical choice (which doesnt mean its a bad one)

But really any mu china can win, i feel there is atleast 5 civs who can are a safer bet. So ye... Which is also why i was so surprised u played china at all, and especially vs azzy which just feels like a hopeless mu if the other plays right. Which bs did fine till he over committed to kill a village
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

H20's Chinese Build

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

China is fun, and H2O knows this civ very well.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

H20's Chinese Build

Post by Mimsy for President »

This build order requires skill. Not everyone can do that.
France iNcog
Ninja

H20's Chinese Build

Post by iNcog »

good thread, love it

agree that we need replays though, not necessarily vods since they serve a different purpose, imo. vods are good for working on mechanics and I'd say replays are better if you want strategical analysis
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

H20's Chinese Build

Post by _H2O »

Agree with that point. I may just do a quick replay vs a bot to show how it works in harassed.

When harassed it's a whole different ball game really. You learn those strategic choices through experience
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

H20's Chinese Build

Post by zoom »

This deck! I can't...
No Flag janphilippr
Crossbow

H20's Chinese Build

Post by janphilippr »

I like the BO but I kind of want to see it in action does anyone have a VOD or replay of this strat being used?
France iNcog
Ninja

H20's Chinese Build

Post by iNcog »

I think that I've seen el_pistolero do this, as well as optimus prime

check out their vods: http://eso-community.net/page/streamers-list
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

H20's Chinese Build

Post by Nymphomaniac »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE5Cl2sb6Zw

_H2O vs Samwise12 china and german mirrors..
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

H20's Chinese Build

Post by edeholland »

cerebralassasin wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE5Cl2sb6Zw

Patch?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

H20's Chinese Build

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

cerebralassasin wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rE5Cl2sb6Zw

Too old, it is outdated.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

H20's Chinese Build

Post by Marco1698 »

I don't see the mistake to put chu ko no on second age tbh. It's nice to defend from rush
South Africa mGravitus
Musketeer

Re: H20's Chinese Build

Post by mGravitus »

Some quick questions on this guide..

Durokan wrote:Build the Porcelain Tower with one villager in your base

Why 1 vil, instead of 4?

Durokan wrote:At 90 house pop you can start using the village tech to improve population space if you are not ready to build a house
If you build villages after that you get 25 population each, so it is better to build them instead of researching the upgrade.

This was a bit unclear to me so is this correct?
Village Stats
Village = 20 pop.
6 Village build limit.
4 upgrades (200w). Each upgrade increases village pop space by 5. So at max a village = 40 pop.

Here is the optimum build order (priorotize villages in case of tie as they provide garrision points + drop points+ Refugee Shipment).

Build Order
4 villages. At this point an upgrade = a new village in terms of pop space... so
5 villages. (Villages still providing 20 pop each)
Upgrade Number 1. (Villages now provide 25 pop each)
6 Villages.
Rest of upgrades.

3. Vods of China Tournament play?
Anyone have links? : D
Searching the ESOCTV uTube channel doesnt work so well...
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

mGravitus wrote:Some quick questions on this guide..

Durokan wrote:Build the Porcelain Tower with one villager in your base

Why 1 vil, instead of 4?

Durokan wrote:At 90 house pop you can start using the village tech to improve population space if you are not ready to build a house
If you build villages after that you get 25 population each, so it is better to build them instead of researching the upgrade.

This was a bit unclear to me so is this correct?
Village Stats
Village = 20 pop.
6 Village build limit.
4 upgrades (200w). Each upgrade increases village pop space by 5. So at max a village = 40 pop.

Here is the optimum build order (priorotize villages in case of tie as they provide garrision points + drop points+ Refugee Shipment).

Build Order
4 villages. At this point an upgrade = a new village in terms of pop space... so
5 villages. (Villages still providing 20 pop each)
Upgrade Number 1. (Villages now provide 25 pop each)
6 Villages.
Rest of upgrades.

3. Vods of China Tournament play?
Anyone have links? : D
Searching the ESOCTV uTube channel doesnt work so well...

Edit: I guess it was mistyped in the guide :/

Sorry for not really being able to answer any questions definitively about this. D:
This isn't my guide to play china; it is _H2O's from a while ago, which I probably edited for grammar. If you flag him down by mentioning him with the "at" symbol, he can probably help you out.

My guess is as good as yours but aging with 4 vills instead of 1 will give you somewhere between 25-30s less time to age 3. (Because you aged that much faster) This may mess with timings of some sort, such as shipments coming in/not having enough resources/shipment progress upon aging, alerting your opponent to your age time earlier than possible, wasting about a minute of time each on those 3 villagers where they could have been gathering something else, etc.

Having never played this build, I would guess that it is a combination of not having a shipment ready and having less resources upon aging than is ideal. It is wasteful to age up 30s faster when you have to wait those 30s anyways for a shipment, especially when those villagers could have been gathering during that 30s time.

2) I will attempt to clarify your second question. It is probably pretty much what you are saying. In the build, when you have four houses, upgrading the four gives the same population as having a total of five houses for the same cost. Because of this, it is acceptable to upgrade your 4 houses IF you are not ready to build the fifth yet. This could be for a number of reasons, but I would guess it is because a fifth house lets you have an extra garrison point, extra shipment location, a better spread of buildings (losing one house in a situation is better when you have 5*20 as opposed to 4*25; you will have 80 instead of 75). It also will give an extra villager (and goat?) if you send the age 3 refugee card while the house upgrade doesn't.

The second part of the statement you question assumes that you have upgraded your four houses instead of building the fifth. On this assumption, you would have 4*25 = 100, so it makes more sense to build the fifth house on your next 200w amount than to upgrade again because you will have 5*25 = 125 instead of 4*30 = 120.

Something to also note that I didn't really say is that anything in italics are my own understanding or extra thoughts I offered to clarify when editing. For instance the quote at the top was taken from some china discussion thread and did not make sense without the italicized context.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

VOD of defending you pmed me.

55:13. https://youtu.be/qPloPmOIkEc

Age3 wonder is built with 4 Vils not one.

The house thing. If you need population quickly the tech comes in way faster than building another one. Once you can get 25 from either building the next house or the tech you do it for sure. At 20 it's a matter of either you need the pop space quickly or you don't.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

ESOC Business Team
Donator 06

Post by _H2O »

For the record that VOD was a casual smackdown. Certain people were quite salty after g2 and decided to go for the hard counter. I wouldn't expose yourself to that situation in a tournament. Which is why I have the comments about 8ckn or the flying crow wonder. I broke both those "rules" in this VOD. Both are useable if you end up in one of these match ups but honestly at the top level you should probably lose.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Im gong to disagree with you on this for once. 8 ckn or 9 pike are lifesaving cards for china in certain mu's and toghether with the acadamy allow china to (easily) win mus theyd otherwise lose. If you know exactly when to tower and when to acadamy, i think china only loses potentially 1-3 mus with optimal play on both sides.

8 bow/9 pike or 300ex + acadamy age will let you beat india, spain, otto, agressive brit/france, it will hold vs any agressive civ tbh and it allows quick agression ala spain ff vs semi ff civs.
Italy arcangelusregis
Skirmisher

Post by arcangelusregis »

the strats made by Ryan are viable if u are Ryan . If u can't micro vills like he does and be greedy as him u should always put ckn and pikes in ur deck imo. i've seen him gathering food and gold while having an army under his tc trying to raid, dealing with that only with micro and the summer palace first batch. i just couldn't do like him and i need those shipments even if i know his bo is way better. it's like i'm watching those japanese people who show u how easy Dark Souls is thorough playing all the game on hell mode with the character wearing only underwear and holding a pike .
One day i'll be Colonel, you will play with me, and you'll lose
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

umeu wrote:Im gong to disagree with you on this for once. 8 ckn or 9 pike are lifesaving cards for china in certain mu's and toghether with the acadamy allow china to (easily) win mus theyd otherwise lose. If you know exactly when to tower and when to acadamy, i think china only loses potentially 1-3 mus with optimal play on both sides.

8 bow/9 pike or 300ex + acadamy age will let you beat india, spain, otto, agressive brit/france, it will hold vs any agressive civ tbh and it allows quick agression ala spain ff vs semi ff civs.

yea especially if you age 1 tp, you can send the extra millitary shipment without sacrificing 700w.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

umeu wrote:Im gong to disagree with you on this for once. 8 ckn or 9 pike are lifesaving cards for china in certain mu's and toghether with the acadamy allow china to (easily) win mus theyd otherwise lose. If you know exactly when to tower and when to acadamy, i think china only loses potentially 1-3 mus with optimal play on both sides.

agree. also, china doesnt need 10 industrial shipments at all. without 8bow 9pike and 8 arquebusier you just CAN'T beat some rush.
however i didnt' get your point about "spain". should china send 8bow 9pike to deal with spain ff? :ohmy:
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I think at some points it's about the zuta more stuff principle. So if you can time you 8 bow or more like 9 pike + skirms from academy + mm you can break almost anything.

I like 9 against Spain piro style as well to kill his forward tower.
mad cuz bad