Why is sioux the worst civ in the game?

Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Re: Why is sioux the worst civ in the game?

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

umeu wrote:hardly, and it was the first time i tried so i made some mistakes. if i just make some army before age5 i dont see how he can break my walls.
thought Dutch wins that mu
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:
umeu wrote:hardly, and it was the first time i tried so i made some mistakes. if i just make some army before age5 i dont see how he can break my walls.
thought Dutch wins that mu

they probably do, spain also beats otto, yet h2o lost to rapha in that mu. doesnt really mean much.
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon
ESO: Akechi_Mitsuhide

Post by Akechi_Mitsuhide »

How can Sioux be the worst civ on RE, if H2O had no answer to BSOP's Sioux in Spring finals?
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Akechi Mitsuhide wrote:How can Sioux be the worst civ on RE, if H2O had no answer to BSOP's Sioux in Spring finals?

good point
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Akechi Mitsuhide wrote:How can Sioux be the worst civ on RE, if H2O had no answer to BSOP's Sioux in Spring finals?

he lost only 1 game to sioux beside the sioux mirror. He lost because he doesnt want to do stuff such as 10/10 or sepoy rush which easily beat sioux. instead he tried to play defensive and thats not the best way to play vs sioux. for example people say spain is a good civ to pick vs dutch and its an easy win for spain, but if you go spain pike rush and lose to dutch, then you cant really claim it as an counter example. every civ can lose a mu that its favored in by playing the wrong way.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

deleted_user wrote:Yeah I've beaten Raph's sioux 2/2 I'll volunteer as competitor.

They are competing to play as sioux, not against it lol
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:

he lost only 1 game to sioux beside the sioux mirror. He lost because he doesnt want to do stuff such as 10/10 or sepoy rush which easily beat sioux. instead he tried to play defensive and thats not the best way to play vs sioux. for example people say spain is a good civ to pick vs dutch and its an easy win for spain, but if you go spain pike rush and lose to dutch, then you cant really claim it as an counter example. every civ can lose a mu that its favored in by playing the wrong way.

In nagayumi vs blackstar they played india vs sioux both ways, and each one did some sepoy rush stuff and lost.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

In the first game nagayumi did 10/10 and then shipped 600wood foreign logging and didnt make enough units to be able to siege blackstar's buildings. The game was very close though and it could have gone either way imo. I dont really think sioux can do a lot against the consulate build though, unless you are very op at vill microing and shipment/unit pop times
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

tedere12 wrote:In the first game nagayumi did 10/10 and then shipped 600wood foreign logging and didnt make enough units to be able to siege blackstar's buildings. The game was very close though and it could have gone either way imo. I dont really think sioux can do a lot against the consulate build though, unless you are very op at vill microing and shipment/unit pop times

I think blackstar did a 12 sepoy rush tho
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

dont remember, but sioux cant beat a sepoy rush or a jan rush really.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

ovi12 wrote:
tedere12 wrote:In the first game nagayumi did 10/10 and then shipped 600wood foreign logging and didnt make enough units to be able to siege blackstar's buildings. The game was very close though and it could have gone either way imo. I dont really think sioux can do a lot against the consulate build though, unless you are very op at vill microing and shipment/unit pop times

I think blackstar did a 12 sepoy rush tho

he did base agra 600w 300 export and age with 600 coin
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Soiux can hold a slow agra Sepoy rush, I don't think they can hold a cons timing though, and definitely not Jan rush
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

a cons timing is beatable tbh, and slow agra 12 sepoy rush can be held, but im not sure if sioux can survive the follow up if its decent. however, a 10/10 sepoy rush just cant be stopped, for the same reasons as a jan rush.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

1010 is ez, just go fast age up. Since 1010 eco also sux Sioux are fine without 400w.
I'd say India has the long term advantage but the outcome changes game by game depending on the starting conditions, treasures, map, etc.
Image Image Image
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
IAmSoldieR wrote:Sometime in the next week we should do my Sioux vs all ur civs youme

I think that might be a bit too overconfident lol good luck vs brits and french

Im not saying im going to win all, hell I don't even remember most builds that you need to do, but I'm sure I'd win at least half mu's
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

IAmSoldieR wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:
IAmSoldieR wrote:Sometime in the next week we should do my Sioux vs all ur civs youme

I think that might be a bit too overconfident lol good luck vs brits and french

Im not saying im going to win all, hell I don't even remember most builds that you need to do, but I'm sure I'd win at least half mu's

sure ill take those odds. I bet you wont win more than 3 games and they will be caused by cheese, mapscrew and missplay. 1 each. most likely u will lose 7-0 and stop halfway.

come bite me, soulja boy :kinggreen:
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

Rofl
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Grudge matchhh
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

@ovi12 stream??
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon

umeu wrote:

Yeah, but H2O said in the interview that he didn't know what to do against Sioux. You might have a point that he played too defensively which is something I dont know cause I'm not a pro.
Still, he played the Sioux mirror because he didn't know what else to play against Sioux.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

yes thats because he never took sioux seriously and therefore never figured out how to beat them. im not saying its easy to beat sioux, in fact its very hard and very boring for many civs, but at the same time if you do it right it should never not work.
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon

Thanks @umeu for this more detailed explanation. I just always wonder why so many strong players heavily dislike Sioux. Are they really that one-dimensional and boring?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

sioux is the most imbalanced civ in aoe3. too strong in cav/fight, too weak in eco/defending.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Akechi Mitsuhide wrote:Thanks @umeu for this more detailed explanation. I just always wonder why so many strong players heavily dislike Sioux. Are they really that one-dimensional and boring?

Theyre one dimensional in the sense that you can only really win by military victory and there are few viable strats that are very different. Theyre fun to play though, but not very fun to play against
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

@soldier tomorrow?