Why is sioux the worst civ in the game?

China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: Why is sioux the worst civ in the game?

Post by fei123456 »

i've played with nayuki 4 years ago for many times. i played sioux and he go dutch hero card, walls 3tc cm fort tower fi, mercenaries. on water maps he may go water too.
i was a noob then, long before i read goodspeed's guide. all i know is to send units, siege raid etc. no eco, no stagecoach.
however i still has about 50-50 winrate. also in quicksearch i can't use trading post victory, or it may become 70-30 imo.
could umeu be 5 times better than nayuki in defending? i doubt that.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Yes trading post victory would be the only way for sioux to win, but as you said, its not the case in qs and imo shouldnt be part of the game anyway

But im totally cool showing you how its done on summer hudson bay or sagunay as dutch vs sioux. Doubt id lose a game.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

i remembered 2 games with him. on mongolia i siege siege siege, and boom at the same time, go age 4, 4tp train. but i can't use monopoly (tp victory?) on qs! and he won at last: but after 30 minutes.
another one on new england. i totally destroyed his land, and he moved to island, train tons of culverin, and tower fort etc. we both go age 5 and i have 3* better eco than him: but as you know i can't win by 7 tps on qs again. the game last for 2 hours, and he quited at last, so i still won :)
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

umeu wrote:Yes trading post victory would be the only way for sioux to win, but as you said, its not the case in qs and imo shouldnt be part of the game anyway

But im totally cool showing you how its done on summer hudson bay or sagunay as dutch vs sioux. Doubt id lose a game.

nope. though his defending is great, i still destroyed his defending for some times, and nearly did that in other games.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Well ye, thats how it would go, but dutch can just raid while sioux cant make walls. I admit, if there was trade monopoly in qs, sioux could win about half the mus
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Couprider wrote:i've played with nayuki 4 years ago for many times. i played sioux and he go dutch hero card, walls 3tc cm fort tower fi, mercenaries. on water maps he may go water too.
i was a noob then, long before i read goodspeed's guide. all i know is to send units, siege raid etc. no eco, no stagecoach.
however i still has about 50-50 winrate. also in quicksearch i can't use trading post victory, or it may become 70-30 imo.

Nayuki is terrible though
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

britishmusketeer wrote:
Couprider wrote:i've played with nayuki 4 years ago for many times. i played sioux and he go dutch hero card, walls 3tc cm fort tower fi, mercenaries. on water maps he may go water too.

Nayuki is terrible though

nayuki is an annoying guy indeed, but he is really skilled in his dark side tricks, you know.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:
pecelot wrote:
Show hidden quotes

could you, you know, explain?
Explain what?

your statement?
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

pecelot wrote:
DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:
Show hidden quotes
Explain what?

your statement?
Can't have a serious discussion with an angry person. When I was mad I used to say iro lose to brit lol
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Resign vs nayuki on water maps, he will crush any of your expectations to win, and make you feel trash, after getting trashed in a minimum time 30 minute game
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Im not angry, im very serious.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

@DaRkNiTe1698 , you actually can! And, as you can see, he claimed he was not mad. What is your point then? Because other than that I can't see any reasonable arguments from you bringing anything to the discussion.
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Well okay, you think Sioux is the worst civ, I think not. We have different opinions about this.
China fei123456
Jaeger

Post by fei123456 »

i'd be glad to challenge umeu's 4 wall fast imperial with sioux at sometime. would tomorrow 14-15 gmt be ok?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

No, has to be after christmas. In 5 days or so
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:Well okay, you think Sioux is the worst civ, I think not. We have different opinions about this.

Great you have reached that conclusion! Now you can justify your opinion and peacefully discuss it!
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Couprider wrote:i'd be glad to challenge umeu's 4 wall fast imperial with sioux at sometime. would tomorrow 14-15 gmt be ok?

I don't think nayuki's land is a reference, only his water is good as far as I know. Maybe it was 4 years ago, didn't play him at the time. Sioux can't win vs walls or water even with siege dance and TPs, that's the conclusion I reached from playing them. They are still fun to play tho, on RE obviously
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Yeah theyre fun to play, specially because people dont know how to win vs them and cry many salty tears
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

I'd say Re Sioux beat or are even with: spain iro aztec dutch Brit port russia. Tough matchups but winnable are jap India China otto. Really hard: french get.

And if the opponent does not know how to take fights, then all matchups are even or sioux favored.

The tricky part with playing them is knowing the slightly or largely different builds and card orders necessary for nearly each matchup
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Now we need a sioux match up and bo guide from soldier.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

But its also fun watching people cry salty tears about sioux being bad
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Great Britain Jeedos
Musketeer
ESO: GodofSquishy

Post by Jeedos »

Assuming this is RE Patch, you couldn't be more wrong. Sioux are fine.
'I meme so' - British Longbowman.

Favourite civs; Dutch/Spanish.
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon
ESO: Nightwing

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

Well what are the civs that best counter Sioux and with which units?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

IAmSoldieR wrote:I'd say Re Sioux beat or are even with: spain iro aztec dutch Brit port russia. Tough matchups but winnable are jap India China otto. Really hard: french get.

And if the opponent does not know how to take fights, then all matchups are even or sioux favored.

The tricky part with playing them is knowing the slightly or largely different builds and card orders necessary for nearly each matchup

Nah, just wrong. THe fact that you even list ports in sioux good mus shows me you have no clue here. As that is the easiest mu for port there is. And brits beats sioux super easy as well. Russia wins easy too if properly played, in fact they do better than ger for sure. Iro otto india can both beat sioux in 10 minutes on a normal map. China and japan crush sioux. Dutch should too.

Spain isprobay the best mu for sioux, and indeed the only one im not sure of if they lose.

You might have missed the hunt part, ofc on ozarks sioux can be hard to beat, but not on saguenay when u just have some decent spawn