Age 1 Cards without Villagers

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Age 1 Cards without Villagers

Post by pecelot »

I clearly said you shouldn't send it on Siberia. Mongol Rider is the one you recover from a treasure in your base on Mongolia, he has melee attack of 5. I don't know why boxing doesn't work, could you explain? Also you can crackshot one-by-one, watching the treasure not to be stolen.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think siberia's treasures are honestly overrated. Its not comparable to yukon at all.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

pecelot wrote:I clearly said you shouldn't send it on Siberia. Mongol Rider is the one you recover from a treasure in your base on Mongolia, he has melee attack of 5. I don't know why boxing doesn't work, could you explain? Also you can crackshot one-by-one, watching the treasure not to be stolen.

It doesn't really wotk because there are at least 2x of those shooting guys. If you crackshot one-by-one I fear that you might lose Age I because you have not been able to scout your back hunt/mine etc as you have to stay in range.

Jerom wrote: I think siberia's treasures are honestly overrated. Its not comparable to yukon at all.

Depends on the spawn. if you abel to get 85w, 110w, 150c, 195f I'd send it.
There are also really shit spawns on yukon.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I mean, you can get 85w anyways and then youre basically shipping 320w or sth in terms of villager seconds with the risk of not actually getting those.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

True that. But you also have the dog. Denies potential TP booms, herding, secures FB and acts as an extra cossack.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

You don't have to do that in age 1. It's highly likely your opponent will just leave it alone, you may come later after you did your obligatory things, like scouting, TP building etc.
Netherlands EscalonOne
Crossbow
ESO: Escalon

Post by EscalonOne »

Portuguese is very situational.

Eco theory or furrier can minimize the gap between porto eco vs civ that sends vills so that u enter age2 less further behind. On the other hand the 700g/700w are much more valuable at that point in the game so i would usually vouch for that.

IMO colonial militia shouldnt be sent as a first shipment, better to save it untill u actually see the agression. For example, when u get age2 sent 700g/700w and if u see agression u can still switch while they are being shipped.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

300w is always an option for civs without vill shipments. I think port 10/10 with 300w and 500f age up might be a fun/cheesy strat. Explorer card is a good counter to atp as well. Can be good on high tp maps vs port or maybe Spain. VC is possible for Brit. Schooners also works for all civs who get it.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Has anyone used the explorer card to deny atp ever? I wanted to see that strategy, seems quite interesting xD

No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

macacoalbino wrote:Has anyone used the explorer card to deny atp ever? I wanted to see that strategy, seems quite interesting xD

There is a guy that always does a turtle mercenary fi with dutch and ships the dog first, usually to deny my bh as russia. Map was new england and I sent atp with 17 vill ageup, he killed my explorer before i finished 2nd TP. He revived tho and i finished my tp line quickly after the ageup
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

Are you talking about Chicken Heart? I've seen that guy already, he always does this weird strat lol.
But I meant someone at higher pr on a somewhat serious match like a smackdown or something

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

The thing is, why would you use it to deny opponent's ATP if you can send ATP yourself :hmm:
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

pecelot wrote:The thing is, why would you use it to deny opponent's ATP if you can send ATP yourself :hmm:

Because you can deny atp and still rush fast plus you have a beefy explorer/doggy for treasures and early colo fights. Very situational but as Russia vs port on an atp map this seems pretty obvious to me, especially since a lot of players won't actually expect it.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

macacoalbino wrote:Has anyone used the explorer card to deny atp ever? I wanted to see that strategy, seems quite interesting xD
I saw @breeze sending Navigator on High Plains against yurashic's Spain iirc
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

sdsanft wrote:
pecelot wrote:The thing is, why would you use it to deny opponent's ATP if you can send ATP yourself :hmm:

Because you can deny atp and still rush fast plus you have a beefy explorer/doggy for treasures and early colo fights. Very situational but as Russia vs port on an atp map this seems pretty obvious to me, especially since a lot of players won't actually expect it.

I'd rather agree, but still as Russia I guess you can send ATP, which on a map like High Plains would secure you — let's say — 2 TPs for certain, while the rest you could possibly take with an early colonial aggression.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah

Post by macacoalbino »

for the lolz? :hehe:

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Attachments
images.jpg
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

pecelot wrote:You don't have to do that in age 1. It's highly likely your opponent will just leave it alone, you may come later after you did your obligatory things, like scouting, TP building etc.

I never said that it is a must-go. Just viable depending on the spawn.