Good strategy or deck for rush :)

Sweden antonhbk
Crossbow
ESO: antonhbk

Good strategy or deck for rush :)

Post by antonhbk »

Hi! Just started play again after a long brake. At the moment I play with britain a lot. But I also like to play with Turkey, Germany, Holland, India, France. I was real sharp with the French novadays but I think they are hard to play with atm. I have of course forgotten my different strategies but Britain works fine atm and my deck is quite decent. But I would really appreciate some advice on maybe decks for britain or other nations or other strategies that can make me have a good economy and still be able to rush. :smile:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Good strategy or deck for rush :)

Post by tedere12 »

yesh! britain can have good economy while rushing. You definitely need 5 villagers 700 wood 600 wood 700 coin, musketeer upgrades and I highly suggest you to also include 700 food, 6 musketeers and 600 gold/cavalry hitpoints. So the plan is you age with 500 food or tower +200 coin and build a forward barracks from the wood you gathered in the transition to the age up. You ship 700 wood and build another barracks or a stable and some manor houses that give extra villagers. Now you train musketeers for barracks and hussar for stables. Then you can ship 600 wood to maybe add longbows or build more houses and then gold for hussars/food for musketeers or extra musketeers or even villagers
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

^
antonhbk wrote:Turkey

just saying ^_^

You can always check top players' decks on ESO. It's highly recommendable to familiarise yourself with the look of those to have a nice basis for your future choices. For instance, with that you can conclude which cards seem to be necessary, as they appear in every or almost every iteration, and which not. Generally, though, for a „rush" deck you certainly need unit shipments along with efficient resource crates and some army upgrades. E.g. 700 food is not always a first pick, but it may help you produce many units quickly as many civs, like the Ottomans with the Janissary aggression. If you're planning to mass Musketeers as the British, for example, make sure to include both of the musk upgrades.
No Flag bugattivitesse
Skirmisher

Post by bugattivitesse »

Germany can have a strong Crossbow Pikeman supplemented by Uhlan rush. I do 2 SW, 700 W, 9 Xbows, 600 W, 3 SW BO and it is pretty strong. Not very fast tho.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

always put mamelukes in port decks. always.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Check the strategy wall for British Muskets. Very reliable and flexible strat that is easy to pull off.
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

It's kinda gimmicky and shouldn't work above 1st Lieutenant but Here's my French all in villager rush:

I try to get this attack going in under 6 minutes. BO is 3 CdB -> 4 CdB -> Pioneers.

Age up with 400w, build a barracks and 2 houses. Get a market and the villager upgrades.

Build 15-20 Musks (throw in 5 pikes if you like) and Attack the moment you send Pioneers. Send ALL your CdBs

Edit- trying to come up with a slightly slower variation involving ATP, natives, and wildnerness warfare. Havent tried it out yet.
Sweden antonhbk
Crossbow

Post by antonhbk »

Thanks for all the support. I will make sure to try to find the top list of players, that was kind of an idea I had but I did not investigate the possibilities to do it :) I will make sure to look at different countries as well since I think it's fun to play with other countries, to bad that they did not make another expansion with Sweden cause those military that are in the game I remember to be pretty good. I will remember the mamelukes and will se if I can find that strategy wall for the British Muskets. Thanks all! :)
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

antonhbk wrote:Thanks for all the support. I will make sure to try to find the top list of players, that was kind of an idea I had but I did not investigate the possibilities to do it :) I will make sure to look at different countries as well since I think it's fun to play with other countries, to bad that they did not make another expansion with Sweden cause those military that are in the game I remember to be pretty good. I will remember the mamelukes and will se if I can find that strategy wall for the British Muskets. Thanks all! :)

Napoleonic Era mod has Sweden and they are a pretty good civ. I think Wars of Liberty mod too has plans to add them. I remember hearing Sweden were originally going to be in AOE3
Sweden antonhbk
Crossbow

Post by antonhbk »

CelticCrusader wrote:
antonhbk wrote:Thanks for all the support. I will make sure to try to find the top list of players, that was kind of an idea I had but I did not investigate the possibilities to do it :) I will make sure to look at different countries as well since I think it's fun to play with other countries, to bad that they did not make another expansion with Sweden cause those military that are in the game I remember to be pretty good. I will remember the mamelukes and will se if I can find that strategy wall for the British Muskets. Thanks all! :)

Napoleonic Era mod has Sweden and they are a pretty good civ. I think Wars of Liberty mod too has plans to add them. I remember hearing Sweden were originally going to be in AOE3

I know they are in the Napoleonic Era, never had the time to try it out thou! But I will download it and try it out soon. Are the mods good overall?

Too bad that they did not implement them in the real game :( The Swedish empire was pretty successful and big during a period.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

CurassierAndCurassier wrote:It's kinda gimmicky and shouldn't work above 1st Lieutenant but Here's my French all in villager rush:

I try to get this attack going in under 6 minutes. BO is 3 CdB -> 4 CdB -> Pioneers.

Age up with 400w, build a barracks and 2 houses. Get a market and the villager upgrades.

Build 15-20 Musks (throw in 5 pikes if you like) and Attack the moment you send Pioneers. Send ALL your CdBs

Edit- trying to come up with a slightly slower variation involving ATP, natives, and wildnerness warfare. Havent tried it out yet.

ATP is not necessarily viable as the French. Also, if you CDB rush, you should rather leave around 4 of them in your base for further villager production. Moreover, I'd rather send do something like 4 CDBs -> 700w -> Pioneers. :idea:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

antonhbk wrote:
CelticCrusader wrote:

I know they are in the Napoleonic Era, never had the time to try it out thou! But I will download it and try it out soon. Are the mods good overall?

Too bad that they did not implement them in the real game :( The Swedish empire was pretty successful and big during a period.

The swedish play like the Russians, but with much stronger and costly units. (Torp is like a blockhouse/house hybrid that trains many units and gives wood trickle as long as it's alive). They also get copper cannons which are good vs cavalry and infantry. They can also buy coin mines for food iirc, and their hero gets pretty strong with the cards. Iirc, their muskets get around 80 damage and 500 HP after all upgrades, and they get drabants. Downside is villager limit I think.
Error 404: Signature not found
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

pecelot wrote:
CurassierAndCurassier wrote:It's kinda gimmicky and shouldn't work above 1st Lieutenant but Here's my French all in villager rush:

ATP is not necessarily viable as the French. Also, if you CDB rush, you should rather leave around 4 of them in your base for further villager production. Moreover, I'd rather send do something like 4 CDBs -> 700w -> Pioneers. :idea:

I wouldn't keep anyone home. If that rush fails, you aren't gonna come back from that. Unless it BARELY fails, in which case the extra villagers probably would've made it a success
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I recommend the C-Rush or flail rush as India. It involves making all the vills you can with starting wood then moving vills to food until you have enough to age up. Just before 800f get a vill moving forward to build an agra fort that will age you up. You can keep the vill working on the agra or you can choose to use the vill to herd back hunts ect. Back home when you aging move 4 vils to wood and keep settler production going. Try to find some good gold treasures and if you can't move some vills to gold. Once in age 2 start making sepoys from the agra fort. This is where some style comes in. You have to gauge where your opponent is at with respec to military buildup. Sometimes it can be good to ship 2 flail elephents as fast as possible and sometimes it's best to soften em up first with infantry. The actual attack involves targeting houses and military buildings. If you face China, it's really great if you can siege down villages. It's crucial not over commit under the tc and take tons of damage from say a minutemen/xbow silmultaneous pop. I should mention all the while you keep making sepoys or sometimes gurkah and sending them in. With this strat vs japan, if they use the big shrine as a wall, I like to flail it down because once you do the enemy will never be able to hit peak efficiency with their shrines again and you will get a nice xp payout. Many players don't recommend this however. If you're fighting a heavily fortified japan, it can be good to just use the flails to destroy clusters of shrines in a hurry first.

I say this strat should easily get you to pr 20. Beyond that, players tend to respond much faster. I have however taken down captains with this strat due to some effective micro so it's fun to experiment with.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

@evilcheadar
I Guess you could say it is a...cheese start
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

CurassierAndCurassier wrote:
pecelot wrote:

I wouldn't keep anyone home. If that rush fails, you aren't gonna come back from that. Unless it BARELY fails, in which case the extra villagers probably would've made it a success

Gotta leave at least one behind in case you have to ship crates after the timing

Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

Play Iroquois, big button tomahawk rush GG.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... uois+rush+