SirMusket Beginners Guide to EP -British-

Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

SirMusket Beginners Guide to EP -British-

Post by sirmusket »

With the thriving ESOC community, and the increase in popularity of the latest ESOC fan patch, what better time than now to release a guide for beginners or just anyone looking to familiarise themselves with each civilisation’s pros and cons. Moreover the new changes to each civilisation resulting in a much different Meta, then we were used to on the RE patch. In this guide I will not be including the War Chief civilisations mainly due to me having little to no experience with them. Thus said I will touch on the fact, that Iroquois and Sioux have received nerf’s resulting in them not being “OP” as they were or better known as “broken” on the RE patch, some would even argue they are quite weak now. The Iroquois do not start with 200w so therefore cannot build an early TP as they once did, resulting in their rush no longer as strong, and the Sioux bow riders are significantly weaker now making it rather easy to counter their age II now, the Aztecs haven’t received any changes and have still shown to be a very good civilisation even on the EP, I will first introduce the civilisations, their pros and cons, the changes they have received through the ESOC patch, and viable strategies in each and every single matchup. I would like to add that some of my comments may be false, and I don’t suggest that what I am saying is completely true, my experience with a few civilisations aren’t as good as others. I won’t be writing a guide for each civ, but instead only about 6 of my better civilisations, hopefully you can take that into consideration when reading this guide. I will be releasing a new civilisation, each 3-4 days.
Also to add I won’t be going into detail of the exact age progressions, and what you should do in each age for some civilisations, just because of my limited knowledge on those civs, however the ones where I am more experienced I will provide more detailed explanations, and build orders/match ups. I would like to say this guide is typically written assuming it is for 1v1 play, however some of these builds can be used in a 2v2/3v3 and I don’t see why you can’t use a particular one unless it really doesn’t suit a team based strategy, furthermore I won’t be covering sea based play such as Kynesie and Boneng water style play, but ill touch on it if is a viable choice as a certain civ and in a certain MU, because of my lack in experience with that play style, so this guide will primarily be focused on the EP land maps.
My first civ of the week is the British, I hope you guys like it, also I will quickly note I didn't mention the abbreviations for some terms: LB= Longbow, Musk=Musketeer, Huss-Hussar, v= villager/settler, TC/TP= Town Centre, Trading Post, thanks again :), and by all means im not an expert I'm just trying to give an insight to new players who have yet to familiarise themselves with the ESOC patch :)
Attachments
SirMusket_Guide_EP_-British-.pdf
(307.32 KiB) Downloaded 1283 times
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Re: SirMusket Beginners Guide to EP -British-

Post by zoom »

Cool initiative – Goodspeed approves!
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

@sircallen time to level up your british gameplay
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

This is exactly what I needed to bring my Brit gameplay up to lt colonel.

Seriously though looks pretty good, keep me coming!
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

No BWKiC, no Aklak, no grens, no water — disappointed :sad:

sirmusket wrote:In this guide I will not be including the War Chief civilisations mainly due to me having little to no experience with them.

More like due to no high-quality consulate flags for them :uglylol:

sirmusket wrote:the Aztecs haven’t received any changes and have still shown to be a very good civilisation even on the EP

So basically like Brits, but you still skip them? :hmm:

[VC Boom]
Age I: 3 villagers to gather crates, 3 to gather food, age with ~14 or ~15 villagers any more than that would be too slow, however if you find a treasure ranging from 90f~140f either age with ~16 or just age with ~15 and be faster, up to you, and depends on MU.

I don't see how getting a big food treasure in age 1 may slow up your age-up time :hmm:

Lb/Pike aggressive start:
By all means not the best build because of how it effects your ability to age afterwards.
However because of how powerful longbows are versus civilisations like Dutch/Port the build is still viable.

I don't think every single strategy should be measured by its flexibility of aging up to Fortress later on. This one opts for early aggression while still booming a bit behind. Nevertheless, I don't see why you can't age after 700c at some point — you even kind of admits it later in the text.
It's the most common start vs Japan, too.
Moreover, I think if you start lb+pike you should look for adding huss pretty soon, ideally about your 4th age 2 shipment should be 700c. If you start with such an aggression, it's more common to add huss and go lb+huss+some pikes, not lb+huss+musk. Either way, huss are a must!

Not an easy MU for Spain, some would argue it’s even pretty hard and heavily Brit favoured.
I’m too experienced with this MU but based off my knowledge with British I’d have to say Hussar Start now I chose this over an lb/pike build being if Spain does age [...]

I think you meant „I'm not too experienced" :!:

Vs British: Musk/Tower Start
This is a no brainer, starting Hussars in a brit mirror is simply not viable

tfw you can't tag Cossack :(

Vs Russia: Stable start

diarouga told me once that it's bad cause you can't boom then. And what if Russ goes for musk heavy, having scouted your stable? :hmm: Nonetheless, I'm still more convinced to the stable start, but it's just me...

Vs Ottomans: VC LB/Pike/Standard LB/Pike

VC? and where are walls? :hmm:

Vs China: Aggressive LB/Pike//Musk/Huss

I guess you can also start with a stable and age up behind it with a good eco, something like 700w/600w/700c with a TP, you can be a bit slow but you can mass huss and lb in transition + send 5 huss and 10 lb after aging up.

Also, why not explain MUs vs TWC civs? :geek:
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

close to garjas azzy guide
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Very good guide! Though british beat china on EP.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

How can british beat china xbow pike?
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

tedere12 wrote:How can british beat china xbow pike?

They can beat their ff. Idk enough to have a definitive answer to xbow/pike
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

yeah idk, xbow pike is too strong
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Oh and I think it would be good if you talked about the tp+vc start, as that is a fairly common build nowadays if you are planning to semi-ff. Also I like the tp start if you do the cav build, as you can actually get away with only building 2 manors in transition b/c the 700w comes so early (you have almost or at 2 shipments ready when you reach colonial).
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

tedere12 wrote:How can british beat china xbow pike?

Musk Huss
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

It's time to bring the VC bomb:
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=5404

btw. I'm moving this thread to the strategy section and I'll pin it to the strategy wall
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Cool guide ... you've put a lot of work into that! :P

... I do have only one reservation which is with the quote "This is a no brainer, starting Hussars in a brit mirror is simply not viable"

... :hmm:
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

WickedCossack wrote:Cool guide ... you've put a lot of work into that! :P

... I do have only one reservation which is with the quote "This is a no brainer, starting Hussars in a brit mirror is simply not viable"

Well, I probably shouldn't have excluded it that badly :/, it probably is, if the map has really low hunt or something, but i still feel that you will get outmassed in musketeer numbers later on if you start Hussar, and if you try go raiding, he could probably siege your stable or something, it still is a viable strat, but i feel we havn't seen enough of it yet in tournaments to really say it is better or as good as starting musk :p
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

In the VS Spain section I said "im too experienced with his MU" I probs meant 'not too' XD
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Wicked's cav start in Brit mirror is good if you're good enough to make it work which I'd say most people are not.

If we consider this a guide for people 1st lt and under I wouldn't recommend it.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

ignored... :sad:
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

deleted_user wrote:Wicked's cav start in Brit mirror is good if you're good enough to make it work which I'd say most people are not.

If we consider this a guide for people 1st lt and under I wouldn't recommend it.

It works definitely, but I'm not sure yet, if its something you would 'prefer' over starting Musk, we have basically seen most times that players just start Musk, and slowly try taking slightly advantages, I'd rather mix huss later, when hunts start spreading out, but I'm not sure if its the best to do from the start, who knows, I'm sure someone at Colonel+ level like Cossack, has the macro/micro/APM to pull it off, but as you said, someone 1st lt to even Major I'd still question starting Huss over musk.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

pecelot wrote:

ignored... :sad:

I answered his question above..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

He ignored my identical words in my previous post, that's what I meant :!:
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

pecelot wrote:He ignored my identical words in my previous post, that's what I meant :!:

:P
Netherlands loloekie10
Skirmisher

Post by loloekie10 »

I'm disappionted you did not reveal the build order for ruyters as Brits in the guide.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

loloekie10 wrote:I'm disappionted you did not reveal the build order for ruyters as Brits in the guide.

did you want to write a brit guide for us? and show us
Netherlands loloekie10
Skirmisher

Post by loloekie10 »

sirmusket wrote:
loloekie10 wrote:I'm disappionted you did not reveal the build order for ruyters as Brits in the guide.

did you want to write a brit guide for us? and show us

No, why would I?