Tilly's Discipline + Military Drummers

Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Tilly's Discipline + Military Drummers

Post by milku3459 »

I remember someone did this with Highlanders in a tournament. Is sending Church card for Germans then getting military drummers for super fast infantry worth it/common? Is the German Church worth it in general?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Re: Tilly's Discipline + Military Drummers

Post by yemshi »

It is not. It's a trollbuild, especiallu used for dopps.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Yes, on yucatan i think (not sure) where you get speed boost from natives this will make your dopps op
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Try that with fusiliers. It can be fun

France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I think @Rikikipu did that in tourney iirc. It's something I do myself a lot when I go mercs.

Military drummers is a good upgrade, but it's just about, would you send AA or not ? AA is a card I don't have in any of my serious german 1v1 decks, for multiple reasons (you mostly go age 3 as germany so shipping an age 2 card is really bad, you mostly rely on cav which doesn't benefit so much from AA, and also germany doesn't really prepare for lategame, but tries to win earlier, because german lategame is bad anyway in 1v1). This card would be useful 1 game in 100 or less, it's just better to have a cav upgrade instead, for example. So here, you don't even want AA in your deck, and even if you have it, it's mostly bad to ship it.

Tilly's discipline is just an all in timing, basically. You spend a card (the church card) and 100w for your church, and get +20% speed after that on all your infantry units which are already on the field, for free. It's really not bad, if you have dops for example they will be much better. The problem is, every military you train after that will cost you +10% resources, which is why it's an all in timing : if you fail with your push, then you're really fucked. Either way, if you don't train dops, what's the point of +20% speed ? And in which match ups do you train dops ? And even then, is it really worth a slot in your deck, and to spend a card+100w ?

So it's mostly troll cards, do it with corsairs, fusiliers, swiss pikes etc, and enjoy. But don't do it in a serious game
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Does speed buff attack rate?
If only spain had tillys LOL
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Speed buff affects only the speed at which your unit moves
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

milku3459 wrote:I remember someone did this with Highlanders in a tournament. Is sending Church card for Germans then getting military drummers for super fast infantry worth it/common? Is the German Church worth it in general?

[video]https://youtu.be/RAJiEZit8PQ?t=1h1m35s[/video]
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Why even watch and listen to french people, it will just gave you cancer