aztec vs india

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

aztec vs india

Post by Garja »

zoom wrote:
garja wrote:Pls dont come arguing on 600w as aztecs if you didnt play 1k games with them =/
Regardless of my relative inexperience, my point is equally valid. If youre looking to attack fairly early, there is no way 600w is logically preferable to 10 Macehualtins. If you have some sort of actual argument Id love to hear it.
Ye but your point is totally vague as you can send unit at any moment depending on the build.
Im not going into build details, it would be dumb to give away info just before tourney.
Image Image Image
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

aztec vs india

Post by mnogud »

garja wrote:
zoom wrote:Regardless of my relative inexperience, my point is equally valid. If youre looking to attack fairly early, there is no way 600w is logically preferable to 10 Macehualtins. If you have some sort of actual argument Id love to hear it.
Ye but your point is totally vague as you can send unit at any moment depending on the build.
Im not going into build details, it would be dumb to give away info just before tourney.
np we have your guide just for that ')
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

aztec vs india

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

mnogud wrote:
garja wrote:Ye but your point is totally vague as you can send unit at any moment depending on the build.
np we have your guide just for that ')
outdated?
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

aztec vs india

Post by mnogud »

diarouga wrote:
mnogud wrote:np we have your guide just for that ')
outdated?
still useful... shows the strengths and weaknesses
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

aztec vs india

Post by Goodspeed »

zoom wrote:
diarouga wrote:Watch garja vs boneng, 700/10 is a rush, 700/600 is just a timing.
Firstly, please direct me to the specific game you are referring to. Secondly, did both players perform well in said game? Thirdly, regardless of everything, even so 10 mace would be the better shipment.
Its a timing. As long as you spend the entire 600 wood before you attack then it was a better card to send than 10 mace, after all its worth more vill seconds. Also, keep in mind that you are sending 10 mace either way so the actual card you should be comparing 600w to is 9 mace. 700w 600w 10 timing >' 700w 10 9 timing. Of course, if you want to attack earlier then 700 10 is better. Isnt this a nobrainer? Why are you arguing about this?
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

aztec vs india

Post by Papist »

incog wrote:really?

russia has always seemed a straightforward civ to me

hmm

then again i do''nt play a lot of russia

japan and china would be the hardest civs to macro, imo
All Russia does is send 700c in age 2 and spam musk/strelet/coss. Then they attack in mid colonial, preferably when the other guy is aging up. If that fails they lose. Or they go age 3 with a bunch of strelets and send Surovov Reforms.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France iNcog
Ninja

aztec vs india

Post by iNcog »

papist wrote:
incog wrote:really?

russia has always seemed a straightforward civ to me

hmm

then again i dont play a lot of russia

japan and china would be the hardest civs to macro, imo
All Russia does is send 700c in age 2 and spam musk/strelet/coss. Then they attack in mid colonial, preferably when the other guy is aging up. If that fails they lose. Or they go age 3 with a bunch of strelets and send Surovov Reforms.

that sounds too simple
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

aztec vs india

Post by zoom »

paul wrote:
zoom wrote:If the Indians ships Tiger Claws that early ?? let alone at all ?? you know hes either bad or just trolling.
sending tiger claw is the common strat of a chinese player who reached elo2600 pr41.
Please refer to "just trolling".
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

aztec vs india

Post by zoom »

diarouga wrote:
zoom wrote:Regardless of my relative inexperience, my point is equally valid. If youre looking to attack fairly early, there is no way 600w is logically preferable to 10 Macehualtins. If you have some sort of actual argument Id love to hear it.
Do you know what a timing is?
As russia, some people send 700/600g to mass and then 5 coss to push even if 5coss>'600g.
The game I was talking about is the 1st between garja and boneng from the ASC. It is boneng, so ofc he didnt play perfectly but the game was quite close.
Garja also won H2O a few times with this BO.
Yes. I do. I fail to see how any of this supports your point. Im not saying you cannot ship one of two orders' Im saying in terms of a relatively early Colonial timing 10 Macehualtins will contribute more.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

aztec vs india

Post by zoom »

mnogud wrote:
diarouga wrote:Do you know what a timing is?
As russia, some people send 700/600g to mass and then 5 coss to push even if 5coss>'600g.
The game I was talking about is the 1st between garja and boneng from the ASC. It is boneng, so ofc he didnt play perfectly but the game was quite close.
Garja also won H2O a few times with this BO.
forget him, hes just a big mouth
More top three argumentation from pressed people lacking anything of substance to say. Impressive...
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

aztec vs india

Post by zoom »

calmyourtits wrote:
zoom wrote:Firstly, please direct me to the specific game you are referring to. Secondly, did both players perform well in said game? Thirdly, regardless of everything, even so 10 mace would be the better shipment.
Its a timing. As long as you spend the entire 600 wood before you attack then it was a better card to send than 10 mace, after all its worth more vill seconds. Also, keep in mind that you are sending 10 mace either way so the actual card you should be comparing 600w to is 9 mace. 700w 600w 10 timing >' 700w 10 9 timing. Of course, if you want to attack earlier then 700 10 is better. Isnt this a nobrainer? Why are you arguing about this?
No, its a timing, so only if you spend the entire 600 wood on things which actually contribute to your timing is it any good in the first place, but even if you do then it will delay your timing compared to shipping units. Its so ironic how you (pl) like to throw the term "timing" around when all your arguments are in support of the exact opposite' 600w might be better for other purposes, but not by any means for an actual timing.

Finally, the argument is between 10 Macehualtins and 600w. Whether you would have sent it anyway depends entirely on the actual timing of your timing.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

aztec vs india

Post by Garja »

You are always ending up sending 10 maces in any aztecs timing just because it's a very good card. The 600w card is an in between choice. Back to my point anyway, you need actual experience on builds and timing to value if it is worth or not.
Image Image Image
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

aztec vs india

Post by Jaeger »

zoom wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:Its a timing. As long as you spend the entire 600 wood before you attack then it was a better card to send than 10 mace, after all its worth more vill seconds. Also, keep in mind that you are sending 10 mace either way so the actual card you should be comparing 600w to is 9 mace. 700w 600w 10 timing >' 700w 10 9 timing. Of course, if you want to attack earlier then 700 10 is better. Isnt this a nobrainer? Why are you arguing about this?
No, its a timing, so only if you spend the entire 600 wood on things which actually contribute to your timing is it any good in the first place, but even if you do then it will delay your timing compared to shipping units. Its so ironic how you (pl) like to throw the term "timing" around when all your arguments are in support of the exact opposite' 600w might be better for other purposes, but not by any means for an actual timing.

Finally, the argument is between 10 Macehualtins and 600w. Whether you would have sent it anyway depends entirely on the actual timing of your timing.
They just mean the 700w 600w 10 mace is a later timing with more units, but still a timing zoi
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

aztec vs india

Post by Goodspeed »

Yes a slower timing with more units is still a timing. There are even 12 minute timings...
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

aztec vs india

Post by SoldieR »

I'm really starting to despise the term "timing"
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

aztec vs india

Post by deleted_user0 »

Why?
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

aztec vs india

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:Why?
It sounds very cheesy I hate it myself
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Pro Player

aztec vs india

Post by SoldieR »

Timing doesn't even mean anything. It is a noob idea that if noone attacks and no one scouts, civ A will have a bigger mass than civ B. Tps, multiple tps , scouting, raiding, logical and intelligent play, are all things that destroy any meaning of these so called " timings". It's just for defensive, never ending hunts, mass unit starts. Like Russia at home or defensive agra
Pro Player

aztec vs india

Post by SoldieR »

End rant
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

aztec vs india

Post by deleted_user0 »

iamsoldier wrote:Timing doesn''t even mean anything. It is a noob idea that if noone attacks and no one scouts, civ A will have a bigger mass than civ B. Tps, multiple tps , scouting, raiding, logical and intelligent play, are all things that destroy any meaning of these so called " timings". It''s just for defensive, never ending hunts, mass unit starts. Like Russia at home or defensive agra

Ofc ppl can scout, but that doesnt really matter, which is kinda the point. Ur simply going to have critically more mass which means you have to hit at that point or lose the advantage.

Raiding can throw of a timing, obviously, as well as abeing attacked before. Dont see whats wrong with it though, on nilla i often did otto vs spain, and the 30 jan timing at 6 min was so much more scarier than the jan rush where theh trickle in 5 by 5.

Zuta and co may use the word too. Randomly but i think they are a real strategic option compared to immediately going in with fewer units, which is sometimes better, sometimes worse. For exampleif you play vs a semi ff you have a reql goid timing to hit him just as he ages up, he is then out of res and has to choose between canceling or trying to win it in age3. Most ppl hit too late though and attack when ur just aged.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

aztec vs india

umeu wrote:
iamsoldier wrote:Timing doesnt even mean anything. It is a noob idea that if noone attacks and no one scouts, civ A will have a bigger mass than civ B. Tps, multiple tps , scouting, raiding, logical and intelligent play, are all things that destroy any meaning of these so called " timings". Its just for defensive, never ending hunts, mass unit starts. Like Russia at home or defensive agra

Ofc ppl can scout, but that doesnt really matter, which is kinda the point. Ur simply going to have critically more mass which means you have to hit at that point or lose the advantage.

Raiding can throw of a timing, obviously, as well as abeing attacked before. Dont see whats wrong with it though, on nilla i often did otto vs spain, and the 30 jan timing at 6 min was so much more scarier than the jan rush where theh trickle in 5 by 5.

Zuta and co may use the word too. Randomly but i think they are a real strategic option compared to immediately going in with fewer units, which is sometimes better, sometimes worse. For exampleif you play vs a semi ff you have a reql goid timing to hit him just as he ages up, he is then out of res and has to choose between canceling or trying to win it in age3. Most ppl hit too late though and attack when ur just aged.
30 jans in 6 min?
Isnt it 6min30/7min?
Pro Player

aztec vs india

Post by SoldieR »

Ya but don't you get it? It's not a damn "timing" with 30jans at 6:30 if you scout that he goes two rax 700w 700f 5 Jan (BTW I have no idea the BO, just assuming), cause if you see that, you adjust and go 700w, 700f, 8xb+mm. And then it's just a build for an all Jan army.

All this timing talk is just based around poor poor scouting and adapting. It's based around that you are guessing and hoping your opponent does the typical build for his civ.

Imagine this 6:30 timing vs a port with cm and schooners with 3 layer walls. It's not a timing anymore, just a noob no scout strat
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

aztec vs india

iamsoldier wrote:Ya but don''t you get it? It''s not a damn "timing" with 30jans at 6:30 if you scout that he goes two rax 700w 700f 5 Jan (BTW I have no idea the BO, just assuming), cause if you see that, you adjust and go 700w, 700f, 8xb+mm. And then it''s just a build for an all Jan army.

All this timing talk is just based around poor poor scouting and adapting. It''s based around that you are guessing and hoping your opponent does the typical build for his civ.

Imagine this 6:30 timing vs a port with cm and schooners with 3 layer walls. It''s not a timing anymore, just a noob no scout strat
The BO is 700/600f/5jans.
If the opponent is going 700w/700f/8bows, that means that he is also doing a timing to hold your :p
And yeah waterboom kills timings, that''s why GS hates it haha.
Btw, the 30jan timing was vs spain so he can''t hold in age2.
Pro Player

aztec vs india

Post by SoldieR »

When did "build order" get replaced by "timing"
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

aztec vs india