Dutch in 2vs2

Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Dutch in 2vs2

Post by japanesegeneral »

I have recently started playing dutch and i love them in 1vs1 but i have no idea how to properly play them in a teamgame. I like to do a 15 villager age up while making a bank in transition. My next shipment is most likely a bank wagon. That makes me able to get 5 huss out at 6:00 min (with tc idle time) which is pretty nice but at the same time you will have a much smaller number of units following that probably getting only 3 huss out. When playing against a cav heavy civ like germany thats just not enough. The other option is going skirm pike which is a good option by itself but that forces you to invest one of your shipments into pikes.

What is dutchs best unit/unit combo to start with?

I also find it hard to boom as dutch since you invest a lot into a bank (700res) but your eco is sometimes not even better than a french eco after like 12 mins despite having 4 banks and not skiping or loosing any vills. Any major advices about gameplay as dutch?
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
No Flag admiraljsmith
Musketeer

Re: Dutch in 2vs2

Post by admiraljsmith »

You should plan your strat for the game so you can eventually reach fortress without dying.

If you aren't fortunate enough to be able to straight or semi ff, dutch in 2v2 faces a problem: any two-unit composition you will form with your team mate will be sub-optimal. Since musk huss usually beats skirm huss you will end up making huss as dutch. If you have to stay age 2 too long you will have no cav cards.
Either you or your team mate has to mix two types of units initially.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

I think once you pick Dutch you have to play somewhat defensively, as your main strength is the economic boost you get later on from banks. You have skirms in age 2, uniquely, which you can abuse against civs with musks. Coordinate your defence with a teammate, age up when possible, try to stabilise with decent eco and mass ruyters. That said, though, I don't play team games, so I can obviously be mistaken, but for me — at the very least —it sounds somewhat logical and makes sense.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I dont get how you struggle getting 5 huss out after shipping bank wagon first? That seems extremely odd.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

ye on nilla its a lot harder to properly play dutch if you have to go huss because you have no bank wagon. Requires good game sense and careful macro to not overboom while also not fallling behind in eco. Bank wagon makes dutch in team a lot easier.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Yet he seems to strongly imply he's playing TAD right. If you truly struggle getting 5 huss out then theres probably something going wrong, I'd put my money on it being the herding.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Jerom wrote:I dont get how you struggle getting 5 huss out after shipping bank wagon first? That seems extremely odd.

doesnt get enough food from initial
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

evilcheadar wrote:
Jerom wrote:I dont get how you struggle getting 5 huss out after shipping bank wagon first? That seems extremely odd.

this post seems completely non sensible to me.

@OP maybe it'd be interested to just post a rec of you playing.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Jerom wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:

this post seems completely non sensible to me.

@OP maybe it'd be interested to just post a rec of you playing.

crate start :roll:
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

basically you only have a few options, you have no cav upgrades, so your mate can do a musk/hus mix and you skrim/hus mix for a nice three unit combo, you start hus he starts musk. Do bank wagon, 700w 600w in almost all your games, 700g or 8pikes/3cav are situation for a quicker age up or timing push and will have to be decided in game. But like Dutch + Brit or France is a great 2x2 combo. India/Dutch & zamb/sowar mix + skrim/hus mix also works great doesn't leave you vulnerable to raids. Problem with Dutch is you can't really abuse having skrims becuase your mate then needs to make anticav (musk) and you just leave yourself vulnerable to raids. It's one of the worse 2x2 civ on re imo but a great 3x3 civ just becuase you can still cav + musk while you skrim. Skrim/pike + hus is also a viable rush in some matchups, but almost always bank wagon 700w imo 3rd card is debatable. Unless your facing some sort of hard rush and need 3 hus or pikes as second card.
Great Britain Jeedos
Musketeer
ESO: GodofSquishy

Post by Jeedos »

lordraphael wrote:ye on nilla its a lot harder to properly play dutch

Wat.
'I meme so' - British Longbowman.

Favourite civs; Dutch/Spanish.