Russia late-game

No Flag ronsu
Crossbow

Re: Russia late-game

Post by ronsu »

Couprider wrote:Late age 3: cossack, cav archer, strelet, with boyar/combat etc.
Late age 4: muuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssk

Interesting.

You're not the first one in this post recommending MUSKETS in late age 4 rather than any other unit though it's not a very upgradeable unit for Russia.

Would you mind to reasoning this different choice for late 3rd and late 4th? I'm very curious what can be the reason for using russian musk when they have no special advantage like the pop using (as cossacks) or the upgrade cards (like strelets).
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

ronsu wrote:
Couprider wrote:Late age 3: cossack, cav archer, strelet, with boyar/combat etc.
Late age 4: muuuuuuuuuuuussssssssssk

Interesting.

You're not the first one in this post recommending MUSKETS in late age 4 rather than any other unit though it's not a very upgradeable unit for Russia.

Would you mind to reasoning this different choice for late 3rd and late 4th? I'm very curious what can be the reason for using russian musk when they have no special advantage like the pop using (as cossacks) or the upgrade cards (like strelets).

They receive the same amount of stats from upgrades regular musketeers do, but still cost less.
No Flag purplesquid
Dragoon
Donator 03

Post by purplesquid »

They also can train instantly (or just very fast if you only have one train card in deck). Also wood can be hard late game. Regardless it is always nice to be able to spam so many units so fast
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

1.have about the same hp/atkk, but 25% cheaper
2.train insanely fast even without fencing school
3.you dont have so many resources to upgrade many units in early age 4. after that, adding guard cossack/oprichnik etc. is still nice.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Musk are a good late game unit cuz they have good hp/attack, cheap cost and are easy to mass and since micro is less of a factor skirms don't counter them as well.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
No Flag ronsu
Crossbow

Post by ronsu »

Thank you all for your reasonings! Very usefull.