iro with india

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

iro with india

Post by Garja »

The point is that whenever that card is useful then all other better cards would be even more useful. That's essentially why ppl tell you it's a bad card. Keep in mind that iros can easily waste a card (like sending a totally irrelevant one) and still win most of MUs.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

iro with india

Post by zoom »

adderbrain5 wrote:
zoom wrote:Its not at all useless' its just competitively unviable.
Well Im trying to argue that it is not competitively unviable, at least in a few situations, mainly vs japs and India. It is also good vs china since their far villaiges make them easily housed. Civ like Sioux, az, iro having no minutemen can make this card powerful, because you can essentially siege down their TC without the TC killing you if you hit them early, and get a few vils on the way or cut them off from retreat to the TC
You may have a point. It is possible that its viable in certain scenarios or match-ups (I really cannot say for sure), but personally Id rather have another card to send if I were playing Iroquois' their deck is already short on space.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

iro with india

Post by Goodspeed »

zoom wrote:
calmyourtits wrote:Someone had to tell him ')
Why are you always such a dick?
Because speaking the truth makes you a dick sometimes :( And lying on the internet is a huge no-no obviously
France iNcog
Ninja

iro with india

Post by iNcog »

surely someone wouldn't spread misinformation on the internet D:
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro with india

Post by adderbrain5 »

garja wrote:The point is that whenever that card is useful then all other better cards would be even more useful. That''s essentially why ppl tell you it''s a bad card. Keep in mind that iros can easily waste a card (like sending a totally irrelevant one) and still win most of MUs.
Well, pros can argue what they want about this. Im not really writing this mini strategy guide for anyone higher than my rank anyway, because I don''t think I could. Anyone better than me obviously has it figured out anyway, or can do it themselves. But to new players, or mid lvl who want to try iro I can assure you that Town destroyer is not always a bad choice. Especially for example, if you are massed up, owning him, and just want to win in colonial but need a little bit of extra siege or don''t have any other colonial cards left. Say you already sent all troop cards, both vill and 600 gold. Town destroyer would certainly be a good play in late colonial when you are winning already and just need some extra siege, and a better damage tank. There is another situation right there. Thats a bit like how I used to send team scout infantry when I was a smurf owning the shit out of MS and liuet who wouldn''t quit,but a bit more useful
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

iro with india

Post by Papist »

Adderbrain5 it is clear you have no idea what you are talking about. Iroquois is the best civ in the game. There just isn't any question about it. They have the fastest age-up in the game, followed up with the best colonial play in the game. It doesn't even stop there - they have a great Fortress Age too! What does this all mean? It means they have ZERO effective counters (aside from ottomans, but a well-executed FF can finish them off too).

The situations you are describing in defense of the TD card are also debatable - sending it in colonial will remove your early timing edge and hurt your eco (since he will be sending 700 w). Therefore, slowing down a rax or stable is not really worth it (he can replace it, but you can't make up for the time you lost). And if your opponent placed his fb defensive (which he very well might versus Iroquois.

One last thing -why will you not give us your username? The only explanation I can think of is that you are either lying about your rank or your experience in the India v. Iro MU. Do you really think you know better than the entire competative community.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

iro with india

Post by adderbrain5 »

papist wrote:Adderbrain5 it is clear you have no idea what you are talking about. Iroquois is the best civ in the game. There just isn''t any question about it. They have the fastest age-up in the game, followed up with the best colonial play in the game. It doesn''t even stop there - they have a great Fortress Age too! What does this all mean? It means they have ZERO effective counters (aside from ottomans, but a well-executed FF can finish them off too).

The situations you are describing in defense of the TD card are also debatable - sending it in colonial will remove your early timing edge and hurt your eco (since he will be sending 700 w). Therefore, slowing down a rax or stable is not really worth it (he can replace it, but you can''t make up for the time you lost). And if your opponent placed his fb defensive (which he very well might versus Iroquois.

One last thing -why will you not give us your username? The only explanation I can think of is that you are either lying about your rank or your experience in the India v. Iro MU. Do you really think you know better than the entire competative community.

Im not giving my username because at the moment I don??t have one. I haven??t been active on ESO for some time, as I now have a macbook and don??t even have a ESO username of my own anymore though I do occasionally play on Gameranger. Sometimes I do play on the username Jgals, which is my little brother??s, and is ranked somewhere between a MS or corp or something. In fact, I played it for a few months in the beginning of this year, and got the gold medal for most Iro wins, and most SUP wins total if it wasn''t for the two point traders that got in front of me. And yea, I think that most of the competitive community is wrong, imprisoned by a silly, subconciously agreed upon play meta that could seriously use some challenges, or new perspectives. And yes the meta can be broken, and why is that wrong? You should use what is available in the game. TD is a card that most people can''t make work but I personally can. Maybe Ill upload some recordings if I get back on long enough to make any.

and oh lol no one ever wanted to play me on that account above a lieut for the most part. So its not my fault that I got the gold medal in total wins beating MS mostly.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

iro with india

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Your opponent will try to kill your warchief because of his power. If you also send this card, be sure your opponent will focus you.