Which's your best method for improve your level?

Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Which's your best method for improve your level?

Post by NekoBerk »

Since i created my ESO account in 29/09/2015 i have been watching a lot of gameplays, videos, recs, tips, strategys and playing with persons higher than me and now i'm PR 23 (but i don't play too many rated games tho' xD). I don't know if this is fine for improve my level and skills, but i want to know exactly how can i improve fast. I have met persons that with only 1 year playing the game online they just reached the PR 26 or 27. One of my big problems that i see is that i'm really accustomed to brits and when i try to use a new civ i use them like if they're brits xD. Brits are a really good civ but in QuickSearch in bad maps against agressive civs is just hard and unfair because you're playing against the map instead of the player :p.

Well, tell me, which's your best method for improve your level or just learn how to play with new civs :D.
Sometimes i feel sad when i can't even reach the brackets in ESOC Tournaments xD.
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Re: Which's your best method for improve your level?

Post by __Uhlan__ »

tbh, play play play & play. Rec all the games, and just looked what you could of done to make you win sooner/more convincingly or why you lost. Were you to greedy? Bad Micro? Messed up your macro? Units got caught out of position? A huge raid? Then work on that one thing you messed up (or multiple, better to focus on improving one part of your game at a time so that your not all over the place, like for example focus on unit positioning until you do it without thinking, then move on to focusing on scouting your opponent untill you do it automatically then let the process repeat) Also playing defensive civs just makes you better, brit v india is a pretty even mu but doing a 12 sepoy rush and containing brit is alot easier then brit pushing out the sepoys and taking out the agra and securing some map, so playing defensive civs is much better imo to improve. well this is basically what i did to improve, good luck :D
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

Play against good players and if you lose, ask them what you could've done better.
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

I think the best thing is to find a partner who is similar skill to you and you should 1v1 him while on a skype or Discord call. When one of you win, discuss why. Adapt and try again. Practice with civs you don't know.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

site wrote:I think the best thing is to find a partner who is similar skill to you and you should 1v1 him while on a skype or Discord call. When one of you win, discuss why. Adapt and try again. Practice with civs you don't know.

:hmm:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

watch gibson's stream
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

Playing against good players really helps but if you do only that then you only lose. Playing against players you beat is necessary and healthy to get into it.

I agree about spamming games though. Probably the only thing which is realistically worthwhile. Ofc, analyze your games.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

yurashic wrote:Play against good players and if you lose, ask them what you could've done better.

thats what yura does when he plays with me :)
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Well all the possible methods are mentioned above , I was gonna tell exactly the same as uhlan wrote , just rec game anlyse it completely ,find ur mistakes , write ur mistakes in ur notepad or word and save it, while playing the next game open the document where u saved the mistakes u did, and have a glance,try to avoid those mistakes,repeat until u avoided all those mistakes, play 2 hours daily ,1 hr for practical ie gameplay and another 1 hr analysing discussing, thinking ,talking to pro players etc.You need to note down ur progress somewhere in ur documents, once someone tells a tip u don't know , note it, Well you can do what site said but in long term u will forgot most of the talk , so better write discussion in words and save it. 1hr of the 2 hr gameplay can be for watching recs, learning new strategies etc,if u learn something new try it right away vs AI. And u need to frequently change ur hotkeys settings until ur comfortable with them , memorise all ur hotkeys , meomrise atleast 5 in a day ,learn learn learn,practice practice practice, Practice makes a man perfect , one day u will reach ur dream , dont forget BlackStar_OP he became pro in 1 year , I think he followed the same ,he has veni as his partner and discussed the game and became op, Well if u follow this schedule that I'm giving ,u will soon be a player like Roby. Gl!
:nwc:
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Well all the possible methods are mentioned above , I was gonna tell exactly the same as uhlan wrote , just rec game anlyse it completely ,find ur mistakes , write ur mistakes in ur notepad or word and save it, while playing the next game open the document where u saved the mistakes u did, and have a glance,try to avoid those mistakes,repeat until u avoided all those mistakes, play 2 hours daily ,1 hr for practical ie gameplay and another 1 hr analysing discussing, thinking ,talking to pro players etc.You need to note down ur progress somewhere in ur documents, once someone tells a tip u don't know , note it, Well you can do what site said but in long term u will forgot most of the talk , so better write discussion in words and save it. 1hr of the 2 hr gameplay can be for watching recs, learning new strategies etc,if u learn something new try it right away vs AI. And u need to frequently change ur hotkeys settings until ur comfortable with them , memorise all ur hotkeys , meomrise atleast 5 in a day ,learn learn learn,practice practice practice, Practice makes a man perfect , one day u will reach ur dream , dont forget BlackStar_OP he became pro in 1 year , I think he followed the same ,he has veni as his partner and discussed the game and became op, Well if u follow this schedule that I'm giving ,u will soon be a player like Roby. Gl!

Lol, is it that true? he was a new player and in 1 year did he become pro? lol
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Canada Lunatic_Fringe
Dragoon
ESO: Nightwing

Post by Lunatic_Fringe »

I didn't know that Blacstar was playing with Veni before he became one of the best.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Always play rated and or always play people better than you
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

NekoBerk wrote:
Challenger_Marco wrote:Well all the possible methods are mentioned above , I was gonna tell exactly the same as uhlan wrote , just rec game anlyse it completely ,find ur mistakes , write ur mistakes in ur notepad or word and save it, while playing the next game open the document where u saved the mistakes u did, and have a glance,try to avoid those mistakes,repeat until u avoided all those mistakes, play 2 hours daily ,1 hr for practical ie gameplay and another 1 hr analysing discussing, thinking ,talking to pro players etc.You need to note down ur progress somewhere in ur documents, once someone tells a tip u don't know , note it, Well you can do what site said but in long term u will forgot most of the talk , so better write discussion in words and save it. 1hr of the 2 hr gameplay can be for watching recs, learning new strategies etc,if u learn something new try it right away vs AI. And u need to frequently change ur hotkeys settings until ur comfortable with them , memorise all ur hotkeys , meomrise atleast 5 in a day ,learn learn learn,practice practice practice, Practice makes a man perfect , one day u will reach ur dream , dont forget BlackStar_OP he became pro in 1 year , I think he followed the same ,he has veni as his partner and discussed the game and became op, Well if u follow this schedule that I'm giving ,u will soon be a player like Roby. Gl!

Lol, is it that true? he was a new player and in 1 year did he become pro? lol

No no hes been playing for a long time, look when he made his account. But what people say that he got maybe from pr 30-35 to the top in 1 year i think.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Canada grizzgolf
Crossbow
ESO: grizzgolf

Post by grizzgolf »

I'm with you man. I am trying to get better as well!
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

Bs was nevur as well
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:Bs was nevur as well

Oooo really? I think I remember a pk tournament with him. So how long has he been playing in total?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

more reactions to this thread pls

I guess the best method would be playing against someone whos about 5 levels higher than you and some pro is watching you while that and gives you tips...but since this chance will probably nobody have in a long term the best method is just to play against slightly better players than you and I found out the best method randomly:

My skill lvl is around 20-22 PR. I created a smurf Account and got pr 26 (undeserved) with 3-4 wins and now when I go into qs it automatically queues me up with Captains, 1st lieutenants and such guys so I always play against slightly better ppl. So if you can create a smurf account also, do it like i did, I think it helps a lot.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

the best method is playing and trying to figure out what your mistakes were and trying to improve there. Its hard to find out your mistakes when you play vs lower players than you, because you mostly win no matter what you do.
United States of America Hidddy_
Retired Contributor
ESO: Hidalgito

Post by Hidddy_ »

Find a practice partner, maybe above your skill level and just play a ton of games and record them. Watch back the replays and be honest with yourself as to what you need to improve. I recently watched some of my gameplay and cringed at how not-smooth some of it was and at some blatant mistakes that I was making. Analysis is really good bc it lets you know why standard meta is stanrdard meta, veni vidi vicis channel on youtube is great for this. Also have fun and enjoy learning this great game!
De Funk
Portugal Kazamkikaz
Dragoon
ESO: Kazamkikaz

Post by Kazamkikaz »

first start study details, cards, civs before start a civ or strategie, start make own strategie/ improvisation, ofc record your own game helps alot to see when u lose what u do always (wrong) i still noob because i dont like play standard and dont play vs better players than me alot, play vs good player than u with more handicap for u, so your focus will be in how to spend resources, what army to do, when age to next age, how to micro and when or where to start a big fight.
By the way i need do better with my micro but my problem is time, distraction make me age up later, do market ups later, miss bachs and some times react to raid later too, and when i was bad in explorer the map i always pick bad and poor treasure, walk alot in same spot, now is diferent, now i can find opponent explorer try get a treasure alot and my job is trying steal, i dont know how i am used to find them, i just watch a youtube video how to explorer and H2O explain his tournment i start been better exploring.
I still very :blush: nooooobobobboob
My Youtube channel

"If you can't win the fight
don't take the fight"-Aizamk 2016