China vs France

No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

China vs France

Post by Jaeger »

incog wrote:
ovi12 wrote:Yes I can test this with you lol and we record, I think bow pike can win if its max like 15 unit pop but otherwise musk hus rapes. Add me on ESO Ovi12 Ill be on in like 7-8 hours from now and also tomorrow the whole day.
ill be in bed in that time
ill be on tmrw the whole day
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

China vs France

Post by zoom »

mnogud wrote:
subzero wrote:He does make it right so its preferable. I want to watch H2Os china recs against france. Anybody has them?
well i dunno if it is preferable... the only reason it works for him is coz he is _H2O... i dunno if any other player would be able to face that pressure as him.... if you see his stream he fights a lot with villagers only losing 1 or 2 in the process... if you can fight with 20 musks and 10 huss using villagers like him then go for it :p the game i am referring to is _H2O vs acergame on tibet
Acergame played terribly strategically speaking in that game. He really let the Chinese player off the hook.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

China vs France

Post by Garja »

In relatively small numbers bow/pike actually beat musk/huss. It's not something you can do for a whole game of course.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

China vs France

Post by deleted_user0 »

Bow pike offensive is also vulnerable to raids.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

China vs France

Post by Jaeger »

umeu wrote:Bow pike offensive is also vulnerable to raids.
If you get raided you just kill vills yourself with bows and kill a house tho?
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

China vs France

Post by deleted_user0 »

No cuz mm tc fire some walls and vils do fine to defend vs the first few units
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

China vs France

Post by mnogud »

zoom wrote:
mnogud wrote:well i dunno if it is preferable... the only reason it works for him is coz he is _H2O... i dunno if any other player would be able to face that pressure as him.... if you see his stream he fights a lot with villagers only losing 1 or 2 in the process... if you can fight with 20 musks and 10 huss using villagers like him then go for it :p the game i am referring to is _H2O vs acergame on tibet
Acergame played terribly strategically speaking in that game. He really let the Chinese player off the hook.
K
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

China vs France

Post by Papist »

ovi12 wrote:
umeu wrote:Bow pike offensive is also vulnerable to raids.
If you get raided you just kill vills yourself with bows and kill a house tho?
They dont have enough hp - tc fire and mm kill them really fast.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
India _DB_
Howdah

China vs France

Post by _DB_ »

Ouch. I just lost to a random France noob with China tower FF :(

He didn't hurt me a single time till I aged. So I was sure he's either gonna semi FF or FF himself.

At exact time I aged up, he pushed in with A LOT OF MUSK(almost 25-30) + 8 XBOWS + few hussars.

I lost my TC and a lost lot of my vils but still managed to hold the push and outnumbered his military. Slowly, I remassed, almost outscored him with half killed eco. At some point I sent refugee card and got many vils back and managed to get 3 TCs with a nice mass. The tower really helped me a lot keeping up with my eco.

WTF, he sent the TEAM early skirm card and kept kiting with skirm + musk + hussars. He soon aged up, then he got cuirassiers + hussars + vet musk + skirms + goons + 2 falcs.
Meh, I had nothing other than mass skirms, changdao and 9 manchu and few cav. I just lost.

it's unfair match up '(

PS: Anybody has some nice recs of this MU, and anybody has the full stream/rec of BS vs sam china vs france? I watched that but it's cut-off at the moment bs is in age 3.
Doing what you like is Freedom...
Liking what you do is Happiness...
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

China vs France

Post by Mimsy for President »

I doubt everyone can age with the Porcelain Tower.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

China vs France

Post by WickedCossack »

subzero wrote:Ouch. I just lost to a random France noob with China tower FF :(

He didn''t hurt me a single time till I aged. So I was sure he''s either gonna semi FF or FF himself.

At exact time I aged up, he pushed in with A LOT OF MUSK(almost 25-30) + 8 XBOWS + few hussars.

I lost my TC and a lost lot of my vils but still managed to hold the push and outnumbered his military. Slowly, I remassed, almost outscored him with half killed eco. At some point I sent refugee card and got many vils back and managed to get 3 TCs with a nice mass. The tower really helped me a lot keeping up with my eco.

WTF, he sent the TEAM early skirm card and kept kiting with skirm + musk + hussars. He soon aged up, then he got cuirassiers + hussars + vet musk + skirms + goons + 2 falcs.
Meh, I had nothing other than mass skirms, changdao and 9 manchu and few cav. I just lost.

it''s unfair match up '(

PS: Anybody has some nice recs of this MU, and anybody has the full stream/rec of BS vs sam china vs france? I watched that but it''s cut-off at the moment bs is in age 3.
Lol there''s only one person who plays like that as france. (rofl)

They also play china too. It''s a smart tactic tbh to just make a huge timming later on.

It''s still heavily china favoured though. Ranged inf semi is the best vs china. 5 skirms / 5 musk.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

China vs France

Post by zoom »

Chinese win, obviously...
India _DB_
Howdah

China vs France

Post by _DB_ »

zoom wrote:Chinese win, obviously...
Ever played vs a French captain or colonel or something as China? It isnt easy.

wickedcossack wrote:Its still heavily china favoured though. Ranged inf semi is the best vs china. 5 skirms / 5 musk.

Lol, the topic is about how to beat France as china, not how to beat china as france. I see no reason for it to be heavily in Chinas favor. Anything vs France is just too hard.
No Flag adderbrain5
Lancer

China vs France

Post by adderbrain5 »

calmyourtits wrote:
"on paper"

RI/HI is the answer to HI/Cav

musks kind of break the rule since they have good ranged attack, and xbows are a very mediocre unit, however that rule still applies. why are you hitting cavalry with your xbows when you should be manually targeting musketeers? the pikes just move around to protect the hussars from getting into contact to the bows.

throw in cover mode for pikes and i there''s your answer to musk huss.
Yeah musks are HI in official AoE terms I guess. They aren''t really, they are their own unit type. But yeah RI+HI > HI+cav and yes musks break the rule cause musks aren''t really HI. They are a somewhat in between making them a very good unit for (especially early) colonial wars, you need to counter them with your own musks or a 3 unit comp. Everything else just loses including bow pike. Even with perfect cover mode micro a musk huss with mediocre micro would probably still win.

in real life gren halbredier dopp were teh real heavy inf but yea musks are th standard HI for gemmechanics
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

China vs France

Post by britishmusketeer »

He didnt hurt me a single time till I aged. So I was sure hes either gonna semi FF or FF himself.

its unfair match up '(

PS: Anybody has some nice recs of this MU, and anybody has the full stream/rec of BS vs sam china vs france? I watched that but its cut-off at the moment bs is in age 3.
The stream of BS china vs Sam france is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8HQN0rXoP4
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

China vs France

Post by mongobillione »

paul wrote:700w 700g semiff may be better.
or 5-10 hussars hurts your eco.
+1
India _DB_
Howdah

China vs France

Post by _DB_ »

britishmusketeer wrote:

He didnt hurt me a single time till I aged. So I was sure hes either gonna semi FF or FF himself.

its unfair match up '(

PS: Anybody has some nice recs of this MU, and anybody has the full stream/rec of BS vs sam china vs france? I watched that but its cut-off at the moment bs is in age 3.
The stream of BS china vs Sam france is here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8HQN0rXoP4
It is not full stream. I watched that very early. I actually want to watch the previous part of it, from where it is cut-off.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

China vs France

Post by Marco1698 »

China ff op. As France player I can tell you if a player uses China there is no way to win that MU. You can try with semi ff but still very hard
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

China vs France

Post by zoom »

marco1698 wrote:China ff op. As France player I can tell you if a player uses China there is no way to win that MU. You can try with semi ff but still very hard
That''s more to do with you being outplayed than the match-up being Chinese-favored, from my experience.
Switzerland _venox_
Howdah
ESO: _Venox_

China vs France

Post by _venox_ »

I think at least on ESOC maps it's china favoured but on most RE maps it's even. If China is able to defend they will just have too big of a mass in mid fortress to deal with.
Don't let the things you can't change dictate your life.
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

China vs France

Post by yurashic »

As French you should scout what wonder Chinese are aging with. In any case you should start cav and send 4v -> 700 wood.

If you scout confucian academy, build tps from 700 wood, make 10 cav to kill 8 arqu from age-up and then ship 700 gold and age up, mass cuirassiers. Like in this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=249oOwtzRdI

If you scout tower, build 2 raxes from 700 wood, make 20 muskets, ship 3 huss and timing push, Chinese do not have many units early on with tower age-up.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

China vs France

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Lol, France wins that MU.
France iNcog
Ninja

China vs France

Post by iNcog »

France wins vs china?

musk:huss timing?
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

China vs France

Post by britishmusketeer »

99% sure china wins
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

China vs France

Post by momuuu »

yurashic wrote:As French you should scout what wonder Chinese are aging with. In any case you should start cav and send 4v -> 700 wood.

If you scout confucian academy, build tps from 700 wood, make 10 cav to kill 8 arqu from age-up and then ship 700 gold and age up, mass cuirassiers. Like in this video.

youtube.com/watch?v=249oOwtzRdI

If you scout tower, build 2 raxes from 700 wood, make 20 muskets, ship 3 huss and timing push, Chinese do not have many units early on with tower age-up.

this seems to be what I lose to when I play as china in this mu (not much experience the other way around). It seems really accurate tbh.

Can china hold off a french musk huss timing without having OP vill micro if you age with tower?