Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Is Amalgamation worth it?

Post by pecelot »

Darwin_ wrote:
pecelot wrote:http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=7113
literally the exact same topic... search before you post!

Sorry. Though to be fair, EP 2.0 was rather new at that point and the meta had not evolved as much as it has now, so this topic is still somewhat useful.

I wouldn't say the whole „meta" evolved so drastically; from what I've seen I think the only difference would be that the longer the EP has existed, the more popular ATP-play was, with which you have more wood and can afford such an investment more easily.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

deleted_user wrote:A man climbs. He climbs and climbs a steep slope until, one day, he reaches the top: level ground. The man has climbed a plateau.

Unfortunately, during his climb he developed an addiction, or at least, a strong, suggestive positive feedback loop. He developed a continued need to climb further, to climb more, to climb until there is no more left to climb. But there is no more left to climb. The man has climbed a plateau.

The scenery is nice: plains on all sides, wildlife parading about, streams meandering this way and that, open skies and warm weather abounding. But the man looks only upwards and finds nothing of value or of worth but empty clouds and a blinding sun.

There is no more to climb. He has reached its limit. The slope no longer points upward but instead lies flat. Despite any amount of expended effort the man is still on top of his plateau, no more, no less. He learns to accept this. In his acceptance he looks downward. The horizon dances with vivid drunkenness, the colors of its setting-sun-landscape form a beautiful delta'd hue. The view is pleasant. He notices its pleasantness and accepts it within himself. He grasps what he has accomplished with his climb and holds it within his heart, in his core; he holds it preciously as a matter of truth and of fact and of perseverance. No one can take away his trek from him, no more trek lives on for him, he exists on top of this plateau, his plateau, and the man is content.

Moral of the story?

Sometimes, in various parts of our lives we climb various, steep faces and reach the tops of them, our personal plateaus, and we should learn to be content with the view instead of looking into the heavens for more, into and through empty water-vapor-voids in search for something but finding nothing but a blinding sun some hundred million miles away.

You are talking about PR28 here?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

I'm telling you, forget the tech exists. It will work out well for you. Either that or it just isn't a big enough negative for me to notice. It always feels so expensive at the time. You could get arsenal range for goons for the same cost basically. Wood is such a premium resource.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

aligator92 wrote:
deleted_user wrote:A man climbs. He climbs and climbs a steep slope until, one day, he reaches the top: level ground. The man has climbed a plateau.

Unfortunately, during his climb he developed an addiction, or at least, a strong, suggestive positive feedback loop. He developed a continued need to climb further, to climb more, to climb until there is no more left to climb. But there is no more left to climb. The man has climbed a plateau.

The scenery is nice: plains on all sides, wildlife parading about, streams meandering this way and that, open skies and warm weather abounding. But the man looks only upwards and finds nothing of value or of worth but empty clouds and a blinding sun.

There is no more to climb. He has reached its limit. The slope no longer points upward but instead lies flat. Despite any amount of expended effort the man is still on top of his plateau, no more, no less. He learns to accept this. In his acceptance he looks downward. The horizon dances with vivid drunkenness, the colors of its setting-sun-landscape form a beautiful delta'd hue. The view is pleasant. He notices its pleasantness and accepts it within himself. He grasps what he has accomplished with his climb and holds it within his heart, in his core; he holds it preciously as a matter of truth and of fact and of perseverance. No one can take away his trek from him, no more trek lives on for him, he exists on top of this plateau, his plateau, and the man is content.

Moral of the story?

Sometimes, in various parts of our lives we climb various, steep faces and reach the tops of them, our personal plateaus, and we should learn to be content with the view instead of looking into the heavens for more, into and through empty water-vapor-voids in search for something but finding nothing but a blinding sun some hundred million miles away.

You are talking about PR28 here?

Yes.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Darwin_ wrote:

Sorry. Though to be fair, EP 2.0 was rather new at that point and the meta had not evolved as much as it has now, so this topic is still somewhat useful.

The meta doesn't actually evolve and in the light of this topic I don't even get what you're going on about.

Anyways, some fun insights here, H2O, Marco and Hazza all make a valid point, I'd follow their advice.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Jerom wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:

The meta doesn't actually evolve and in the light of this topic I don't even get what you're going on about.

Anyways, some fun insights here, H2O, Marco and Hazza all make a valid point, I'd follow their advice.

My point about the evolving meta moreso has to do with the top civs right now, i.e not germany/france and the different playstyles we see compared to a few months ago with fewer semi-ff's and different build orders and such. Don't want to argue, just explaining my thinking. :smile:
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

yea I don't think I have used this tech like ever lol, 200w is 2 houses early game which is better then the actual upgrade imo & then mid game by the time you can afford it without using a significant portion of your wood shipment, you won't even have enough mines to make it worth while. Agree wth h20 here just forget the tech exists imo lol. Decides maybe with ger on some coin heavy maps like hazza suggested but then I don't even do it out of habit most of the time xD
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I research amalgamation all the time in team with germany and france. I tend to have extra resources there. On x1 I don't think you will ever have extra 400 resources to research it as it will take some time to pay off, unless you can somehow research it with 1000w shipment on a passive game (??)