Insight Studios Buildtester!

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Re: Insight Studios Buildtester!

Post by Goodspeed »

umeu wrote:Try a max greed early tp spain semi ff on arkansas. 1 tp in colo, gather 300w in trans, for house + stable or rax. Age 500f, send 700w. With wood make cree tp, market and 2 more houses for 50 pop total, use remaining 200w to get 4v with cree tech after getting the market tech which eliminates wood cost. Train some units, send 5v 4v and ecotheory in a row, age up (buy wood in market if u need more pop). Send 600w in transition maybe to drop a rax+stable and more houses
Not even bad except eco theory is overdoing it, that should just be 700g.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Maybe that's the point :!:
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

umeu wrote:Try a max greed early tp spain semi ff on arkansas. 1 tp in colo, gather 300w in trans, for house + stable or rax. Age 500f, send 700w. With wood make cree tp, market and 2 more houses for 50 pop total, use remaining 200w to get 4v with cree Cherokee tech after getting the market tech which eliminates wood cost. :hmm: Train some units, send 5v 4v and ecotheory in a row, age up (buy wood in market if u need more pop). Send 600w in transition maybe to drop a rax+stable and more houses

What is this market tech?
Edit: ah u meant the cherokee tech which removes wood cost for market, mill, plantation, etc
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

pecelot wrote:Maybe that's the point :!:
I'm sure it was but I'm saying that build actually sounds half decent. That is, without the eco theory.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Ive done that build on no to map, and it was quite solid. However, indeed without eco theory. But who knows :p
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

japanesegeneral wrote:I have not yet lost a petard even though i tried this like 10 times.

A build has to be tested more than 20+ times to check whether that works perfectly. Aizamk does this, he keeps refining his newish builds every games he play.
Your build is appreciably good. Its just risky and needs little refinement. The tower + 200 g age up has never been better if you have the 400 w age up(This works as you're gonna have a TP in transition)
IMO Dutch needs atleast 3 banks before they go age 3.....but what you do is somewhat different. If you're gonna play Dutch in a Spanish FF style, you should remember two things:
1) Maintaining good eco even after FF.
2) Shipping useful unit shipments first.

Petards are just invincible not invisible. You need something more to support them or to distract your opponent.
oranges.
Germany japanesegeneral
Lancer
ESO: JapaneseGeneral

Post by japanesegeneral »

First of all testing at my level does not even really make sense since its much easier to do the petard thing. Secound i am not sure if you can petard his tc before he is age 3 when you do your version of the build. I guess it might be barely early enough if he goes for some atp bo.

As you have already said petards are invincible but it might be useful to train some envoys just for distraction reasons. In that case you cant start to gather for your first bank in transition. I am not sure about wether shipping the 9 ruyters or the 1000w is more important since. Your opponent wont have a tc and probably not much more than 5 musketiers. That gives you decent raiding opportunities. On the other hand it you just want to get your banks up asap.

The idea of this build order is not to go for an aggressive ff. It should only buy you time to mass aggainst the upcoming cannon pike combo.
6 petards a day keep the doctor away.
United States of America alistairpeter
Dragoon
ESO: alistairpeter

Post by alistairpeter »

Ink how good it is, but as India the royal green jacket card always makes it into my deck. I use it for main purpose of making your gurks much more powerful, but it also works nicely combined with advanced consulate French. 180 exp for 500 rec plus 3 upgraded gurks is really nice. By age 3 its not hard to have enough saved up for all 3 if tjem, especially if you've beenapplying early pressure and are ahead eco, it just makes it a lot better. I've players around with using French first, just for the grenades and it can be effective, plus the 5 % us like a mini eco theory on all the free bills you get
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

What you posted here is slightly related to this build. http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=747 You've overrated The royal green jacket card, it just makes gurks to be competitive to other skirm types (The 3 gurks that you get with shipments is fairly worth it). Otto consulate first is always the best for india.... I used to try to ally french after I queue end relations after I do things with Otto....Most of the times I go with Brits....
oranges.