Insight Studios Buildtester!

Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Re: Insight Studios Buildtester!

Post by Aizamk »

noissance wrote:@howlingwolfpaw thanks for the swift reply.
I remember a old vanilla 2v2 strategy, that might work on TAD.
2v2 or 3v3 germany being fed heavily. Germany sends church card, gets TP's, goes industrial, and gets the free merc shipments. The team mate feeds and walls to stall enemy.

iirc that's something like 4k gold (plus it takes a whole minute after going to IV and then researching the tech for the power spike to appear), which is ambitious, plus you need to send 3 mercenary shipments to be worth it (additionally you're down a card due to sending the church tech). only way this can be managed is if your teammates are better than the other team anyway.

basically, improved merc in III->IV transition followed by a big age IV merc shipment would serve its purpose better here.
oranges.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Aizamk wrote:
noissance wrote:@howlingwolfpaw thanks for the swift reply.
I remember a old vanilla 2v2 strategy, that might work on TAD.
2v2 or 3v3 germany being fed heavily. Germany sends church card, gets TP's, goes industrial, and gets the free merc shipments. The team mate feeds and walls to stall enemy.

iirc that's something like 4k gold (plus it takes a whole minute after going to IV and then researching the tech for the power spike to appear), which is ambitious, plus you need to send 3 mercenary shipments to be worth it (additionally you're down a card due to sending the church tech). only way this can be managed is if your teammates are better than the other team anyway.

basically, improved merc in III->IV transition followed by a big age IV merc shipment would serve its purpose better here.

You should get kynesie and tit as your team mates for this strategy then. They are pro turtlers. On a sidenote, are turtle strategies effective above LCM level or does it not work in those games? Also, is strategic pausing frowned down upon?
Error 404: Signature not found
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

thats a pretty good idea, for the feeder to wall up and turtle. ussually it seems they just feed. I have little experience playing team supremacy though
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Aizamk wrote:
howlingwolfpaw wrote:india tiger rush

pop for pop tigers beat everything except units with attack auras or dragoons being kited. they auto upgrade and can be trained in close proximity to enemy TC.

do india 10/10, age up with kanri mata for crates to make temple and research tiger tech. card order: sm trickle card, as age up, tiger card, go all to food, train ten tiger, then make temple and research other tech, make more tigers, send 3 fail ele, swarm with tigers, and siege with flails.

this isn't something I've explored, so would be willing to test.

While you are at it, also have a look at the build in this post-
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=8765&start=100#p189601

What's your take on it.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

First test of tigers: just no
oranges.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Second test of tigers: no, really. just don't do it.
oranges.
India drsingh
Dragoon

Post by drsingh »

Mele troops benefit greatly from TM wonder power. Without that tigers get soft countered by any ranged troop.
In this case two minus(TM ff and tigers)can become a plus.

Did you try mine one?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Aizamk wrote:Second test of tigers: no, really. just don't do it.

rekks plox
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

i tried a tiger game as well, didnt go well! maybe I should have gone more sepoy instead of flail ele. or used them later. In late game tigers are what makes the difference and with a right combo make a nice synergy.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Test the Dutch fish boom! 1ST card 3 vill 2nd schooners 3rd 700w 4th 600w , age with 400 w while aging to 2 instead of dropping a bank , build 2 docks ie chop 400w in transition and when u get schooners strat training boats and collect gold with it .Using the 400w age up create boats , 700w and 600 w used for houses and spamming boats ,mine for const vill production chop some wood for const boat production when u Haven decent no of boats switch to food and age or create army , maybe market? Ur thoughts Aizamk?
Maybe is this a kyneise question?
:nwc:
Germany supernapoleon
Lancer
ESO: Supernapoleon

Post by supernapoleon »

Challenger_Marco wrote:Test the Dutch fish boom! 1ST card 3 vill 2nd schooners 3rd 700w 4th 600w , age with 400 w while aging to 2 instead of dropping a bank , build dock and when u get schooners strat training boats and collect gold with it .Using the 400w age up build another dock and create boats , 700w and 600 w used for houses and spamming boats ,mine for const vill production chop some wood for const boat production when u Haven decent no of boats switch to food and age or create army , maybe market? Ur thoughts Aizamk?

He once did a TP, bank, sea boom with dutch in one of his streams
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

what about the native market upgrade for 500f 500w 500g, it gives you 2000 XP and around 8-10min mark that is basically 4+ shipments, is it possible to build any lame rush/FF/FI around that and exploit the shipment advantage? (maybe in combination with the 400ress each shipment of iro?)
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Spain atp revolt. I'm pretty sure it's actually good since you can use your shipments for high value crates all the way to 4. Then atp helps for hussar production later.
India drsingh
Dragoon

Post by drsingh »

Anyone uses portugese consulate with india? It has better bonus than french and british consulate during the early part of game.

For a FF or FI (against FF or FI. Not full boom or rush)
Build consulate first in the beginning. Ally to portugese. Build a house. Then to food. Age up with 14v. 4 villagers on TM wonder.
During transition build 2 TP. Then market and both food upgrades.
First 2 cards trickles. 3rd 600 gold.
4th- 600w/ 300exp / 5 sepoy.
Put down 2nd wonder(CM or TOV) with 4v. Get 2 military buildings and few houses in transition. And then change to brit or ottoman consulate. Then very rest of the market upgrades. Send the expeditionary force(2nd one) from consulate in fortress if possible.
Defend with Crossbow or sepoy shipments + sentries. Against colonial aggresion. Switch to colonial play. Use TM power and send Chakram shipment (is this considered good?) to buy time for building barracks.

This is not a build, just an idea. Please comment on why it would or wouldn't work and changes which can be made. Also @Aizamk do you ever use TM age up to colonial?
Lancer

is this still happening?
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:is this still happening?

Yes, it's ongoing. Keep those suggestions coming!
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player

Post by Aizamk »

Probably will test a few more builds this weekend yes. This elifent gets a bit slow and lazy in old age, so long writeups are another story :P
oranges.
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

Aizamk wrote:Probably will test a few more builds this weekend yes. This elifent gets a bit slow and lazy in old age, so long writeups are another story :P

We can do writeups if you can convey the general idea if that'll make it simpler.

I've heard good things about the 10 Lazerbear Semi-FF.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

8 Cherokee Riflemen for 500 coin as the second card in a British mirror :hmm:
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Yes it was supposed to happen last issue, but naughty naughty elifent couldn't come up with anything except for "I came I saw I face palmed" on the tiger strat.
Elifent handler is displease will need to start beating him now >:(
Lancer

milku3459 wrote:

Yes it was supposed to happen last issue, but naughty naughty elifent couldn't come up with anything except for "I came I saw I face palmed" on the tiger strat.
Elifent handler is displease will need to start beating him now >:(

..but what does elifent expect, he already hez master skills in advanced strategism, graceful facepalming and elitist elifentism whilst us uneducated plebs do the same old 5/10 russia cosac minutemen rush for the past 10 years.
Lancer

pecelot wrote:8 Cherokee Riflemen for 500 coin as the second card in a British mirror :hmm:

+ 2 tower shipment, i always wanted to see that in one of those stand-offs where both brit players have a rax and a tower next to each other and mad-spam musketeers, imagine popping out 2 towers out of that tower and suddenly its 3 towers + rax vs 1 tower + rax.

+ what about taking 2 tower wagons with your army during a push and set them up behind your units in a fight, forces enemy units to walk back a bit and give you more map control? (<<< generic 1lt/capt nub idea)
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Though such towers would get sieged immediately I'd imagine :hmm:
Lancer

pecelot wrote:Though such towers would get sieged immediately I'd imagine :hmm:

the idea is that the enemy has to decide if he wants to fight your army and watch getting towers up behind it, or start sieging towers and loosing units cause enemy units are attacking his army while he is sieging. neither is a good option, so he would probably step back and give you some map control / let you siege his raxes. (the idea is ofc here that both armies are more or less similar size, how it usually is in those musk wars..)

those towers get up pretty quickly.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

The thing is, if you ship towers, he can ship musk upgrades or an army shipment, so you're naturally gonna be on a disadvantage there, and for the outposts to be constructed you need some time and space, since they get taken down very quickly when being built, too :!: