Insight Studios Buildtester!

Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Insight Studios Buildtester!

Post by milku3459 »

My good people of ESOC, today, I have for you a massive announcement, one that has large implications for the meta-game and the future of AOE3 playstyle.
We all have had that thought; the brilliant, unorthodox idea that flashes through your mind one fine day. What if I trained envoys in Age I to take treasures? What would happen if after I aged up in team, I spammed cannons and cannons only? However, we soon forget these ideas as we shrug off our lofty dreams and return to the basic, every day meta—we don’t have enough time, skill or creativity to develop these ideas into legitimate strats.

What if I told you that there was a way to test your novel ideas and get them turned into a real, usable strategy?

Introducing the INSIGHT STUDIOS BUILDTESTER, a new role very capably filled by Lord of the Cowhax, Terror of Yurashic and Master of Mischiefery, Aizamk!

Every two weeks, starting today, a thread will be opened for people to submit their ideas and suggestions. Aizamk will look over the thread, choose one or two to expand on and test, then write a short piece describing his results and recommendations in the next issue of the newsletter. Don't hold back an idea because you think it's silly, sometimes the silly things can lead to real ideas!

GET GOING
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Re: Insight Studios Buildtester!

Post by EAGLEMUT »

This sounds amaizink!
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

There was a time for Voyageur, perhaps now it's worth testing the Swashbuckler card for the British? :D
Else I'd like to see some more ATP + improved buildings play, as I saw you do something like that quite a while ago!
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: site

Post by site »

Cowboys and Indians build on Great Plains as Germany
Renegados and Cheyenne Riders. Renegados are anti inf and the Cheyenne are anti cav as well as being hand cav if you research the tech in the nat post.
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Lancer
ESO: dats my secret

Post by AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE »

the mastermint of all strategic madness in aoe3 will take insipirations from us dirty plebs?
#disgunnabegud 2017 rlly turned out well for the aoe3 community so far, less flaming, less hate, more streams, games, players...
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Oh yeah, perhaps age 2 Cheyenne nats vs age 3 Ger could be nice :maniac:
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Try to create Mercenarys with brits using VC for have enough population :D personally i've tested this and works kinda good for me using the politic who gives you 500f and sending 700g as first shipment in colonial age and 700w as second shipment, you have to macro very well if you want to produce renegados as constanly as villagers in your TC. By the way try to do a fast and powerful strategy with musk-grenadiers :D
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Can you use that Age4 Indian civ card which converts all vils to Sepoys? Its pretty much like a revolt but ups is that you can train vils even after and down is that you dont get Imperial upgrade which comes with some civ.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

pecelot wrote:Oh yeah, perhaps age 2 Cheyenne nats vs age 3 Ger could be nice :maniac:

This
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

300w start crate-tricked into silk road 3 unit comp as otto pls! want it to become the standard anti japanese play!
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Lancer

oats13 wrote:300w start crate-tricked into silk road 3 unit comp as otto pls! want it to become the standard anti japanese play!

otto is already standard anti japanese play, they win with ease anyway..
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

ye but why stop at lame when you can be lamer?
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

oats13 wrote:ye but why stop at lame when you can be lamer?

this is so wicked!
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Test the flail rush!
Forward Castle 9/10 age up with ToV train 3 flails, send 5 sepoys, use inspiration, unleash hell
Lancer

oats13 wrote:ye but why stop at lame when you can be lamer?

+1 sorry for questioning you.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

Test the minute man rush! Using minute man in age1 to get treasures or raiding villagers with it and blocking fb.
:nwc:
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

I have a build right here:
Portuguese Vengeful Ghost Rush:
Age up with 13 villagers, except send CM as 1st card
Once aged, Immediately call MM and CM from first tc, and place down 2nd TC as if its a FB tower.
Build a barracks and make pikemen from it, keeping villagers near to forward towncenter.
Use initial 22 minutemen + explorer to attack enemy base. When u have enough pikemen, call a 2nd batch of minutemen and CM from forward town centers, as they are vengeful ghosts that will be your reinforcements. Pikemen siege down houses and tc. After u call mm each time switch macro to produce villagers and pikemen, and vice versa. Shipping resource crates like 700 w 2nd or 6 musk can be beneficial.

Thoughts?
Error 404: Signature not found
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

noissance wrote:I have a build right here:
Portuguese Vengeful Ghost Rush:
Age up with 13 villagers, except send CM as 1st card
Once aged, Immediately call MM and CM from first tc, and place down 2nd TC as if its a FB tower.
Build a barracks and make pikemen from it, keeping villagers near to forward towncenter.
Use initial 22 minutemen + explorer to attack enemy base. When u have enough pikemen, call a 2nd batch of minutemen and CM from forward town centers, as they are vengeful ghosts that will be your reinforcements. Pikemen siege down houses and tc. After u call mm each time switch macro to produce villagers and pikemen, and vice versa. Shipping resource crates like 700 w 2nd or 6 musk can be beneficial.

Thoughts?

calling CM+MM from first tc implies you have 550 food 550g upon aging (which you won't, with 13 vill ageup). additionally, calling from start tc implies that they will be 1hp by the time they reach the opponent's base, and therefore practically useless. ambitious to also think you would also be able to train pikemen; there also wouldn't be enough of them to tank and stop the MM from being focused down. skipping CM and simply calling MM in transition to counter any FB vills is a better decision.

Challenger_Marco wrote:Test the minute man rush! Using minute man in age1 to get treasures or raiding villagers with it and blocking fb.

This is too mainstream and people used to do it on nilla all the time, which is why I used to adopt the approach of explorer in melee between my FB and the opponent's town center.

tedere12 wrote:Test the flail rush!
Forward Castle 9/10 age up with ToV train 3 flails, send 5 sepoys, use inspiration, unleash hell

And pray they don't call MM :P
flails need to be backed up by a lot of other units to tank, or alternatively you need to be in a MU where opponent straight FFs. 9/10 ageup means you won't have enough eco to sustain 3 flails; consider the fact that you barely manage to get out 5 sepoys anyway with standard india. additionally the choice of tower of victory does not make sense here if you want to get out flails at a decent early time. if you are waiting for 400w to build your castle then you will be too slow; it needs to be built in transition. a better choice would be to age with taj/500g or with karni and make a castle in transition, though inevitably you will need to cut vills for this.

NekoBerk wrote:Try to create Mercenarys with brits using VC for have enough population :D personally i've tested this and works kinda good for me using the politic who gives you 500f and sending 700g as first shipment in colonial age and 700w as second shipment, you have to macro very well if you want to produce renegados as constanly as villagers in your TC. By the way try to do a fast and powerful strategy with musk-grenadiers :D

You mean outlaws. I've tested VC with outlaws before and it's pretty decent, the big downside however being that one production facility means units come out very slow. personally I prefer fencing school first in such a situation. with 3v VC start you should be able to get 25-30 vills for eco before you plonk down a delayed saloon, after which fencing school makes up for the lost time.

Ashvin wrote:Can you use that Age4 Indian civ card which converts all vils to Sepoys? Its pretty much like a revolt but ups is that you can train vils even after and down is that you dont get Imperial upgrade which comes with some civ.

If you consider that it's a card +2k wood, = 3.6k wood= maybe 35-40 sepoys, and also that you need to spend resources to upgrade them to age IV for anything, and also that typically you'd have 40 vills or so with an FI strat, this doesn't sound as great as say an imperial hussar fast revolt strat. I'd only really consider sending the card in late game situations where all resources have run out (except wood, as always), army counts are fairly low and the game is really scrappy (so vills are worth less than army). if the card auto upgraded sepoy to IV as well then it'd actually be pretty good, though.

site wrote:Cowboys and Indians build on Great Plains as Germany
Renegados and Cheyenne Riders. Renegados are anti inf and the Cheyenne are anti cav as well as being hand cav if you research the tech in the nat post.

Sadly cheyenne aren't actually that great in 1v1 situations; the tech costs 350g 350w to change your anti cav dmg from 20 to 40 (a huge investment that you can't afford early game), and you don't benefit from the ability that you have in team games to stack all the native cards etc to make them really good. it's certainly a decent alternative to aging up to III after another player, but you really do need all the cav upgrades at comanche too (speed+hp) to be able to catch cav and do damage. additionally getting the eco to spam both cheyenne + renegado is fairly difficult. it might be worth sending the card that makes nat upgrades cost no coin as an alternative to 700g and aging up in a german mirror, however.
oranges.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Deccan? Plymouth?
Also, if u play on nomad, u can build starting tc closer to opponent's base. If only MM didnt lose health, or if they were free.
It's not impossible, just highly improbable. I think it can be done on plymouth on nomad.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

india tiger rush

pop for pop tigers beat everything except units with attack auras or dragoons being kited. they auto upgrade and can be trained in close proximity to enemy TC.

do india 10/10, age up with kanri mata for crates to make temple and research tiger tech. card order: sm trickle card, as age up, tiger card, go all to food, train ten tiger, then make temple and research other tech, make more tigers, send 3 fail ele, swarm with tigers, and siege with flails.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Russia Wall Spam + Boom would also be good (Sevastapol + stonemasons), aided with cossack raiding, This would box enemy and deny map control.
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:india tiger rush

pop for pop tigers beat everything except units with attack auras or dragoons being kited. they auto upgrade and can be trained in close proximity to enemy TC.

do india 10/10, age up with kanri mata for crates to make temple and research tiger tech. card order: sm trickle card, as age up, tiger card, go all to food, train ten tiger, then make temple and research other tech, make more tigers, send 3 fail ele, swarm with tigers, and siege with flails.

this isn't something I've explored, so would be willing to test.
oranges.
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

Don't tigers have negative multipliers vs villagers? would you ship sowar or sepoy for catching escaping villagers?
This one is stronger than the ghost rush, which would only work on high crate maps.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

they do, but the numbers of tigers will still kill vils, and they out run them. so the follow up would be sepoy or camels sure. The idea is that tigers will kill anything they might pop from TC shipments. if he pops bows its not like you have sepoy that then need to retreat, or ig u have gurka, and have to run from cav etc... just dopples and sams or early dragoons units cause problems in age 2
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by noissance »

@howlingwolfpaw thanks for the swift reply.
I remember a old vanilla 2v2 strategy, that might work on TAD.
2v2 or 3v3 germany being fed heavily. Germany sends church card, gets TP's, goes industrial, and gets the free merc shipments. The team mate feeds and walls to stall enemy (turtle).