Ryu's Sepoy Rush (well it's not mine but w/e)

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Ryu's Sepoy Rush (well it's not mine but w/e)

Post by momuuu »

After the good cards.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

So...?
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Couprider wrote:My comments:
11/10 is available with 4 wood start, and cows/treasures makes it better. It also works well on poor Re maps.
Keep 6-7v on wood, stop chopping after 14/15v, and start to move your vills out when you have 600f.
Scout the place where you'd like to place wonder. Trees/herds/treasure guardians may delay your aging up.
I usually place 3-4v on wonder. As it's a rush, a 5:00+ age up seems to be too slow.

Sepoy rush is good against civs that dont have enough anti-musk early on. Usually I will send 4 sowar after that, as he should have sent some shipments like 8xbow/5yumi etc. Sowar can also kill minutemen, or catch vills outside. After that it will be 600w(stable, consulate, market and upgrades), 300e(brit ally, as 4v is too late now, and you'll have 800e soon after this), 10 tiger claw. You will have many sowar/sepoy/gurkha, 12 redcoats, 10 tiger claw, with 10% hp buff, which is the most scary timing that can kill most age 2 play/slow age 3.

Alternative play:
Vs ffs: if you think you cant stop his aging up (Let's say, spain ff), a brit consulate rush may be better. Another bo is 600w-600g-2 cannon elephant (To kill his falconets), which works well vs ottoman ff (Or revolt). Train veteran sepoy only.
Vs early age 2: if you're facing japan 300w/china colonial play, and you're not doing 11/10, don't send 5 sepoy. Instead you should go 600w 300e, train gurkha directly (Mind your anticav too), and try to kite his units. By this you can hold their pressure too, and have a better eco, while you can still realize if he's trying to age up (You can easily know he doesnt have enough units, by keeping attach).
Vs good semiff: for example french. As it's hard to stop a french semiff, I would build a tp during transition, send trickle-600g, age up too. Train a batch of sepoy against hussar raiding. I'd like to build chaminata gate. Send 600w after 600g for 2nd rax, consulate. After age 3, train discipline sepoy only, mansabdar sepoy, and send 3+2 mahout, 9 sepoy, 9 redcoat etc.
The theory is, sepoy is the best sepoy in age 2, and mass upgraded sepoy with brit ally and mansabdar is still insane! With this build you only need to upgrade one unit (You'll have to upgrade 2-3 units if you go zam/gurkha, and gurkha is still not better than skirms), and mahouts can wipe out his skirms like falling leaves. If he tries to kite you with goon/skirm, just siege his tc/stop his gathering, and he will find it impossible to kill 40+ fully upgraded monsters with a few units kiting.

11/10 (or 10/10) is my favorite strategy.
Error 404: Signature not found
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Darwin_ wrote:So...?

Near the end?
No Flag OrangeRage
Musketeer

Post by OrangeRage »

supernapoleon wrote:Why sawing mill instead of exotic hartwood?

ya I was wondering the same thing....
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

forgrin wrote:No, not at all actually. India doesn't have the eco (remember, no market in trans with this build) to train from both Agra and stable immediately after 2nd colonial shipment, so the structures are kinda wasted at that point. This means you're going to give Japan time to send 600w/4v second shipment. By going 4 sowar second, you can force them to send more yumi or ashi cards, which are reeeally bad for Japan. If you slow down pressure too much early, you allow them to mass up, wall up/repair walls, and start booming again, which you don't want.

Additionally, 4 sowar will arrive usually just after the first fight, meaning you have more units to snare with now that eliphants are dead. This is super crucial against walling, because otherwise you just get kited to death.

Yeah maybe you are right, but dunno I always prefer making a market with doing 50f 50w 50c upgrade and Hunting Eagles before I hit age2
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Jerom wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:So...?

Near the end?

So assuming you did standard trickle, 5 sepoy, 600w, 300e, trickle, would you send after camel cards or would you send it next? I am only asking out of curiosity as I don't really know what to send after the normal BO.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

700 food can be useful when the hunts are running out, it gives you a large boost
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

700f is good for getting big batches of units but id send gold or camel ups before then
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

I just don't know how to feel about 700f. I don't like the shipment for a few reasons. First off it's poor in value (in terms of VS, like mitoe mentioned). Secondly, one of India's strengths is that they have the lowest food consumption of any civ in the game almost, except maybe Dutch or something. The thing is, India has map control with Agra, Dutch cower in their base behind banks like Wall-street crooks. So not only does India sit on food resources, it also doesn't go through them as quickly. I don't know why I'd ever send 700f compared to camel upgrades, wood trickles, export, unit upgrades, etc.

I just don't like the shipment on principle. Other shipments are just better.
Japan empireoftherisingsun
Crossbow
ESO: braindrop

Post by empireoftherisingsun »

This is actually very good, I will try it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

kami_ryu wrote:I just don't know how to feel about 700f. I don't like the shipment for a few reasons. First off it's poor in value (in terms of VS, like mitoe mentioned). Secondly, one of India's strengths is that they have the lowest food consumption of any civ in the game almost, except maybe Dutch or something. The thing is, India has map control with Agra, Dutch cower in their base behind banks like Wall-street crooks. So not only does India sit on food resources, it also doesn't go through them as quickly. I don't know why I'd ever send 700f compared to camel upgrades, wood trickles, export, unit upgrades, etc.

I just don't like the shipment on principle. Other shipments are just better.

Its better than shipments it competes with. That is, age 1 cards, tiger claws or refrigeration.
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Would this work vs chinese semi FF?
Error 404: Signature not found
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I use 700f in my land decks. Unless you're a tiger claw player what else are people using? Id rather fill the slot than leave it blank. I think I end up sending it quite a bit too.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

WickedCossack wrote:I use 700f in my land decks. Unless you're a tiger claw player what else are people using? Id rather fill the slot than leave it blank. I think I end up sending it quite a bit too.

So how good do u think the handattack card is? Quoting u cuz ur the best India player I know mr. Melon
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

rsy wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:I use 700f in my land decks. Unless you're a tiger claw player what else are people using? Id rather fill the slot than leave it blank. I think I end up sending it quite a bit too.

So how good do u think the handattack card is? Quoting u cuz ur the best India player I know mr. Melon

Disclaimer: I am not cossack.

Pretty sure the hand attack card makes sowar 2-hit lbows so definitely for that matchup. It's pretty good in any MU where you'll need to mix a considerable amount of sowar or you'll have to tank hand cav with sepoy.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Yea the hand attack card is a solid choice. The boost to urumis and sepoys though makes it worth it. It is probably one of the least important age 2 cards along with 700f though. I still prefer them over the alternatives (tiger claws / rice paddy upgrade.)
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

10 tiger claw is an OP shipment in age 2, equal to urumi in age 3. I may discard 700f for melee attack, but I'll have tiger claw in every supremacy deck.
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I normally have melee attack instead of 700f. On RE qs, I would use 700f deck tho, and prolly just on RE in general.
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

think about tiger claws with hand atack card :uglylol:

European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

kami_ryu wrote:- I have heard good things about Dravidian Martial Arts as well.

Personally I never use this card. (rarely make rajputs) However it just dawned on me. All melee attacks included cav melee as well? For some reason I excluded that from my thought. That would however make the card more worth while. But is this true?

Edit: Found the answer: http://aoe3.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,35375,3540,all

That card is going definately back in my deck. ^_^
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

one thing you really need is the team 2 flail elifent card
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

@Asateo Also useful for Sepoys.
Pay more attention to detail.
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

That card is in 1v1 only worth 357VS. That's not a lot.

5Sepoy is 785 VS worth. 60 less siege, but usuable for other things then sieging.

In 1v1 the flail card doesn't seem that good...
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

yea "Ryu's" sepoy rush