Help improving

Canada fawaz70
Crossbow
ESO: fawaz70

Help improving

Post by fawaz70 »

Hey i've just been trying to improve my gameplay of aoe3 and its really tough for me for some reason, i can beat hard bots but its very close game and expert mode just destroys me. I've watched pro players and streams etc and it doesn't seem to help me improve even though i try. I'm always forgetting key details in games like build villagers or build x building etc... Any tips would be helpful and currently I main Dutch.

Maybe you've seen me around twitch, i stream once in a while always asking for viewer support on improving etc etc

Thanks !! :smile:
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Re: Help improving

Post by fei123456 »

learn from master goodspeed, you should.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

I think the biggest thing at your level is just following a build and executing it well (no idle tc/villager time, no floating res, etc). Also, do you play on ESO? I played vs only the AI on aoe2, aom, aoe3 for a really long time and really only improved very very slowly even though I spent a lot of effort. As soon as you start playing online vs real people i think you'll see that you'll improve a lot more and a lot faster. Other than that, I'd recommend site's guide and pretty much anything else on strategy wall, including interjections tips and tricks YT guide.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Canada grizzgolf
Crossbow
ESO: grizzgolf

Post by grizzgolf »

sdsanft wrote:I think the biggest thing at your level is just following a build and executing it well (no idle tc/villager time, no floating res, etc). Also, do you play on ESO? I played vs only the AI on aoe2, aom, aoe3 for a really long time and really only improved very very slowly even though I spent a lot of effort. As soon as you start playing online vs real people i think you'll see that you'll improve a lot more and a lot faster. Other than that, I'd recommend site's guide and pretty much anything else on strategy wall, including interjections tips and tricks YT guide.

Whats Strategy wall?
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

Hey there, if your looking for people to play with to improve check out my steam group here http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AOE3NOOBS
We have 137 members currently and are mostly below pr 20. I find playing a lot of unrated and free for all online helps you improve and it helps to have some regular friends to play with.
India Challenger_Marco
ESOC Media Team
ESO: challenger_marco

Post by Challenger_Marco »

fawaz70 wrote:Hey i've just been trying to improve my gameplay of aoe3 and its really tough for me for some reason, i can beat hard bots but its very close game and expert mode just destroys me. I've watched pro players and streams etc and it doesn't seem to help me improve even though i try. I'm always forgetting key details in games like build villagers or build x building etc... Any tips would be helpful and currently I main Dutch.

Maybe you've seen me around twitch, i stream once in a while always asking for viewer support on improving etc etc

Click here to learn strategies
viewforum.php?f=29
Click here to learn strategies for all civs
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9169
Click here to watch records and learn
viewforum.php?f=20
Click here to see your gameplay status just typing ur eso account name and hit search!
If u don't have eso account then u need to buy from steam or buy CD.
Helpful YouTube channels
Interjection aoe3
Mcjim age of empires 3
Venividiviciw
Esoctv
Etc
I hope this is helpful please share this among ur friends and help them to improve , yeah I had the same problem when I was at ur level ,what u need to do is just get used to this game, once u played for 2 months ,u will remember key things automatically ,as a newbie u will feel new to the game and time to catch up, but it happens to everyone ,don't worry, just click my links will help u.
:nwc:
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

fawaz70 wrote:Hey i've just been trying to improve my gameplay of aoe3 and its really tough for me for some reason, i can beat hard bots but its very close game and expert mode just destroys me. I've watched pro players and streams etc and it doesn't seem to help me improve even though i try. I'm always forgetting key details in games like build villagers or build x building etc... Any tips would be helpful and currently I main Dutch.

Just play, play and play. Need to play a lot to improve.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:

Disagree in part. Only playing a lot doest help, you have to do it online, and always going out of confort zone.
There is a guy in aoe3 subreddit that brags about how good he is and how he has thousands of practice hours against the pc, and hes sub pr10 on eso.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

lemmings121 wrote:
DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:

Disagree in part. Only playing a lot doest help, you have to do it online, and always going out of confort zone.
There is a guy in aoe3 subreddit that brags about how good he is and how he has thousands of practice hours against the pc, and hes sub pr10 on eso.

Gibsonator?
[Sith] - Baphomet
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Vranak, right?
Italy DaRkNiTe1698
Lancer
ESO: Marco1698

Post by DaRkNiTe1698 »

lemmings121 wrote:
DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:

Well, if you know good builds, play a lot and still after years, you don't get a good rank, then could be you reached your pick at the game. Of course, I am of the idea that playing a lot is the most useful thing you can do.
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

DaRkNiTe1698 wrote:
lemmings121 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Well, if you know good builds, play a lot and still after years, you don't get a good rank, then could be you reached your pick at the game. Of course, I am of the idea that playing a lot is the most useful thing you can do.

I think some players definitely reach their peak. I have played many sergeants who have a few thousand games played. I believe the way to improve is play a lot, record and analyse your gameplay, then you can fully understand what your good at and what your bad at. I know from watching my replays at times my scouting is really bad, which i need to improve on.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

You can play a thousand games but you wont improve unless you consciously try to which is why some sergeants do have thousands of games while other can reach pr30+ in a month.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

What's your eso name? If you want, you can just pm it to me. I'm not high level, but can beat expert ai. (Walls!) I'm not online a lot, life is a bit crazy right now, but when I am, we can play some games together. CelticCrusader is a lot of fun to play with and a really good teammate, even though I've only had the pleasure once. We won, of course. :biggrin:
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html