ESOC WarChiefs Classic: Rules and Tournament Info

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: ESOC WarChiefs Classic: Rules and Tournament Info

Post by deleted_user0 »

umeu wrote:why not? @deleted_user2

sioux is the only one that has a decent civ pool that doesnt almost hard counter them. aztec struggle vs brits and france, though india is a good mu vs them on most maps i guess.

iro just flat out loses to spain and otto on ep, and they are at best even vs dutch.

If japan walls good enough it's 100% impossible MU for sioux.
Secondly, if Japan goes full water kynesie style it's endless game. Sioux can't finish it because 18 range units vs 35 range frigates.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

yes on water sioux can't win (doesn't matter which civ tbh). sioux can win on land vs walls without much problem though.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

umeu wrote:yes on water sioux can't win (doesn't matter which civ tbh). sioux can win on land vs walls without much problem though.

I doubt if you played this MU vs a really good japan player who makes also walls inside the base so yumis have always a cover to shoot. Because then things get quite impossible especially with nerfed BR.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

somppukunkku wrote:
umeu wrote:yes on water sioux can't win (doesn't matter which civ tbh). sioux can win on land vs walls without much problem though.

I doubt if you played this MU vs a really good japan player who makes also walls inside the base so yumis have always a cover to shoot. Because then things get quite impossible especially with nerfed BR.

GUA style?
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Snuden wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:

GUA style?

>a really good japan player
>GUA

these words should not be in the same post
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

To me it seems like the civs in the pool are pretty much all countered by the native civs. That is except for French and Japan. Maybe India but none seems to play correctly. Spain-otto might not be countered by Iro but they're relatively weak compared to like Brits, Germans, China, etc.
Btw BR are the least unit you want to make vs Japan, regardless of Jap strat.
Image Image Image
Great Britain I_HaRRiiSoN_I
Retired Contributor

Post by I_HaRRiiSoN_I »

i dont get why everyone is getting so butt-hurt over civ slection rules for a tourny which is really there to be fun and not serious, which is in contrast to the seasonal big tournaments. If you dont like it, dont enter. Theres a possibility that this tournament will be used as a data collection for further modifications to the war chiefs civs in future patches. at least in this tourny we wont have to see any more brit mirrors.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

phpBB [video]

:hmm:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Garja wrote:To me it seems like the civs in the pool are pretty much all countered by the native civs. That is except for French and Japan. Maybe India but none seems to play correctly. Spain-otto might not be countered by Iro but they're relatively weak compared to like Brits, Germans, China, etc.

i disagree here, spain and otto vs iro was already pretty close mu on re. and now spain has been buffed alot, otto nerf doesnt affect this mu really, and iro nerf affects them negatively by alot.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Garja wrote:To me it seems like the civs in the pool are pretty much all countered by the native civs. That is except for French and Japan. Maybe India but none seems to play correctly. Spain-otto might not be countered by Iro but they're relatively weak compared to like Brits, Germans, China, etc.

If that is true; "that natives counter almost all civs in the pool"; why do you think we see so little MU with natives then? Do you think ppl will not pick natives, if they where sure to counter almost all the rest of civs :?: :?:
If its true what you say, we will get some proof of that in the tournament, I hope. I also hope that this can be educational for those who do not know TWC yet.
Lastly, I hope this will result in more natives being played in tournaments (again) and in stream - cos they are fun to watch, and fun to play, and it could B good with a little more diversity in MUs :love:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I've gotten so many complaints that the euro / tad civs either hard counter the natives or are hard countered by the natives that it seems this tournament will show a lot!
mad cuz bad
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher
ESO: deadrising78

Post by deadrising78 »

pecelot wrote:
phpBB [video]

Thats assuming japan turtles and a map with a lot of tps, what if japan did some ashi club rush?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

iwillspankyou wrote:If that is true; "that natives counter almost all civs in the pool"; why do you think we see so little MU with natives then? Do you think ppl will not pick natives, if they where sure to counter almost all the rest of civs :?: :?:

Then why do you think people don't pick iro on RE, even if they are sure to counter all the other civs :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
Most people don't like to play with or against those civs, regardless of how good they are. It's simple...

iwillspankyou wrote:If its true what you say, we will get some proof of that in the tournament, I hope. I also hope that this can be educational for those who do not know TWC yet.

We probs won't see that because people play euro and asian civs much better than twc civs, and also because the idea of a tourney with only twc civs will repel a lot of good players. I don't expect this tourney to be relevant, and the weird civs picks rules won't help.

iwillspankyou wrote:Lastly, I hope this will result in more natives being played in tournaments (again) and in stream - cos they are fun to watch, and fun to play, and it could B good with a little more diversity in MUs :love:

People won't start enjoying to play those civs because of that tourney. If even a tourney with a 1k5 prizepool didn't motivate people to play twc civs, do you really think anything else will?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Spain-iro is by any close on RE. Also Iro-otto isn't, even tho it might be harder. Just straight ff with fast age and win them both easily.
Image Image Image
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

deadrising78 wrote:
pecelot wrote:
phpBB [video]

Thats assuming japan turtles and a map with a lot of tps, what if japan did some ashi club rush?

Perhaps naked FF into RR, Morning Star or Pistoleros? :hmm:
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

deadrising78 wrote:
pecelot wrote:
phpBB [video]

Then you're scouting it and hold with cetans in teepees
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

>fund an entire tourney
>let whoever participates
>Get criticized by people who think this game are mathematics and strategy and game skills doesn't matter.

I vote for saying thank you to @spanky4ever and enjoying the games that for sure are going to be different than the last semi-ff touneys. I also think it will give the opportunity to really make a state of native civs strength on the ep, because right now a lot of people are talking without playing them.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Rikikipu wrote:>fund an entire tourney
>let whoever participates
>Get criticized by people who think this game are mathematics and strategy and game skills doesn't matter.

I vote for saying thank you to @spanky4ever and enjoying the games that for sure are going to be different than the last semi-ff touneys. I also think it will give the opportunity to really make a state of native civs strength on the ep, because right now a lot of people are talking without playing them.

I agree! Cheers to @spanky4ever ! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
mad cuz bad
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

I think it is extremely nice of @spanky4ever to fund this event. It is very interesting, especially for me as a newcomer to Age Of Empires 3 to see these civs, as they don't get played often in tournaments. It's also very nice to have more events and expand the community. Keeping this game alive is really nice and this is a great opportunity for newer players to get amongst!

Thank you iwillspankyou :love:
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

I mean criticism itself isn't bad at all, but I get your point.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deadrising78 wrote:
pecelot wrote:
phpBB [video]

that's how you win thus mu on re cause soiux can't hold a club rush. Idk about ep though with teepee soiux might be able to defend.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

gibson wrote:
deadrising78 wrote:
pecelot wrote:
phpBB [video]

that's how you win thus mu on re cause soiux can't hold a club rush. Idk about ep though with teepee soiux might be able to defend.

i think fs club rush you just go straight ff. 5 rr rape everything.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Yumi
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dogsoldiers.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH