ESOC WarChiefs Classic: Rules and Tournament Info

Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Re: ESOC WarChiefs Classic: Rules and Tournament Info

Post by gamevideo113 »

Hyped for this tournament!
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:why not? @deleted_user2

sioux is the only one that has a decent civ pool that doesnt almost hard counter them. aztec struggle vs brits and france, though india is a good mu vs them on most maps i guess.

iro just flat out loses to spain and otto on ep, and they are at best even vs dutch.

sioux on the other hand beats japan and russia, and they china is a fair mu for them. they also beat the other nat civs. i'm not sure who wins between aztecs and iro atm, it used to be ez mu for iro, but iro is pretty bad for colonial play atm and they cant ff vs aztecs i think.

Well given that this tournament is simply to please iwillspankyou I dont know why its a problem that sioux has a decent civ pool.
European Union matty1248
Crossbow

Post by matty1248 »

This tourney is a great idea in my opinion (though perhaps the format needs some revision) showing the diversity of the game and asking people to be a bit more creative. I notice Jerom that you have some big issue with it :D , you need not watch, you need also not state your same points endlessly. I like to watch the bi-annual tourneys, i know the players and have a good understanding of the game and so can follow, for less experienced players it is not so easy to follow i would say. This tourney can be something different i feel, perhaps more appealing to new players and certainly with more variety with the civ rules. It might also be wise to play it on standard maps, again so less experienced players can relate more to it. Why are the organisers of the tournaments always so keen to add more diversity in the map pool where most people watching do not even have those maps? There should definately be more emphasis on keeping a varied civ pool rather than a varied map pool
I would advise that a priority of tournaments should be to promote the game and encourage new players in this diminishing community rather than making it increasingly exclusive and elitist.
In any case this question you pose of who should decide the nature of the tourneys is an interesting one Jerom, perhaps you might think more on this issue yourself. Would you rather there was simply no tourney between now and autumn?
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

Jerom wrote:

sioux is the only one that has a decent civ pool that doesnt almost hard counter them. aztec struggle vs brits and france, though india is a good mu vs them on most maps i guess.

iro just flat out loses to spain and otto on ep, and they are at best even vs dutch.

sioux on the other hand beats japan and russia, and they china is a fair mu for them. they also beat the other nat civs. i'm not sure who wins between aztecs and iro atm, it used to be ez mu for iro, but iro is pretty bad for colonial play atm and they cant ff vs aztecs i think.

Well given that this tournament is simply to please iwillspankyou I dont know why its a problem that sioux has a decent civ pool.

dont be so negativ. Not a fan of this either but in the end idc. Its an extra tourney and spankyou funded it completly (kudos for that). I might even sign up for it just for fun. I usually dont play nats so im curious how well id do. On the other hand signing up in a tourney for civs I dont actually play is a big hassle and twitch chats are so cancerous that im inclined to not do it.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@lordraphael hope you sign up, and take the opportune to learn some new civs :love:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

I would like to see Rafa multitasking Sioux cav
mad cuz bad
Germany eulergauss
Crossbow

Post by eulergauss »

lordraphael sign up pls, would be great :smile:
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

But neither Euler nor Gauss signed up :sad:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Germany eulergauss
Crossbow

Post by eulergauss »

they aren't allowed to play cause of sheduling problems sadly :'(
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

not sure if i can play, but ive signed up anyway, hopefully my schedule and internet wont be fkd up :P i wanna siuuu some peeplzz
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Jerom wrote:

well given that she funded it all, i hope it pleases her very much. or she will spank us!
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

You me aiz final hype
mad cuz bad
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

diarouga kynesie tit frenchie hype!
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: MamelukƩ

Post by Mameluke »

I signed in for the tournament if anybody wants to train (by playing) with me he can add me to his list. Ingame name:

iLoveSquats
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Elo is not updating - has not for some time now. Consequence could b that some ppl cannot join the tournament, cos their pr was to low for some 10 days ago, while they have gained the ranked needed meanwhile.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

ELO and PR are two different things. PR updates just fine.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Snuden wrote:ELO and PR are two different things. PR updates just fine.

My bad, getting confused with the terms, but actually I am sergent skill level 15 in the game, while elo has me stuck on 14,23. So I am not making this up as a possibility that could happen - It actually is happening :unsure:
Btw, its not Iwillspankyou account, but my original account I am referring to.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

iwillspankyou wrote:

My bad, getting confused with the terms, but actually I am sergent skill level 15 in the game, while elo has me stuck on 14,23. So I am not making this up as a possibility that could happen - It actually is happening :unsure:

The game always rounds up so if elo says you are pr 14.23 then you are pr15.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

And thereby qualifies!

Iwanttobespanked hype!
[Sith] - Baphomet
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

britishmusketeer wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

Sorry, that is not so. I just tried to enter, but cannot cos I dont fit the minimum qualifications (15). So elo not updating, has this consequence for me anyways.
Spain Snuden
Jaeger

Post by Snuden »

That's very unfortunate to say the least.
[Sith] - Baphomet
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

iwillspankyou wrote:
britishmusketeer wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:My bad, getting confused with the terms, but actually I am sergent skill level 15 in the game, while elo has me stuck on 14,23. So I am not making this up as a possibility that could happen - It actually is happening :unsure:

Sorry, that is not so. I just tried to enter, but cannot cos I dont fit the minimum qualifications (15). So elo not updating, has this consequence for me anyways.

Well I meant if the elo ladders said you were pr 14.23 then you would be pr15 on eso assuming they were synced. Either way i'm sure an admin can add you manually.
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

n0el wrote:Tournament Rules

Examples:
Player A vs. Player B (BEST OF 5)

Map #1:
Player A chooses Aztec, Player B chooses Sioux. Player B wins.

Map #2:
Player B chooses first and must select a native civilization (Sioux is unavailable because of use in game #1
Player B chooses Aztec. Player B must now choose from: British, French, India or his remaining natives (Since Aztec was chosen in Game 1, only Sioux and Iro are available). Player B chooses French. Player B wins.

Map #3:
Player A chooses first and must select a Native civilization (Aztec is unavailable because of use in game #1, if a native was selected in game 2 they are also unavailable.) Player B chooses Iroquois. Player A must now choose from: Dutch, Spain, Ottoman or his remaining natives (Since Sioux was chosen in game #1, and Aztec in game #2, only Iroquois is available). Player A wins.

Map #4:
Player B chooses first and must select a Native civilization (all are now available because of the civilization reset). Player B chooses Sioux. Player A must now choose from Japan, Russia, China or a native civilization (all are available due to the reset). Player A wins.

Map #5:
Player A chooses first and must select a Native civilization (all are now available unless he choose a native in map #4). Player A chooses Aztec. Player B must now choose from British, French, India or his remaining natives (Since Sioux was chosen in Game 1, only Aztec and Iro are available). Player B chooses Aztec.

I think you got a little mixed up. Bold letters should be changed imo
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

@aligator92 fixed thanks
mad cuz bad
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

You can see the most up-to-date PR directly on the ESO interface in the "Home Cities" tab. It's also possible to search any other player there.
The "Supremacy Points" in this tab is the exact PR decimal number. This number is the one that needs to be over 15, and from what I'm seeing, @spanky4ever's current PR is 13.31905.

Technical facts aside, it wouldn't surprise me if the admins just made an exception here.
momuuu wrote: ā†‘theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player