ESOC WarChiefs Classic: Rules and Tournament Info

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Re: ESOC WarChiefs Classic: Rules and Tournament Info

Post by spanky4ever »

EAGLEMUT wrote:You can see the most up-to-date PR directly on the ESO interface in the "Home Cities" tab. It's also possible to search any other player there.
The "Supremacy Points" in this tab is the exact PR decimal number. This number is the one that needs to be over 15, and from what I'm seeing, @spanky4ever's current PR is 13.31905.

Technical facts aside, it wouldn't surprise me if the admins just made an exception here.

Not talking about Iwillspankyou account though :P I Know that one is to low :biggrin:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Aha!
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

So when does it start? Its my first tourney so show mercy pls. I thought like if there arent over 64 players the ro64 will start earlier maybe.
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

When will the brackets be available? :love:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
United States of America musketeer925
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: musketeer925

Post by musketeer925 »

P i k i l i c wrote:When will the brackets be available? :love:

Brackets up. I'll get scheduling threads posted tonight.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

so what are the civ rules now? its not really clear to me. free pick from twc civs in game 1 and then?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Indeed, it seems that the part explaining civ rules in detail has been removed. @n0el @Mr_Bramboy
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

There was some internal last minute discussion which led to the civilization rules being revised slightly. As far as I know, a consensus was reached. I was personally not involved in these talks because I'm a bad player so I feel like I shouldn't have input in civilization rules and as a result, I don't have access to the latest civilization rules, but I will ask Noel and Ryan to update this post ASAP.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

musketeer925 wrote:
P i k i l i c wrote:When will the brackets be available? :love:

Brackets up. I'll get scheduling threads posted tonight.

@Pikilic Scheduling threads are now online.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

You guys didn't use the results from the spring championship to seed the players? Only ELO? Doesn't make much sense tbh
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Kaiserklein wrote:You guys didn't use the results from the spring championship to seed the players? Only ELO? Doesn't make much sense tbh

We did not use preseeds this tournament. The byes you see is because we did not fill 64 slots.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Yes but you chose the people who got byes according to elo, right?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Kaiserklein wrote:Yes but you chose the people who got byes according to elo, right?

Correct. We only use results from previous tournaments in seasonal open tournaments.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Well that's kinda bad. But not a big deal anyway
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

The civilization rules have been posted and won't be changed anymore.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

n0el wrote:Civilization Rules
To encourage a range of native involved matchups we will use a new set of rules. A native will be played in every game in the event!

Game 1: Both players agree to any native vs native matchup. If agreement cannot be made then a randomly selected native mirror will be picked.

The winner of game 1 picks a native civ and the loser then picks one of the three allowed civilizations. From that point on alternating pick is in place and each player can only use each native civilization once.

According to the rules game 3 of a BO3 could be a non-native vs a non-native no?

What am I missing?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:The civilization rules have been posted and won't be changed anymore.

Sweet, thanks! :flowers:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

WickedCossack wrote:
To encourage a range of native involved matchups we will use a new set of rules. A native will be played in every game in the event!

Game 1: Both players agree to any native vs native matchup. If agreement cannot be made then a randomly selected native mirror will be picked.

The winner of game 1 picks a native civ and the loser then picks one of the three allowed civilizations. From that point on alternating pick is in place and each player can only use each native civilization once.

According to the rules game 3 of a BO3 could be a non-native vs a non-native no?

What am I missing?

As I understand it, the "firstpick" must always be a native civ. Then the other guy proceeds to counterpick from the available pool. Right?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:The civilization rules have been posted and won't be changed anymore.

I think china should added to the pool of iro. Switch it for germany imo (or france). I think all tad civs should be represented too, for some diversity. And iro vs fre or iro vs ger is almost the same mu amyway on ep. Except that ger win because its semi ff is better.

China was in the pool before, its kinda sad to see it gone.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:

What am I missing?

As I understand it, the "firstpick" must always be a native civ. Then the other guy proceeds to counterpick from the available pool. Right?

If the firstpick must always be a native civ it should probably say that in the rules somewhere. :lol:
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

WickedCossack wrote:if the firstpick must always be a native civ it should probably say that in the rules somewhere. :lol:

1.1 - Players will freely pick their civilization in game 1. After that, players alternatively pick their civilization, starting with the winner of game 1. Game 1 must be a native civilization for each player.

A native will be played in every game in the event!
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

umeu wrote:

I think china should added to the pool of iro. Switch it for germany imo (or france). I think all tad civs should be represented too, for some diversity. And iro vs fre or iro vs ger is almost the same mu amyway on ep. Except that ger win because its semi ff is better.

China was in the pool before, its kinda sad to see it gone.

Spain is also in the pool twice, not sure if its intentional, but maybe switch it out for brits or otto vs aztecs or sioux. Should be good mus imo. Or switch germany to face sioux (though imo germany should just be removed as they do too good vs any twc to make it fun i think)
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

WickedCossack wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:

If the firstpick must always be a native civ it should probably say that in the rules somewhere. :lol:

Yes the rules are too vague. For example, if its bo7, first game is sioux mirror, does that mean the next games neither player is allowed to use sioux anymore? So it will be g1 svs. G2 ivx. G3 xva. G4avx, then reset? G5 xvs g6 ivx g7 xva.

If this is the case, it may be favorable to lose g1, as that means you dont have to play all twc civs, but you can get away with just 2
Germany aligator92
Howdah
ESO: aligator92

Post by aligator92 »

i think civs also reset after game 1
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

ilovesquats wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:If the firstpick must always be a native civ it should probably say that in the rules somewhere. :lol:

1.1 - Players will freely pick their civilization in game 1. After that, players alternatively pick their civilization, starting with the winner of game 1. Game 1 must be a native civilization for each player.

A native will be played in every game in the event!

What?

To clarify this is "firstpick" not game 1 pick. See the quote tunnel.