What is your favorite place to get Pizza?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.

Favorite Pizza?

Poll ended at 19 Sep 2017, 01:54

Little Caesar's
3%
Papa Johns
3%
Pizza Hut
10%
Domino's
17%
Other (Local)
48%
Other (Mainstream)
14%
I don't care, Pizza's Pizza!
3%

Total votes: 29

No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Re: What is your favorite place to get Pizza?

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Acolyte wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Why would purchasing food be wasteful? I'm supporting my local dominos establishment and helping keep people employed! I also don't think I'd make anything better myself, dominos engineers their pizzas to compete in the market.

What about reading a cooking book ? you can try this book Un coup de pouce ??? btw buying pizza on Mcdonald its not a good idea :flowers:

McDonald's does not sell pizza!
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Russia Acolyte
Dragoon

Post by Acolyte »

:wood:
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Acolyte wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Why would purchasing food be wasteful? I'm supporting my local dominos establishment and helping keep people employed! I also don't think I'd make anything better myself, dominos engineers their pizzas to compete in the market.

What about reading a cooking book ? you can try this book Un coup de pouce ??? btw buying pizza on Mcdonald its not a good idea :flowers:

Woow, Mcdonalds sells pizza? I likely wouldn't get one there even if I could find a Mcdonald's that offers them. Also, I'm not big of reading most books, especially if it's to improve a situation that's not broken in the first place.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Acolyte wrote:
Show hidden quotes

There was a McDonalds in the US that did for a while. They have stopped as of earlier this year.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:
Show hidden quotes

There was a McDonalds in the US that did for a while. They have stopped as of earlier this year.

I was right then, they do not sell it (that's the present tense for you weak English speakers)
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I was right then, they do not sell it (that's the present tense for you weak English speakers)

I think maybe in some select locations they could sell it. It is hard to keep up. In general you are right :)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
No Flag Dr. D1CK
Skirmisher

Post by Dr. D1CK »

Personally I prefer Sams in wildwood NJ. I also prefer my own warped idea of what pizza from Pizza Hut once was. If that fails metro, ninos and dominoes is good. I did like lil Cesar’s stuffed pepperoni crust pizza but I think it has been done away with. I can personally attest to the skills Cheadar has is not burning the house down while cookimg flaming bacon.
"Build a man a fire, he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life"
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Dr. D1CK wrote:Personally I prefer Sams in wildwood NJ. I also prefer my own warped idea of what pizza from Pizza Hut once was. If that fails metro, ninos and dominoes is good. I did like lil Cesar’s stuffed pepperoni crust pizza but I think it has been done away with. I can personally attest to the skills Cheadar has is not burning the house down while cookimg flaming bacon.

Did you ever try out Hot Spot 4 also in Wildwood NJ? I went there once or twice when I was younger; the last time was about 10 years ago but I recall liking it quite a bit. Your post reminded me to go look it up, and I was disappointed to find out that it only has two stars on Yelp.
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag Dr. D1CK
Skirmisher

Post by Dr. D1CK »

Vinyanenya wrote:
Dr. D1CK wrote:Personally I prefer Sams in wildwood NJ. I also prefer my own warped idea of what pizza from Pizza Hut once was. If that fails metro, ninos and dominoes is good. I did like lil Cesar’s stuffed pepperoni crust pizza but I think it has been done away with. I can personally attest to the skills Cheadar has is not burning the house down while cookimg flaming bacon.

Did you ever try out Hot Spot 4 also in Wildwood NJ? I went there once or twice when I was younger; the last time was about 10 years ago but I recall liking it quite a bit. Your post reminded me to go look it up, and I was disappointed to find out that it only has two stars on Yelp.

I have had hot spot 4 before. I am not sure it what it once was but that’s everything in life I guess. There are still tons of great places to get pizza in Wildwood.
"Build a man a fire, he will stay warm for a night. Set a man on fire, he will be warm for the rest of his life"
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

I would have said pizza hut/domino's a year ago. Now that I tried the small italian restaurants nearby my apartment, I'll prob never order dominos again.

They are cheaper than dominos: the "coupon" large 3 toppings cost $18 with delivery, while those restaurants deliver similar sized pizza (between 12-14 inches) for $17-20. In the end there is no reason to pay more for dominos in nyc while those italian pizzas have much more flavor with more quality ingredients, are less salty, and have a better crust.

I guess it was common sense but it took me some time to discover that, and I still don't get how domino's survives charging such prices. Just checked if I wanted a large hawaian delivery (why would anyone put pineapple on a pizza, sounds disgusting): $26.
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

benj89 wrote:I would have said pizza hut/domino's a year ago. Now that I tried the small italian restaurants nearby my apartment, I'll prob never order dominos again.

They are cheaper than dominos: the "coupon" large 3 toppings cost $18 with delivery, while those restaurants deliver similar sized pizza (between 12-14 inches) for $17-20. In the end there is no reason to pay more for dominos in nyc while those italian places have much more flavor with more quality ingredients, are less salty, and have a better crust.

I guess it was common sense but it took me some time to discover that, and I still don't get how domino's survives charging such prices. Just checked if I wanted a large hawaian delivery (why would anyone put pineapple on a pizza, sounds disgusting): $26.

You aren't using the Domino's coupons that you should be; also, if you're a member of their rewards program you can earn free pizzas.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
benj89 wrote:I would have said pizza hut/domino's a year ago. Now that I tried the small italian restaurants nearby my apartment, I'll prob never order dominos again.

They are cheaper than dominos: the "coupon" large 3 toppings cost $18 with delivery, while those restaurants deliver similar sized pizza (between 12-14 inches) for $17-20. In the end there is no reason to pay more for dominos in nyc while those italian places have much more flavor with more quality ingredients, are less salty, and have a better crust.

You aren't using the Domino's coupons that you should be; also, if you're a member of their rewards program you can earn free pizzas.

Most days you can get 50% off!
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Can I take a moment to say that I really dislike the business model of having regularly inflated prices with frequent sales of 50+% off? It just introduces another level of hassle I have to employ so as not to get fucked by pricing.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

deleted_user wrote:Can I take a moment to say that I really dislike the business model of having regularly inflated prices with frequent sales of 50+% off? It just introduces another level of hassle I have to employ so as not to get fucked by pricing.

phpBB [video]
duck
:mds:
imo
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Get used to it, it's what people want
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

fightinfrenchman wrote:

Never really paid attention to the group coupons which I'm assuming you are referring to, since they always add coke or other stuff we don't want. It can sounds weird but I like pairing wine with fast foods, like with a good shake shack yday. Actually I just checked right now, all the group coupon are 1-2 toppings.
Yea, the reward thing: a medium two-topping pizza after like 6 online orders. The issue is, their ingredients lack flavor so I need at least 3 toppings to enjoy their pizza (usually get 4), and If I'm hungry I rather have the large ones. I don't mind 2 toppings on a quality pizza, just not the domino's ones.
I never saw the 50% off days
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

benj89 wrote:
fightinfrenchman wrote:

Never really paid attention to the group coupons which I'm assuming you are referring to, since they always add coke or other stuff we don't want. It can sounds weird but I like pairing wine with fast foods, like with a good shake shack yday. Actually I just checked right now, all the group coupon are 1-2 toppings.
Yea, the reward thing: a medium two-topping pizza after like 6 online orders. The issue is, their ingredients lack flavor so I need at least 3 toppings to enjoy their pizza (usually get 4), and If I'm hungry I rather have the large ones. I don't mind 2 toppings on a quality pizza, just not the domino's ones.
I never saw the 50% off days

Get the 7.99 large 3 topping, it's one of the best deals a pizza establishment has ever or will ever do.

Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Also, the poll needs to be reopened so I can get my vote in.

New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

evilcheadar wrote:Also, the poll needs to be reopened so I can get my vote in.

It's a great thing for you to do.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

evilcheadar wrote:Get the 7.99 large 3 topping, it's one of the best deals a pizza establishment has ever or will ever do.

Those coupon differ depending where you live. In nyc, that deal is $12.99, to which you add $3.5 for delivery and $1.5 for taxes, $18 total. For $17-$20, I have a 3-5 toppings, abt same size including delivery from most italian restaurants, add $1.5 taxes, so you end up paying about $2 more for a much better pizza, and that's using Domino's coupon. Without coupon, I believe you save more than $6 picking the italian option. How does that make sense
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Man the Omaha cost of living is so nice and it's not even a bad city. Lots going on!
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

benj89 wrote:
evilcheadar wrote:Get the 7.99 large 3 topping, it's one of the best deals a pizza establishment has ever or will ever do.

Those coupon differ depending where you live. In nyc, that deal is $12.99, to which you add $3.5 for delivery and $1.5 for taxes, $18 total. For $17-$20, I have a 3-5 toppings, abt same size including delivery from most italian restaurants, add $1.5 taxes, so you end up paying about $2 more for a much better pizza, and that's using Domino's coupon. Without coupon, I believe you save more than $6 picking the italian option. How does that make sense

It's not my fault that things cost more in the city. That's the price you pay - literally!
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

benj89 wrote:

I think I prefer dominos to any "real" Italian style pizza. Much like I prefer Hershey chocolate to the "real" European chocolate.

No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Some Europeans think Hershey's tastes like vomit. To that I say they taste like vomit!