The scandals reach ESOC

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

The scandals reach ESOC

Post by fightinfrenchman »

As you may have heard, a series of sexual harassment scandals have been in the news, from Harvey Weinstein to Kevin Spacey and many more. I believe something similar is about to happen on ESOC with cheating accusations. As we can see here in this awkward exchange between Bramboy and n0el two people were caught cheating in the ESOC tournament.

This is just the beginning. I think we all know some people who have used cheats and we looked the other way. Now is the time for people to rise up and end this widespread abuse of power.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Re: The scandals reach ESOC

Post by Gendarme »

I hope to see this topic covered in the next podcasht.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Fake newsh
mad cuz bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

@n0el are you guys going to explain publicly on ESOC how to check in the recs if someone cheated in uhlan/roi fashion? I think it would be good if people could check themselves whether they're been cheated against.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

#MeToo
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Kaiserklein wrote:@n0el are you guys going to explain publicly on ESOC how to check in the recs if someone cheated in uhlan/roi fashion? I think it would be good if people could check themselves whether they're been cheated against.

They already explained though.... double check resources/unit cost with gather rate...
Error 404: Signature not found
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I think most people on here are decent human beings who don't cheat. Subhuman cheating scumfucks are in the minority.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

noissance wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:@n0el are you guys going to explain publicly on ESOC how to check in the recs if someone cheated in uhlan/roi fashion? I think it would be good if people could check themselves whether they're been cheated against.

They already explained though.... double check resources/unit cost with gather rate...

No there's a way easier way.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

Kaiserklein wrote:
noissance wrote:

No there's a way easier way.

There is? Might wanna message eaglemut then... poor guy probably spent hours going thru the games...
Error 404: Signature not found
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Maybe if you have the casting UI installed while watching the rec, it will show you the cards each player sent. This might work.

Or the chat might show you a notification after each card shipped has arrived.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

There's an easier trick but I'll wait for an answer from esoc admins
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

we've all looked at that French female vill in a vile way, haven't we... :roll:
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

pecelot wrote:we've all looked at that French female vill in a vile way, haven't we... :roll:

No seems like it's just you actually.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

noissance wrote:Might wanna message eaglemut then... poor guy probably spent hours going thru the games...
:hmm:
Kaiserklein wrote:There's an easier trick but I'll wait for an answer from esoc admins
I thought it's what Dolan mentioned? That's what I understood from your explanation on twitch chat.
I agree it would be good for people to know.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

EAGLEMUT wrote:
noissance wrote:Might wanna message eaglemut then... poor guy probably spent hours going thru the games...
:hmm:
Kaiserklein wrote:There's an easier trick but I'll wait for an answer from esoc admins
I thought it's what Dolan mentioned? That's what I understood from your explanation on twitch chat.

spell it out to us "not informed yet" ppl please. would be so sweet to know :biggrin:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

I know these high level players just can't be as good as they are supposed to be. Anyone beyond captain is likely hittin the cheats! At a bare minimum I'd imagine so many are using maphacks and their real "skill" is playing in a way that it's not obvious they have it!
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

dicktator_ wrote:I think most people on here are decent human beings who don't cheat. Subhuman cheating scumfucks are in the minority.

I do sincerely love the impactful language used in this post. Calling the cheaters subhuman really dehumanizes these scumfucks to a point where we really don't care if they draw another breath or not.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

fightinfrenchman wrote:
pecelot wrote:we've all looked at that French female vill in a vile way, haven't we... :roll:

No seems like it's just you actually.

I see you like it rough. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

EAGLEMUT wrote:I thought it's what Dolan mentioned? That's what I understood from your explanation on twitch chat.

Well let's assume the cheater isn't dumb. He's not gonna give his own version of the recorded game, where people would see him looking at the black parts of the map, showing he's using a maphack. So we usually have the version of the cheater's opponent. (for those who wouldn't know, you can't lock view on someone's point of view if the rec file wasn't recorded directly from that person's comp, which makes it impossible to know if there was a maphack or not)

So the real trick is to pause the recorded game while it's loading. That way, the rec will be paused at 0:00 in game, and you can switch to the cheater's point of view and unpause. And now, you can see in the in-game chat on the left if the guy is shipping anything at 0:00. They usually won't ship upgrades later on, because it's way too easy to spot for anyone watching the rec. Doing it at start makes it impossible for someone who doesn't know that pause trick to spot the cheat.

So that's way easier and more reliable than calculating how fast the resources are gathered for example. That was my point

P.S: I didn't find out that trick myself. @Mitoe told me about it, and he got it from __UhLaN__ himself. He felt guilty about having cheated and decided to help as much as he could, by explaining that trick as well as giving the cheat files so that ESOC would be able to patch it in next ep.
Mitoe himself would be in a better spot to explain more accurately what it happened.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I'd cheat if I could get away with it ez
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

Uhlan and Roi cheating? Such upstanding members of our community! Who's next in the shocking revelations? :O It could be anyone. Let's audit aiz
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

so uhlan cheated in a groupstage game against a rdm scrub. Even without cheats hed still be capable of beating capts / majors so why cheat vs even lower ranks ?
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Kaiserklein wrote:
EAGLEMUT wrote:I thought it's what Dolan mentioned? That's what I understood from your explanation on twitch chat.

Well let's assume the cheater isn't dumb. He's not gonna give his own version of the recorded game, where people would see him looking at the black parts of the map, showing he's using a maphack. So we usually have the version of the cheater's opponent. (for those who wouldn't know, you can't lock view on someone's point of view if the rec file wasn't recorded directly from that person's comp, which makes it impossible to know if there was a maphack or not)

So the real trick is to pause the recorded game while it's loading. That way, the rec will be paused at 0:00 in game, and you can switch to the cheater's point of view and unpause. And now, you can see in the in-game chat on the left if the guy is shipping anything at 0:00. They usually won't ship upgrades later on, because it's way too easy to spot for anyone watching the rec. Doing it at start makes it impossible for someone who doesn't know that pause trick to spot the cheat.

So that's way easier and more reliable than calculating how fast the resources are gathered for example. That was my point

P.S: I didn't find out that trick myself. @Mitoe told me about it, and he got it from __UhLaN__ himself. He felt guilty about having cheated and decided to help as much as he could, by explaining that trick as well as giving the cheat files so that ESOC would be able to patch it in next ep.

He felt guilty after being caught? Or did he confess before? If the former then i dont really put much stock in its honesty
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

lordraphael wrote:so uhlan cheated in a groupstage game against a rdm scrub. Even without cheats hed still be capable of beating capts / majors so why cheat vs even lower ranks ?

He was also capable of losing vs them. Even with cheats on.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

lordraphael wrote:so uhlan cheated in a groupstage game against a rdm scrub. Even without cheats hed still be capable of beating capts / majors so why cheat vs even lower ranks ?

Who can explain the mentality of powerful men in this industry :(