Names with unique meanings?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Turkey HUMMAN
Lancer
ESO: HUMMAN

Re: Names with unique meanings?

Post by HUMMAN »

Back then dota 1 was our high school s traditional game. And i was a teen who wants to be cool on stuff like existanyalism and shit, so "human" represents no layer, just a human. Also it is kinda a joke playing against bots, human vs bots. But in game, when we are hype getting kills my friends keeped calling me Hum-an which eventually turns to the HUMMAN.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

This thread is pretty interesting. Back in the Call Of Duty days I came across these Australians who just wouldn't shut up. They kept complaining so to piss them off I changed my username so something like theirs. My username was "Rorz" at the time, so I changed it to RorzTH. Fast forward to around 2014, I liked a funny facebook page called "Ben Hunter" who often told a story of a character called "Jakey Boy" https://www.facebook.com/ben.hunter.712 ... 702020120/ . Hence combining the two = JakeyBoyTH.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Post by yurashic »

P i k i l i c wrote:WTF I just found that piroshiki means Russian food, would have loved to know this story too :roll:

It doesn't. The word is different.
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

I think my name is one of the worst, just my first name, the first letter of my last name and 99. Why? I have no idea, maybe cause its the highest number with 2 digits. Nope, I'm not 18 anymore either :/

I'm really not creative, especially when it comes to creating online usernames. I still need to find a good one for my CS:GO gaming career though!!!
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

yurashic wrote:
P i k i l i c wrote:WTF I just found that piroshiki means Russian food, would have loved to know this story too :roll:

It doesn't. The word is different.
piroshiki is a Japanese word not Russian :chinese: https://www.google.com/search?q=%E3%83% ... 66&bih=659
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

You can make a screenshot of an in-game one, they look more lovely! :love:
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

I lived in Ede at the time, as did my brother ( @edehollandsbrother ). It's a city in The Netherlands, but since The Netherlands is often referred to as Holland, my brother came up with this name. When I got involved in the community I claimed this name, but before that time my brother made several popular scenario's. Because of this, to this day I'm still getting messages about helping with making triggers for a scenario, while I don't know much about it.
No Flag yakuza
Dragoon

Post by yakuza »

I guess I won't get the chance to explain my name :(... Most informed gamers know its meaning..
"Also I fail to see why mods should be considered like gods, they're just average people who're here to moderate"
-[Armag] diarouga
No Flag yakuza
Dragoon

Post by yakuza »

Lukas_L99 wrote:I think my name is one of the worst, just my first name, the first letter of my last name and 99. Why? I have no idea, maybe cause its the highest number with 2 digits. Nope, I'm not 18 anymore either :/

I'm really not creative, especially when it comes to creating online usernames. I still need to find a good one for my CS:GO gaming career though!!!

You into pro-gaming (CS:GO) ? :)
"Also I fail to see why mods should be considered like gods, they're just average people who're here to moderate"
-[Armag] diarouga
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

yakuza wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:I think my name is one of the worst, just my first name, the first letter of my last name and 99. Why? I have no idea, maybe cause its the highest number with 2 digits. Nope, I'm not 18 anymore either :/

No lol i was joking, I'm just playing for fun (global tho!)
But if you're asking if I'm following the scene - yep I am!
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

>because ochem is dope.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

Nice stories so far. :flowers:
oranges.
No Flag yakuza
Dragoon

Post by yakuza »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
yakuza wrote:

No lol i was joking, I'm just playing for fun (global tho!)
But if you're asking if I'm following the scene - yep I am!

How old are you, may I know?
And is there any CS team, whom you follow earnestly? ;)
-[Armag] diarouga
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Post by Cometk »

black_thought is not some emo bullshit it's the name of a fUckin rapper from thelegendary east coast hip hop band "the roots"

cometk is from when i was young and making an account on the pokemon website serebii.net. at the time i was also interested in astrology and i chose it because comets are made of ice and ice type pokemon are my favorite and because it's a nice sounding word. the "k" at the end is because simply "comet" was already taken and so was "comets" so i chose k because it's a pretty letter
United States of America rickytickitembo
Dragoon
ESO: RickyTickiTembo

Post by rickytickitembo »

Based on the story of the old Chinese tale of Tikki Tikki Tembo my cousin always called me Ricky Ticky Tembo (Ricky being my name) and bam.... RickyTickiTembo.
My favorite donut is chocolate Aiz.
Germany QueenOfdestiny
Retired Contributor
ESO: QueenOfdestiny

Post by QueenOfdestiny »

i think i need nothing to say :biggrin:
@dicktator_ insane practices names for the torunament
Attachments
i291^cimgpsh_orig.png
shit juice :hmm:
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
ESO: Mameluké

Post by Mameluke »

XeeleeFlower wrote:What a lovely thread! :flowers:

My name comes from a short story written by Stephen Baxter. A Xeelee Flower is inconspicuous, yet has the power to save humanity, which it ultimately does. It transforms energy (even destructive energy) into mass and it grows indefinitely as it receives even more energy. Pieces of it can be cut and used as invincible construction material. Fits my personality. :P

very very nice
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

first nick: iLoveSquats because I love being in the gym and always if I have to create a nickname names associated with sports come to my mind first so this time it was "iLoveSquats" cause I love them so much (and im really good at it also) but I thought like "if my games ever get casted it would sound shit if they say "iLoveSquats is smashing @Aizamk (Maybe some day that will happen :D)" or so so I decided to choose a nickname which fits a bit more for that.
So I decided to call me "Mameluké" because I wanted a name which is related to AoE3 and as Mamelukes are very very strong units and im also very strong thats the nickname I went for. I also love how they talk and how they look like, my favourite unit for sure. Why with "é" ? Because "Mameluke" was taken already sadly. :(
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon

Post by Mameluke »

lordraphael wrote:also at last some1 made this thread. I have wanted to make this thread for a long time myself but ive always been to lazy to actually do it. Im particularly interested in @deleted_user2 ´s story. Mine is lame. I was young and i thought it sounds cool:)

@deleted_user2
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I used to know a kid from romania that would own a lot of people in a romanian grepolis server (who btw wouldn't even be nearly as good as I was on my prime on a greek server in the future) and also had a badass attitude, and since I was a kid and looked up to him I copied this nickname on other online games and gameranger (where you can find the original tedere guy if you search for TEDERE!) and since I started playing aoe3 online on gameranger I used that nickname on eso as well.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

and 12 because of Samwise, ramex, ovi or your age? :hmm:
Holy See Imperial Noob
Lancer

Post by Imperial Noob »

The thread is obviously meant for ESOC fames, but because I might be known to some part of the audience, I'll dare to partake.

The story:

The name of Imperial Noob comes from the result of my first multiplayer game. I have been a voracious offline player for many years, but without older siblings, internet access and while being very introverted, at the age of around thirteen I had no experience with multiplayer gaming at all. For the first time in my life I joined a game on ESO on the map Amazonia, mostly due to the fact that I liked tropical landscapes... and you can guess, what followed...
The Brits opponent with a water deck, likely PR 20 or more, saw my joyful sandbox like gameplay, appropriate for NR 40 vs bots... and while I was trying to get my majestic sounding Imperial Age and fancy uniforms for my troops, he knocked at the door with Admirality size fleet.

That's how I learned the words "competitive gameplay" as in "you beat other people in a computer game for fun".

Recognizing my naivety, I pleaded my opponent to stall the match and let me build units for exp, while he would get more xp from kills.

I've learnt that day, that even though I memorized virtually all unit stats, accents, not to mention names of shipments, etc. I was a complete Noob in the game.
And that was a very humbling lesson.

Some years forward, I had the opportunity to reconcile with the game and the first step was to pick a name for ESOC. Having already reached the other side of teenage years, I recalled the judgement day and typed "Imperial Noob" as an atoner name.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

deleted_user wrote:Breeze + Brothers = BreezeBrothers

Age + of + Killer = AgeofKiller
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Post by ssaraf »

Ok. Nice stories so far, now my name robinhood_xing.

When, i started this game (my college friends told me about it) i was playing german. I used to get bashed by bots like anything. The ottoman or India army would come with infinite jans/sepoys (sometimes with cannons) and crush my poor xbow pikes all day long. Then one fine day, I was watching a movie called "Robinhood". It is a war movie, I would recommend ppl to see. In that movie, the hero leads his army tactically and wins using xbow pike (pikes in cover mode kindof , while bows were shooting from behind) and kills enemy army. I was soooooo fascinated after seeing that, I named my gaming account on GR as robinhood.

I used to play 2v2s on GR with my brother. His name was the sound of the Taunt 33 , which is xing.

So, later when I got my chance to name my eso account, I named it robinhood_xing (hoping he wud share that account or some kind of memory). :D