Poll: How do you feel about The Basement's posts on ESOC forums?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.

How do you feel about The Basement's posts on ESOC forums?

I enjoy their posts and I'm looking forward to more of their content!
41%
I do not enjoy their posts and content, I want them gone!
29%
I don't really care either way.
30%

Total votes: 105

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Poll: How do you feel about The Basement's posts on ESOC forums?

Post by gibson »

Goodspeed wrote:TIL 18/48 is half.
Yea if you consider the question to be should they be banned or not, it's less than 40% wanting them to be banned. Higher than most other members probably but nowhere near 50%.
Panama Mad_Hound
Musketeer
ESO: GenGrevious23

Post by Mad_Hound »

How about this...
Create a little play area for the basement banned people or whoever can play in? It will be the saloon of the esoc website persay.
Panama Mad_Hound
Musketeer

Post by Mad_Hound »

If they post outside of that area they are banned for life from Esoc. This would last till death.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

You guys are overthinking this. Just apply the rules and move on. A forum is just a forum, why waste so much time debating trifling stuff like this.

Also, in the immortal words of

Or close the tab.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Mad_Hound wrote:How about this...
Create a little play area for the basement banned people or whoever can play in? It will be the saloon of the esoc website persay.

They have this it is the Small Claims Court
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

@Dolan Cyber bullying is a real thing. It's so easy to make light of it. "Close the tab." "Walk away." Sure, one can do that, but the hurtful words are still there. Yeah, you can say, "grow a pair", "get over it", but you cannot change how one's brain works. You don't know their life story. You don't know what they may have been through. You don't really know them. It may be easy for you. It may be easy for others. BUT that doesn't mean it's easy for everyone. I have written and said this many times, but I'm going to write it again. I am a very sensitive person. If I had some of the shit hurled at me at me that's hurled at people here, I would be very hurt. For fucks sake, I got hurt by being backstabbed in the diplomacy game! Would I kill myself? No. I've been through all that. But other people are not me. I feel like empathy is truly lacking in some of the posts that I read. Even my dearest @Goodspeed is not immune to this. I try to get him to be nicer and not so straightforward, but to no avail. I get it though. Intelligent people often do lack the warmth and empathy that is needed when communicating with others. I admire the ability to be thick skinned and the "I just don't give a fuck" attitude. It's beautiful, until someone gets hurt. Sometimes though, that "IDGAF" attitude is just a shell, a protection, when in reality, the individual does care. What's said does hurt. I am guilty of this.

Just so you know, I agree with a lot of what you write. You have the intelligence that I admire. In this instance though, I feel like you have not looked at all the data. Maybe you don't care to since it doesn't affect you. In any case :flowers:
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Colombia Jjtuxtron
Crossbow

Post by Jjtuxtron »

XeeleeFlower wrote:@Dolan Cyber bullying is a real thing. It's so easy to make light of it. "Close the tab." "Walk away." Sure, one can do that, but the hurtful words are still there. Yeah, you can say, "grow a pair", "get over it", but you cannot change how one's brain works. You don't know their life story. You don't know what they may have been through. You don't really know them. It may be easy for you. It may be easy for others. BUT that doesn't mean it's easy for everyone. I have written and said this many times, but I'm going to write it again. I am a very sensitive person. If I had some of the shit hurled at me at me that's hurled at people here, I would be very hurt. For fucks sake, I got hurt by being backstabbed in the diplomacy game! Would I kill myself? No. I've been through all that. But other people are not me. I feel like empathy is truly lacking in some of the posts that I read. Even my dearest @Goodspeed is not immune to this. I try to get him to be nicer and not so straightforward, but to no avail. I get it though. Intelligent people often do lack the warmth and empathy that is needed when communicating with others. I admire the ability to be thick skinned and the "I just don't give a fuck" attitude. It's beautiful, until someone gets hurt. Sometimes though, that "IDGAF" attitude is just a shell, a protection, when in reality, the individual does care. What's said does hurt. I am guilty of this.

Just so you know, I agree with a lot of what you write. You have the intelligence that I admire. In this instance though, I feel like you have not looked at all the data. Maybe you don't care to since it doesn't affect you. In any case :flowers:

Grow a pair
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Jjtuxtron wrote:
XeeleeFlower wrote:@Dolan Cyber bullying is a real thing. It's so easy to make light of it. "Close the tab." "Walk away." Sure, one can do that, but the hurtful words are still there. Yeah, you can say, "grow a pair", "get over it", but you cannot change how one's brain works. You don't know their life story. You don't know what they may have been through. You don't really know them. It may be easy for you. It may be easy for others. BUT that doesn't mean it's easy for everyone. I have written and said this many times, but I'm going to write it again. I am a very sensitive person. If I had some of the shit hurled at me at me that's hurled at people here, I would be very hurt. For fucks sake, I got hurt by being backstabbed in the diplomacy game! Would I kill myself? No. I've been through all that. But other people are not me. I feel like empathy is truly lacking in some of the posts that I read. Even my dearest @Goodspeed is not immune to this. I try to get him to be nicer and not so straightforward, but to no avail. I get it though. Intelligent people often do lack the warmth and empathy that is needed when communicating with others. I admire the ability to be thick skinned and the "I just don't give a fuck" attitude. It's beautiful, until someone gets hurt. Sometimes though, that "IDGAF" attitude is just a shell, a protection, when in reality, the individual does care. What's said does hurt. I am guilty of this.

Grow a pair

I think you'll find its a bit impossible
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

JakeyBoyTH wrote:I think you'll find its a bit impossible

Reported for transphobia.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Dolan wrote:You guys are overthinking this. Just apply the rules and move on. A forum is just a forum, why waste so much time debating trifling stuff like this.

Applying the rules is the easy part. The two questions here are really "What should the rules be?" and "Is the Comm Team's interpretation of the rules as-written the best it can be?"

@Jjtuxtron Such posts do not contribute to the discussion.

@lejend Instead of claiming to make a report and not doing so, you'll find that it is easier to bring posts to the attention of the Community Team by making the report and not claiming to do so.
duck
:mds:
imo
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

even if u accidently read a post thats just nonsense u can still ignor it.. it might be a waste but afterall everyone here is kind of wasting time.. the only thing aoe brought me ws a kind of better english cauz i never learnt it anywhere
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Vinyanenya wrote:Applying the rules is the easy part. The two questions here are really "What should the rules be?" and "Is the Comm Team's interpretation of the rules as-written the best it can be?"

Rules should specify that spamming new topics is not allowed, especially when these topics don't have a clear subject, have already been the subject of another topic (duplicate topic) or if the topic turns the forum into one's personal social media (blogging about your personal life or your friends' lives, when there is no clear subject for other forum members to discuss).
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

sebnan12 wrote:even if u accidently read a post thats just nonsense u can still ignor it.. it might be a waste but afterall everyone here is kind of wasting time.. the only thing aoe brought me ws a kind of better english cauz i never learnt it anywhere

The more time people waste the less inclined they are to continue browsing. If you read something that is amusing only 10% of the time, you will stop reading. We're here for aoe, the community at least should be focussed on aoe. Flooding the forums with non sensical stuff is actually going to make people leave the forums. If you're warned for it and then still continue doing it then you deserve a ban, and at this point in time basement deserves a permanent ban.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

well the poll still is in their favor cauz for example i like the drama they deliever.. so thats just ur pov
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

NEED MORE XP
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Jerom wrote:You're also not the one being called the founder of ISIS.

No, I have not been called that @momuuu.
If someone had called me founder of IS, I would prolly wonder if that person was missing some of his marbles? Or just joking? Idk.
But, if this was an ongoing flame war against me, and if there where other ppl joining in on it, I would consider it bullying - and it would hurt me and make me angry :mad:
I would maybe make a thread about it, selecting some evidence if its a systematic thing, and hope that the community would support me - cos the very vast majority of ppl dont like bullies :ugly: I would hope that also refers to ppl in this community.
If, on the other hand, I got mad and responded in the same fashion as the bullies, it would only make me look weak, and laughable to most ppl - and thus reinforce the bullies, - while my chances of being supported by the community would be weakened.

I would encourage everyone who reads this - to not take bullying lightly - and support the person who are subjected to childish, malicious harassment. I for one would support you, for sure :P
peace - out :love:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

iwillspankyou wrote:

No, I have not been called that @momuuu.
If someone had called me founder of IS, I would prolly wonder if that person was missing some of his marbles? Or just joking? Idk.
But, if this was an ongoing flame war against me, and if there where other ppl joining in on it, I would consider it bullying - and it would hurt me and make me angry :mad:
I would maybe make a thread about it, selecting some evidence if its a systematic thing, and hope that the community would support me - cos the very vast majority of ppl dont like bullies :ugly: I would hope that also refers to ppl in this community.
If, on the other hand, I got mad and responded in the same fashion as the bullies, it would only make me look weak, and laughable to most ppl - and thus reinforce the bullies, - while my chances of being supported by the community would be weakened.

I would encourage everyone who reads this - to not take bullying lightly - and support the person who are subjected to childish, malicious harassment. I for one would support you, for sure :P
peace - out :love:

gave u a like but seriously girl grow a pair ;)

NEED MORE XP
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@sebnan12 said:
gave u a like but seriously girl grow a pair ;)

thx for the like :love:
a girl cannot grow a pair - you should know that :P
If you mean courage, I have some, and it also takes courage to tell ppl what you feel, and how their salty remarks are affecting you.
Apart from that, I would wish the basement team back again :flowers:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Are you serious lol? The same day Trump calls Obama the founder of Isis you get called the founder of Isis and take it seriously? And if you're bringing up random shit they said you really want me to post all the screen shots they have of rude and derogatory shit you said to them?
Panama Mad_Hound
Musketeer

Post by Mad_Hound »

How dare you speak like that to a God, Gibson!! He Who Shall Not Be Named deserves your submission as he hath never have fault. Speak his name turns a women's nether regions as dry as the Sahara Desert.

From your comment Gibson I have lost all interest in being part of Esocommunity forums, tournament events, individual streams on Twitch, and videos on youtube. My interest has been diminished enough to make this decision. Your comment and the basement. Goodbye.

*Waves the Lorax one last time*
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Mad_Hound wrote:How dare you speak like that to a God, Gibson!! He Who Shall Not Be Named deserves your submission as he hath never have fault. Speak his name turns a women's nether regions as dry as the Sahara Desert.

From your comment Gibson I have lost all interest in being part of Esocommunity forums, tournament events, individual streams on Twitch, and videos on youtube. My interest has been diminished enough to make this decision. Your comment and the basement. Goodbye.

*Waves the Lorax one last time*
Exactly, i deserved to be permabanned tbh
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

gibson wrote:
Are you serious lol? The same day Trump calls Obama the founder of Isis you get called the founder of Isis and take it seriously? And if you're bringing up random shit they said you really want me to post all the screen shots they have of rude and derogatory shit you said to them?

ty

NEED MORE XP
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

gibson wrote:

And theres the core difference. I made a mistake - a pretty big one - and was warned for it. I then changed my behaviour for the better.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

A mistake? You (among others) and the basement have been slinging feces at each other pretty much since the day they joined. It wasn't a one time thing.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Jerom wrote:
gibson wrote:

And theres the core difference. I made a mistake - a pretty big one - and was warned for it. I then changed my behaviour for the better.
No one's saying they're innocent but don't act like you're much better then them just because you're much more subtle.
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

I'm the No. 1 shit poster in ESOC. Ban me plz... pecelot has already warned me though.... :maniac:
oranges.