About stalling the game & respect

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Re: Noob Champion

Post by pecelot »

Kaiserklein wrote:Lol you took 1 part of the chat, there were some other people complaining. Plus a lot of viewers don't type anything so you don't know what they think, you should compare the amount of people complaining to the amount of people typing, not just watching.

Then look again, I took the part in which people complained purposely.

The other part, on your request :dry: Of course my message was ironical.

And how can you assume those people didn't enjoy it? One, as you said, doesn't know what's in their minds, and yet you claim they were fed up with the gameplay. A more logical conclusion would lead to an opposite statement — they kept watching (the number of viewers was constantly floating around 50), which meant they at the very least didn't mind the parts 4 folks were complaining about.

About your personal remark, well, Mr. Omniscient, I guess there might be lots of things going on behind the scenes, which you naturally don't see or appreciate, because why would you ever, right ;) But that's only my guess, what can I know...

EDIT: I would like to shut down this topic here as it's not the best place for such discussions, but it would be somewhat unfair to take an opportunity to respond away from you, so at least let's keep it civil (both sides — @JakeyBoyTH :flowers:) and end it as soon as possible — with further issues regarding moderation etc. I invite you to the Small Claims Court.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Just read again. I said you can't assume what people who don't type think. You said 4 people are 8%, that's 8% of everyone watching, which obviously isn't representative, since a lot of viewers won't type regardless of what they think.

And you took only one specific part of the chat, out of 3 games. You don't show, for example, the part where he was making envoys in age 1. People were also angry there. Anyway I'm not gonna count how many people complained, it's childish. The point is just that it wasn't respectful, and even the chat was angry. But then, I'm really not surprised that you're the one defending jakey, since you're part of the staff (which obviously makes you biased), but mostly because you also did that in some games I was casting with queen.
You started building age 4 towers all around eaglemut's base, with like 5x his score, his eco and his mass and 1 age ahead, and ofc you didn't finish. Everyone in the chat was like "can we just force them to finish" etc, because it's just extremely boring and disrespectful to do this. It's as stupid as hiding your vils in a corner of the map. Obviously it was also eaglemut's fault, since he didn't resign. But yeah, you probably can't see my point then, when you do this kind of shit yourself.

About your work as a mod, I'll open a new thread to not spam this one.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I don't really got your point about being representative or not, there were also other people who spoke their minds during the games and weren't as upset, which ultimately decreases the number of undecided and inactive viewers. I watched the entire series and people at first called Jakey a bad troll, which is something that could happen — I think your main point was about respect, and the end of the third game was the time you mentioned it in the chat with 2/3 more people openly agreeing with you. Nevertheless, I'd say still the ones that complained did so from the very beginning, so it wouldn't really change anything in numbers. And yet we saw them at the finish, too!
Yes, I did it and I see nothing wrong with that. Jakey's approach was a bit different, his strategies were pretty awful and it was rather miserable to watch throughout, but hey, it was a nice stream, we saw some matches with hilarious moments, there's no need to complain that hard about someone else's game. In the games vs EAGLEMUT I enjoyed myself as I like to do when I'm in the lead sometimes, since it's, in the end, a... computer game! And, as you may have or have not learned already, part of it is also water, that may not be banned in tournaments, outposts, natives, unction etc. Not a 10-min skirmish with one deciding fight. :flowers:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

It's dumb. Pecelot it was dumb when you did it with afdafa and when Eaglmut doesn't resign. It's just frankly not funny nor interesting. Nothing makes me want to tune out more than the above which sucks because I don't want to tune out, I want to watch and support the aoe scene and so do other viewers.

Obviously you and kaiser and I have different opinions but it's hardly so one-dimensional that you can act like there isn't some truth to his/our opinion. I find it's highly, highly unlikely an opinion held by kaiser and I is an opinion only active in kaiser and I.

This isn't the thread to discuss it but it's the only one available to. Sorry, Paul.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: About stalling the game & respect

Post by deleted_user »

Thanks ede. It makes sense that not every user can instantly know or be expected to look up the "appropriate" thread for each discussion.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Uhhhh ... what happened?

Stalling games on stream is annoying when they are clearly 100% over.

Unusual strategies are fine though (and encouraged) which I would put age 1 envoys under.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Regardless of staff positions, I hate it when people stall the game for no reason. I pested @EAGLEMUT for a few months when he did that shit to me. Not cool ...

To this day I'm not sure whether you were serious about that, I thought we're just messing around.

deleted_user wrote:It's dumb. Pecelot it was dumb when you did it with afdafa and when Eaglmut doesn't resign. It's just frankly not funny nor interesting. Nothing makes me want to tune out more than the above which sucks because I don't want to tune out, I want to watch and support the aoe scene and so do other viewers.

Obviously you and kaiser and I have different opinions but it's hardly so one-dimensional that you can act like there isn't some truth to his/our opinion. I find it's highly, highly unlikely an opinion held by kaiser and I is an opinion only active in kaiser and I.

I didn't see Jakey's games, but the afdafa series was fun. Resigning after losing two vills and proceeding to delete your account is frankly not funny nor interesting. Nothing makes me want to tune out more than the above which sucks because I don't want to tune out, I want to watch and support the AoE scene and so do other viewers.
Obviously you and pezet and I have different opinions but it's hardly so one-dimensional that you can act like there isn't some truth to his/our opinion. I find it's highly, highly unlikely an opinion held by pezet and I is an opinion only active in pezet and I.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I don't resign a broadcasted series after I've lost 2 vills nor do I delete my account. I was hardly implying my personal tendencies are acceptable. They aren't. They're in fact incredibly embarrassing. They're not fun to watch. They're disrespectful to viewers. I've become a joke because of it. My personal channel is neither here nor there. I simply hold myself accountable to a different standard when streaming my own games compared to when I play a broadcasted series organized by organizers in which viewers hold certain expectations. This is also why I do not play tournaments anymore - I've learned from my disrespectful actions.

Do I think pecelot trolls massively every game on ESO? No, that's laughable. He does so precisely because it is streamed. I do believe the same with you and your refusal to resign and jakey's recent antics. To me that type of play is deliberately inconsiderate. Do I think he is intentionally disrespecting organizers and viewers? No, that is also laughable. However it is inconsiderate nonetheless, by definition, whether he chooses to accept it or not. There is evidence of such.

I'm not sure why you're trying to use my words against me. I'm not arguing some don't find it entertaining. I'm arguing that a sizeable percentage find it deliberately and utterly unentertaining and even strongly off putting - until that is acknowledged I will keep arguing.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

There's a difference between trying hard to win a game, and not resigning when it has been 100% over for 10 min...
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

deleted_user wrote:I don't resign a broadcasted series after I've lost 2 vills
Not saying you do, but ridiculous resigns during broadcasted series are certainly not unprecedented for others.

deleted_user wrote:Do I think pecelot trolls massively every game on ESO? No, that's laughable. He does so precisely because it is streamed.

Of course he does — precisely to entertain the viewers! I find it hard to believe anyone would find the series more interesting if pezet just swept all the afdafa games. Yes, some people might complain that they don't wanna watch "trolly" games, but truth is if he played serious literally nobody would find it interesting and I bet you that even more people would complain why is such an uninteresting game even streamed. As it is right now the memes are being shared to this day and I consider the series a great success in entertainment value.

deleted_user wrote:I do believe the same with you and your refusal to resign and jakey's recent antics. To me that type of play is deliberately inconsiderate.

I like to play fun and interesting games. Resigning after losing 6 musks in the first encounter does not seem like a lot of fun to me. If I'd resign every time I make a mistake and my build isn't perfect, I would rarely make it past the first minute of game time.
I don't resign when I still see a chance to win and have some plan to at least cheese it out. I don't resign when it would cut off something funny happening for the stream. I don't resign when I fail to realize I'm further behind that I thought. I don't resign when I'm literally asked to fill stream time as the other option is no stream at all. Is any of this really inconsiderate to you? Deliberately, even?

Perhaps I can give you an explanation if you link me a match where you feel I have inconsiderately stalled the game and refused to resign to the dismay of viewers such as yourself.

Personally I find that games featuring a player miraculously coming back from an unfavorable position are the most interesting to me, both as a player and as a viewer. And it seems to me quite a few viewers share this feeling.

deleted_user wrote:I'm not sure why you're trying to use my words against me. I'm not arguing some don't find it entertaining. I'm arguing that a sizeable percentage find it deliberately and utterly unentertaining and even strongly off putting - until that is acknowledged I will keep arguing.
I hereby refuse to acknowledge a sizeable percentage find my play deliberately unentertaining and strongly off putting. It's just a meme. :chinese:
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

it's boring and goes against the spirit of competition. There's a reason almost every competitive, professional sport i can think of has rules against this, even when they already have timelimits imposed. but aoe isnt competitive anymore (if it ever was) so nobody gives a fuck, and why would they? they players obviously dont give a fuck lol
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

let's be honest the game were shit and were not funny. I'm never going to watch any "official" game from these 2. One kid playing on trackpad and doing his "awesome" strategies and one idiot drunk who seriously can't handle alcohol whatsoever.
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

:hmm: I would almost watch the vod just to see what all this fuss is about. Anyway I sympathize with Callen's point of view; it triggers me when people intentionally don't resign a game that they know is over.
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

princeofkabul wrote:drunk who seriously can't handle alcohol whatsoever.
Not everyone is a viking. 8-)
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands dietschlander
Lancer

Post by dietschlander »

I respect all of Boneng's children
Theres going to be a dam, the great dam and we'll let the beavers pay for it - Edeholland 2016
Anyway, nuancing isn't your forte, so I'll agree with you like I would with a 8 year old: violence is bad, don't do hard drugs and stay in school Benj98
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Maybe the mistake then is choosing to cast some games, but then again if it's a tournament game, then why not. Like Eaglemut said, for example in my series vs afdafa, would you really enjoy it more if it was only a 20-minute-long stream with no history whatsoever? Just try to think of the best matches of all time in the game — I bet they weren't just 15-minute-long semi-FF mirrors, but something out of the box, extraordinary. I personally don't think I'd have changed my gameplan against afdafa had the games not been broadcasted, but of course the viewership adds a bit of spice and sometimes you try to improvise and entertain.

My approach is player-centric. The game is for the players mainly, stream is something extra. Naturally, it's rather unwelcome to behave inappropriately in any way during any match, especially if it's casted for larger audiences, though it's about the participants. Competitiveness, right? Furthermore, I don't consider any of the aforementioned „delinquencies" eminently harmful. Eaglemut is one of the best players I know when it comes to coming back from being on a back-foot, although sometimes he fails to do so, which is OK, since he tries. If the game is all about winning, not about any entertainment or amusement values, then why the heck is it so hard to just steamroll? Once you're in a 50-point-lead, it's rather easy to just finish the game in the upcoming minutes; once your opponent trolls terribly, why not just end the misery to both and decide the game? In the games vs Jakey it wasn't like Queen was playing flawlessly, I'm sure it wouldn't be too difficult for a medium-skilled player to just wrap it up and succeed quickly. If you really count on winning your series, then you should actually be grateful for someone who just laid themselves open, right? ;)
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Pay more attention to detail.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Basically, yesh! :maniac:
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Holy shit pecelot you are an annoying person
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Holy shit callen you are an annoying person
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

my respond always "holy shit you are an annoying person" :mrgreen:
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

holy shit kothula you are an annoying boss
holy shit cholutha you are an annoying hot sauce
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

deleted_user wrote:I apologise for my spam and wish the forgiveness of the merciful community team

Well said, thank you for apologising
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

deleted_user wrote:Holy shit pecelot you are an annoying person