Will this community move to Age of Empires Defintive Edition?

This is for discussions about the community, players, forum games, grudge matches, memes and everything else related to ESOC and its members.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Will this community move to Age of Empires Defintive Edition?

Post by bobabu »

There are only a few Age of Empires 3 players left. I don't know if there are enough players left. I'd advise the community to move completely to the new game if it's significantly better. What does it mean for the eso Servers?.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: Will this community move to Age of Empires Defintive Edition?

Post by n0el »

Are you talking about age 1 de or age 3 de?
mad cuz bad
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher
ESO: deadrising78

Post by deadrising78 »

Hopefully age 3 de will be a patch
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

deadrising78 wrote:Hopefully age 3 de will be a patch

I doubt it, but it would be nice.

Usually, where money is to be made...
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag Kommander
Musketeer

Post by Kommander »

Microsoft is doing all of this for money. RTS has been dead and they see gold in an empty goldmine. That's why they're making a few RTS games.
Microsoft is not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts or passion. It's money. It's Microsoft.

Also, I really doubt our community will die. Many like myself just mostly abstain from it. The actual ESO community, the one in the game, is doing better then ever.
eso-community on the other hand... Well, it isn't dead. It seems fine and active by me. They had a $1500 prize pool recently, which is extremely generous for a 12 year old game.

Although, i've seen a few posts complain about high level play, but I can't speak for myself because I a mere pr14 to pr15 (varies).

I think we should definitely move onto these new games. We're pretty much the only age of empires 3 community as far as i'm aware of. (The Japanese one only has the simplistic ELO AFAIK).
I think this community is going to blow in terms of popularity and new posts are going to revolve around the new Age of Empires games.

Just my 2 cents :roll: .
Finland princeofkabul
Pro Player
NWC LAN Top 8EPL Reigning Champs
ESO: Princeofkabul

Post by princeofkabul »

i'll be moving there for sure
Chairman of Washed Up clan
Leader of the Shady Swedes
Team Manager of the Blockhouse Boomers
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
Wales CelticCrusader
Dragoon
ESO: CelticCrusader

Post by CelticCrusader »

Well if Microsoft do the game justice I will be moving over. Either way I will buy all the new versions to try whilst waiting for aoe4. ESO may just completely die I feel . But if the new version is significantly better then Im not sure many would care.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

If this topic is about AoE3:DE - so far we have no idea what the changes will be. It's possible ESO will be preserved and improved.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

It will probably have multiplayer support over Xbox Live like AoE1:DE.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

Kommander wrote:Microsoft is doing all of this for money. RTS has been dead and they see gold in an empty goldmine. That's why they're making a few RTS games.
Microsoft is not doing this out of the kindness of their hearts or passion. It's money. It's Microsoft.

Also, I really doubt our community will die. Many like myself just mostly abstain from it. The actual ESO community, the one in the game, is doing better then ever.
eso-community on the other hand... Well, it isn't dead. It seems fine and active by me. They had a $1500 prize pool recently, which is extremely generous for a 12 year old game.

Although, i've seen a few posts complain about high level play, but I can't speak for myself because I a mere pr14 to pr15 (varies).

I think we should definitely move onto these new games. We're pretty much the only age of empires 3 community as far as i'm aware of. (The Japanese one only has the simplistic ELO AFAIK).
I think this community is going to blow in terms of popularity and new posts are going to revolve around the new Age of Empires games.

Not really. Microsoft never used Aoe as a tool to make money. (Maybe in the beginning). It's a tool to get people on their platform. They just want to promote Windows 10 and the Windows Store.
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

I only know that I'll be there, I'll live 10 years more aoe! thanks god
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
No Flag Kommander
Musketeer

Post by Kommander »

bobabu wrote:
Not really. Microsoft never used Aoe as a tool to make money. (Maybe in the beginning). It's a tool to get people on their platform. They just want to promote Windows 10 and the Windows Store.

Only time will tell.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

bobabu wrote:
Kommander wrote:Microsoft is doing all of this for money. RTS has been dead and they see gold in an empty goldmine. That's why they're making a few RTS games.

Well you could argue that getting people on their platform will result in them getting more money, so their motivations still revolve around money.

I already pre-ordered aoe1:de because I'm a chump and I'll buy anything with the "age of empires" title on it. Idk if I'll play it as much as I played aoe3 though.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
No Flag enjoy2play
Dragoon

Post by enjoy2play »

will AOE 3 DE come on the same date then aoe 1 de? or release date not official atm?
Acergamer wrote:Well, that's it for me fellas haha. Anyways I just want to say good luck to Samwise12 ,and hope he beats Lordraphael since he's basically a piece of shit idiot combination of Garja and Umeu.
N3O_Jerom wrote:and huh the balance is actually pretty good
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

enjoy2play wrote:will AOE 3 DE come on the same date then aoe 1 de? or release date not official atm?

Release date not known at this time.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Depends. If they remove treaty, I'm sticking to the old version.
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

I think it depends on how they will treat the game. First thing that its 99% confirmed, its all exclusive to win10, that doesnt look like a good start, but if the games are good imo people will acept... then there is a bigger problem:

If they treat the aoe1-2-3 DE as real games and provide active support / patches, I'm sure most people will migrate and enjoy the refresh, even if it brings almost nothing new.
But if they do what they just did with aom where they added a couple new civs and worsened most of the fetures and totally forgot about it, then we would stick to old aoe3, since at least it works.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

lemmings121 wrote:If they treat the aoe1-2-3 DE as real games and provide active support / patches, I'm sure most people will migrate and enjoy the refresh, even if it brings almost nothing new.
But if they do what they just did with aom where they added a couple new civs and worsened most of the fetures and totally forgot about it, then we would stick to old aoe3, since at least it works.

AoE1:DE is confirmed to include no new content (units/civs). I expect the other DEs to have similar philosophy.
And I think I agree with you this is a good thing.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

I'll buy AoE3:DE for sure :D
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

looks like ill have three platforms now to find games: aoe3 nilla, aoe3 EP, and aoe3 DE. CANT FUCKING WAIUTTTT!! BRUH
India drsingh
Dragoon
ESO: drsingh

Post by drsingh »

Ashvin wrote:I'll buy AoE3:DE for sure :D

Me too.

Though I'm worried about system requirements. My old laptop even though has latest window 10 (1503) is barely making minimum requirements for aoe1 de.
Switzerland bobabu
Howdah

Post by bobabu »

deleted_user wrote:looks like ill have three platforms now to find games: aoe3 nilla, aoe3 EP, and aoe3 DE. CANT FUCKING WAIUTTTT!! BRUH

Yes last time I was online. There were 500 ppl. So 100 nilla 50 Ep 150 asian 200 de split the community even more so great
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

I can't wait it for a rejuvenated aoe 3 community. That sounds amazing.
United States of America loquacioushoneybee
Crossbow

Post by loquacioushoneybee »

Zhanson10 wrote:I can't wait it for a rejuvenated aoe 3 community. That sounds amazing.

i used to play this game ages ago i can not wait !!!!
Ask not for whom the timer ticks, it ticks for thee.